Thanks Trump, for destroying the GOP

Bush lied
Yes he did....and Obama speaks only the truth...:uhoh3:
Obama was right about Iraq

Bush got his ass handed to him

Obama was nobody, and what evidence do you have that Obama said Hussein didn't have WMDs actually before the invasion?

LMAO, that was funny, RW having evidence for anything he says. I crack myself up

Bush should have listened to Obama....would have saved us a lot of grief

Transcript: Obama's Speech Against The Iraq War

Sen. Barack Obama's speech against Iraq war

The following is a transcript of the remarks then-Sen. Barack Obama delivered in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2002.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.

Ah yes...Barry Obama outlines his "containment" strategy! Remind me how "containing" a petty dictator named Adolf Hitler worked out back in the 30's? Remind how appealing to the "best impulses" of the Arab world has worked out for Obama now?

Yep. While you're at it, RW, can you name a country that switched sides when loved by the world Obama took over?

Obama was nobody, and what evidence do you have that Obama said Hussein didn't have WMDs actually before the invasion?

LMAO, that was funny, RW having evidence for anything he says. I crack myself up

The following is a transcript of the remarks then-Sen. Barack Obama delivered in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2002.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.

Ah yes...Barry Obama outlines his "containment" strategy! Remind me how "containing" a petty dictator named Adolf Hitler worked out back in the 30's? Remind how appealing to the "best impulses" of the Arab world has worked out for Obama now?

Interesting how history showed Obama's assessment of Iraq to be spot on. That is why he is president today

And when he became President, he changed that assessment to W's assessment, he finished Iraq by W's timeline and strategy. Apparently he was lying to you, comrade. Can you believe it? A politician lying? It's just not right, is it? Actually what I can't believe is you fall for it ... every time ...

Interesting how history showed Obama's assessment of Iraq to be spot on. That is why he is president today

His "containment" of Saddam Hussein would have worked about as well as his "containment" of Putin and his "containment" of ISIS. He's an idiot when it comes to foreign policy. The only one in Washington that might be more idiotic is our Secretary of State, John Kerry!

You don't think getting bitch slapped by Putin and then fighting with ISIS to bring down Syria is an effective strategy?

Yeah, right...and in ANY of that time did we have control of the Senate, House and White House like the Democrats did? Between Harry Reid refusing to bring GOP House bills to the floor of the Senate and Barack Obama declaring that he'd veto anything he didn't like that came to his desk...how is it that the GOP was "given" anything? Like I said...anytime you liberals want to give us conservatives complete control for 60 working days...THEN...and ONLY THEN can you say that the GOP has failed legislatively!
you gave us the GREAT RECESSION the last time you had the senate, the house of representatives and the white house in republican hands,,,

so let's count our blessing you haven't been given that again! AMEN! ;)

The only reason it's been a "GREAT RECESSION" is that Barry didn't have a clue how to fix an economy and create jobs! We're seven plus years into his administration and the Fed is still scared to raise interest rates because the economy is so weak. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history.
I didn't see where any of Bush's timid economic actions had any effect

When Obama took office, the stock market was still in collapse, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month and GDP was negative...auto and banks were collapsing

Obama took solid action and reversed all that

What policy did Obama have that was different from W's policies?

Glad you asked

Obama passed a stimulus that infused $800 billion into the economy. He made it clear that the U.S. Government would not allow the banks and auto industry to fail. He passed solid financial reform and demanded auto companies close unprofitable brands and give the taxpayer stock in their company

That is what he did differently and the economic collapse reversed

Obama spent 800 billion on a "stimulus" to create jobs that created so few jobs that in desperation they invented a new economic statistic..."jobs created or saved"...to hide how bad it was! Take off your partisan blinders, Winger...you're looking increasingly ignorant in this string!

