That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

I'd bet a million dollars that if this were a Muslim wanting to burn a Bible, all the people in here arguing against this man would be taking my position that we can't violate rights and that a muslim would have every right to burn a bible. If this guy weren't a self professed 'christian', there would barely be a wimper from those outraged over it.

and you would be wrong....i have posted in other threads....i do not believe in book burning...simple as that...be it the bible or any other book

somehow you seem to think being christian makes it all good...well it dont.

I'd bet a million dollars that if this were a Muslim wanting to burn a Bible, all the people in here arguing against this man would be taking my position that we can't violate rights and that a muslim would have every right to burn a bible. If this guy weren't a self professed 'christian', there would barely be a wimper from those outraged over it.

Then you'd be paying me a lot of money. I would feel the same if Muslims were burning the Bible. Christians are not persecuted minorities in this country.

Then we would still be on opposide sides of the issue, because I would still defend their right to free speech.

If I were a Christian I would disown this group of extremists in Florida instead of defending their free speech rights.

Just because we have free speech doesn't mean we should use it to incite ill will.

You don't get to decide when someone chooses to express their speech, and I will defend that regardless of the topic at hand.

You defend Christians even when they're wrong. These folks in Florida are extremists and you defend them.

Very telling of your values. Book burning of sacred texts is a form of hate speech IMO.

How do you feel about Christians burning a cross on the front lawn of a Buddhist center? Support that free speech too?

Last edited:

Then you'd be paying me a lot of money. I would feel the same if Muslims were burning the Bible. Christians are not persecuted minorities in this country.

Yeah, I know, everyone but white christians are persecuted minorities in this country. :rolleyes:

If I were a Christian I would disown this group of extremists in Florida instead of defending their free speech rights.

Just because we have free speech doesn't mean we should use it to incite ill will.

You don't get to decide when someone chooses to express their speech, and I will defend that regardless of the topic at hand.

You defend Christians even when they're wrong. These folks in Florida are extremists and you defend them.

Very telling of your values. Book burning of sacred texts is a form of hate speech IMO.

I'm defending their right to free speech, period. Quit putting words into my mouth Sky. And now you have to insult my values as well because you don't agree with me? How mature is that?

He's hiding behind that Christian banner. He's a hate monger, he's no Christian.

and you would be wrong....i have posted in other threads....i do not believe in book burning...simple as that...be it the bible or any other book

which brings us exactly to the reason for the position she's taking because it's a purported 'christian'...and is why she ignored my comment that i guess she thinks its okay for a muslim to show up at this 'protest' with all his friends and start buring bibles.

then she wouldn't be so all about free speech.

Yeah, I know, everyone but white christians are persecuted minorities in this country. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the majority white Christians have all the rights in the world. They aren't persecuted. Get over it.

do you think they should have consequences ? or not?

do you think people can just run their mouths and do what they want without consequences?

So, since you don't 'believe' in book burning (or insert any other belief here) then no one else is allowed to do it?

I'm not so sure he has a right to incite violence in this way especially when it's aimed at another country and we happen to be at war in the vicinity.

This man is a nutcase, he has a very tiny group supporting his extremist pov and he is all over the news right now, why allow him to take his hatred just another step further?

We have a KKK march in my hometown from time to time and it takes extra police, people to control their urge to slug these baiters and for everyone else to swallow it and call it peaceful protest and KKK rights just because they aren't hanging someone from the highest tree.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Would you all allow the bible to be burned in protest without a fight?

There is a line. But burning books, any books, no matter how distasteful doesn't come anywhere near the standard required to remove speech from First Amendment protection. Neither does a peaceful rally even if there are calls for violence without more. I've posted it so many times I should have it bookmarked :lol: but your line falls where the violent behavior is both likely AND imminent. See Brandenburg v. Ohio.

Neither the Florida freaks nor your average KKK rally meet that definition. Nor do groups like WBC or talking heads on tv. BUT they can be punished if they break other laws in the process of speaking. Which is why you get trespassing or drunk and disorderly or vandalism arrests at rallies. It's not the speech being punished, it's the behavior that's against other laws. Speech doesn't make one immune from the consequences of other illegal behavior.

exactly

Yeah, the majority white Christians have all the rights in the world. They aren't persecuted. Get over it.

Minorites aren't persecuted either. Get over it. Quit playing the victim.

I'm defending their right to free speech, period. Quit putting words into my mouth Sky. And now you have to insult my values as well because you don't agree with me? How mature is that?

They're Muslims, so in that case, if a Christian wants to burn their holy book you're Aok with it.

You'd be whining your head off if a Muslim mosque decided to burn bibles enmasse.

You admit you have an anti-muslim bias on many other times.

So, since you don't 'believe' in book burning (or insert any other belief here) then no one else is allowed to do it?

you accuse skydancer of puting words in your posts...but then you do it to mine....i have never said he should not be allowed to burn the books, now have i?

which brings us exactly to the reason for the position she's taking because it's a purported 'christian'...and is why she ignored my comment that i guess she thinks its okay for a muslim to show up at this 'protest' with all his friends and start buring bibles.

Yeah, you know me so well Jillian. :lol:

If people want to burn Bibles, more power to them. I would defend their right to do it.

She's gone further than that, but you're welcome to your opinion as well.

Where did she go further than that?

yes, he is making a political statement. if i recall correctly, i believe that should result in him losing his sweet little tax exemption on the property the church sits on.

that, combined with the mortgage being pulled...

and the fire insurance being canceled...

and the fire marshalls going to arrest them the minute they set fire to something that isn't twigs and branches....

and still the loon is going to do this.

you'd think if he was really listening for a sign from G-d... he'd be looking at the above.

*shrug*
Sounds like she wants more than to just voice her opposition.

She is still just voicing her opposition.

She has no authority to anact those things that she has suggested.

you accuse skydancer of puting words in your posts...but then you do it to mine....i have never said he should not be allowed to burn the books, now have i?

Great, so you have an opinion on book burning, good for you. :clap2: That means nothing as to what anyone else can believe, that's called freedom.

Yeah, you know me so well Jillian. :lol:

If people want to burn Bibles, more power to them. I would defend their right to do it.

I wouldn't do it even with your tacit support of this form of hate speech.

you know i never realized what an idiot you can be...

isnt this thread about opinions...sorry to interject one that disgrees with yours..

Forum List

Back