K0QGMct.jpg

And right you are
Sanctions kept Saddam in check for over a decade. He was weaker economically and militarily than after the first Gulf War.
Bush had better things to do in fighting the war on terror. Iraq was an unjustified diversion
Yet, Congress gave him permission to fight the war he asked for

Dude, the "sanctions" were falling apart! When you've got the son of the Secretary General of the UN making deals for you to sell your oil for weapons...then sanctions are failing. That was the case with Iraq. Nations like France were buying Iraqi oil on the black market in exchange for things like sophisticated missiles.
Iraq was falling apart

It's economy was in shambles, his military was weaker than it was in Desert Storm, allied air controlled his air space

Bush had better things to do than invade Iraq.....like actually hunt down terrorists

When Bush was in office we WERE fighting terrorists in Iraq...now that Barry is in office we're fighting terrorists in the US, in France, in Great Britain, in Syria, in Libya, in Africa and in Iraq...how's that "hunt" for terrorists going? Any word on when we'll see the apprehension of the terrorists who murdered four Americans in Benghazi?
Bush created the terrorists in Iraq. Saddam would not tolerate them, they were a threat to his authority
Once Bush removed Saddam, AlQaeda moved in

Note: We did get the guy responsible for the Benghazi attacks

RRRRrrrrrriiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttttttt. W created terrorism in the middle east. Before that, they just had garden parties. Here's a cookie, run along and play now.

One thing I'll give you credit for, big guy. You do show so clearly why Democrats are able to manipulate their servants, I mean voters, so easily. I mean wow, bright, not
The question was terrorists in Iraq

Again, I agree W believed it, that was pretty obvious. But this is largely true, he saw evidence in the light that he already believed it, you can't deny that part
So your defense of W is that he engaged in self delusion?

I dont care. Either way he deceived the American people even if he did it by deceiving himself first.

That's a spin of what I said. When people believe something and they are presented with contradictory information, they tend to let the part of the contradictory information that supports their view dominate their interpretation of the information.

I already said I didn't support the invasion and why, I don't see how you added value to that

Its just the spin people have to put onto things to 'defend their party'.

BOTH parties are fucking us. I say 'a pox on both their houses' if they cant respond to the outrage of Americans who are seeing their way of life dismantled before their eyes.

But I will let the National Review speak as the example of what I am talking about.

National Review: White Working Class Communities 'Morally Indefensible... They Deserve to Die' - Breitbart

“It is immoral because it perpetuates a lie: that the white working class that finds itself attracted to Trump has been victimized by outside forces,” the NR roving correspondent writes. “[N]obody did this to them. They failed themselves.”

He then goes on to make the conclusion that it’s great these communities are dying out because they have a warped morality and are a dead weight on the economy.

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible,” the conservative writer says. “The white American under-class is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn’t analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul. If you want to live, get out of Garbutt.

His "containment" of Saddam Hussein would have worked about as well as his "containment" of Putin and his "containment" of ISIS. He's an idiot when it comes to foreign policy. The only one in Washington that might be more idiotic is our Secretary of State, John Kerry!

You don't think getting bitch slapped by Putin and then fighting with ISIS to bring down Syria is an effective strategy?

I honestly don't think Barry HAS a strategy! He's been running out the clock hoping nothing bad happens until someone else is sitting in the Oval Office and THEY have to deal with it!

you gave us the GREAT RECESSION the last time you had the senate, the house of representatives and the white house in republican hands,,,

so let's count our blessing you haven't been given that again! AMEN! ;)

The only reason it's been a "GREAT RECESSION" is that Barry didn't have a clue how to fix an economy and create jobs! We're seven plus years into his administration and the Fed is still scared to raise interest rates because the economy is so weak. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history.

When Obama took office, the stock market was still in collapse, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month and GDP was negative...auto and banks were collapsing

Glad you asked

Obama passed a stimulus that infused $800 billion into the economy. He made it clear that the U.S. Government would not allow the banks and auto industry to fail. He passed solid financial reform and demanded auto companies close unprofitable brands and give the taxpayer stock in their company

Obama spent 800 billion on a "stimulus" to create jobs that created so few jobs that in desperation they invented a new economic statistic..."jobs created or saved"...to hide how bad it was! Take off your partisan blinders, Winger...you're looking increasingly ignorant in this string!

The stimulus was meant to infuse capital into the economy. Not all of it was through jobs. Half was directly through tax cuts.
Jobs saved were through reimbursements to communities to prevent layoffs of teachers, police and firemen. Without federal money, those people would be laid off.

Glad you asked

The stimulus was meant to infuse capital into the economy. Not all of it was through jobs. Half was directly through tax cuts.
Jobs saved were through reimbursements to communities to prevent layoffs of teachers, police and firemen. Without federal money, those people would be laid off.

The 800 billion was supposed to CREATE jobs, Winger...don't you remember all those "shovel ready" jobs that Pelosi and Obama promised us would happen if they got their stimulus? Do you remember Barry having to admit a year later that there pretty much were no shovel ready jobs ready?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Dude, the "sanctions" were falling apart! When you've got the son of the Secretary General of the UN making deals for you to sell your oil for weapons...then sanctions are failing. That was the case with Iraq. Nations like France were buying Iraqi oil on the black market in exchange for things like sophisticated missiles.
Iraq was falling apart

It's economy was in shambles, his military was weaker than it was in Desert Storm, allied air controlled his air space

Bush had better things to do than invade Iraq.....like actually hunt down terrorists

When Bush was in office we WERE fighting terrorists in Iraq...now that Barry is in office we're fighting terrorists in the US, in France, in Great Britain, in Syria, in Libya, in Africa and in Iraq...how's that "hunt" for terrorists going? Any word on when we'll see the apprehension of the terrorists who murdered four Americans in Benghazi?
Bush created the terrorists in Iraq. Saddam would not tolerate them, they were a threat to his authority
Once Bush removed Saddam, AlQaeda moved in

Note: We did get the guy responsible for the Benghazi attacks

RRRRrrrrrriiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttttttt. W created terrorism in the middle east. Before that, they just had garden parties. Here's a cookie, run along and play now.

One thing I'll give you credit for, big guy. You do show so clearly why Democrats are able to manipulate their servants, I mean voters, so easily. I mean wow, bright, not
The question was terrorists in Iraq

I see, so while there is terrorism all over the middle east and Hussein funded and supplied terrorists and murdered his own people, it's Iraq you think they were having garden parties until W when W invented terrorism. In Iraq.

OK, thanks comrade big guy, now it makes sense ...

:wtf:

So basically what happened was you liberals used the stimulus to protect YOUR people in the Public Sector...while you hung the Private Sector out to dry? And then when the stimulus monies ran out States and local communities ended up having to lay off Firemen, Policemen and teachers anyways because there wasn't enough revenue from the Private Sector to keep them employed? Brilliant fiscal policy, Winger! Then you wonder why this recession lasted as long as it did?

I honestly don't think Barry HAS a strategy! He's been running out the clock hoping nothing bad happens until someone else is sitting in the Oval Office and THEY have to deal with it!

I don't think he has enough ownership of his job to even worry about it

Who puts John Kerry in as Secretary of State? Seriously...who would be stupid enough to think that an empty suit like Kerry could possibly fix anything...anywhere!

Aside from his being a traitor you mean.

John Kerry is just a doofus...it's scary that he was the nominee of a national party for President of the United States. I mean, President Kerry? How freakin' scary is that thought?

Bush lied

And yet, Obama finished W's strategy and timeline in Iraq. What a dumb ass
Bush broke it and left it to the next guy to fix

If he listened to Omama in 2002 we would not have the problems we have today

And yet, Obama finished W's strategy and timeline in Iraq. What a dumb ass
Bush broke it and left it to the next guy to fix

If he listened to Omama in 2002 we would not have the problems we have today

We have the problems we have today...because we've had a President for the past SEVEN YEARS who doesn't have a clue how to fix ANYTHING!

Who puts John Kerry in as Secretary of State? Seriously...who would be stupid enough to think that an empty suit like Kerry could possibly fix anything...anywhere!

Aside from his being a traitor you mean.

John Kerry is just a doofus...it's scary that he was the nominee of a national party for President of the United States. I mean, President Kerry? How freakin' scary is that thought?
Kerry is one of the best Secretary of States in a generation

Negotiated nuclear disarmament with Iran, first diplomatic recognition of Cuba in 50 years, release of our sailors who strayed into Iran, environmental concessions with China

Forum List

Back