That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

. Y. You
My 'anti-muslim bias' is no different than your anti-christian bias.

Damn right I'm biased against this Church in Florida. Not my kind of Christian. You keep defending them, they hate Muslims and so do you.

There isn't any christian that is 'your' kind of christian.

You keep spreading the lie that I'm defending them when I've clearly stated what I'm defending. I hope it makes you feel better.

Yeah, Sky, I hate muslims. So much for friendship, eh?

You have not criticised this church for its hate. I still consider you a friend. It looks like its one sided.

you know i never realized what an idiot you can be...

isnt this thread about opinions...sorry to interject one that disgrees with yours..

:lol: Seems to me that I'm the one being ganged up on in here for my opinion. The irony in your comment is hilarious. :lol:

You are a Christian. Do you morally approve of these buffoons in Florida?

Do I morally approve? On what grounds? That they're burning what is a sacred text to some? That they're making a negative statement about Islam? Or that their actions could potentially cause harm to someone else?

As a christian, I would not burn a Koran, I simply do not care one way or the other about the book itself, and it would prove nothing, nor change anything. My question to you, which has been brought up by others earlier in the thread, is do you allow the threat of violence or harm to stiffle free speech, which is clearly the implication here? Which is more wrong to you?

Who are you talking about? You're changing the subject. We're talking about behavior that is un-Christ like, and YOU the Christian defend.

What am I defending? Since you seem to know so much better than I do?

If I were a Christian I would be distancing myself from these extremists instead of defending their free speech.

I thought you were a different kind of Christian, my mistake.

I don't need to 'distance' myself from them since I was never 'close' to them to begin with. Where does this crap come from anyway?

I would defend ANYONE'S right to free speech, and so should you as an American.

We (including Rev. Terry "Jonestown" Jones) have a right to be assholes in this country. USMB should be a prime example. He is free to light the fuse, but I hope the nearby residents move away from the powder keg. May whatever God he believes in have mercy on his sole.

. Y. You

Damn right I'm biased against this Church in Florida. Not my kind of Christian. You keep defending them, they hate Muslims and so do you.

You keep spreading the lie that I'm defending them when I've clearly stated what I'm defending. I hope it makes you feel better.

You have not criticised this church for its hate. I still consider you a friend. It looks like its one sided.

No, I'm too busy being an American and being more concerned about my rights, so sorry.

:lol: Seems to me that I'm the one being ganged up on in here for my opinion. The irony in your comment is hilarious. :lol:

Do I morally approve? On what grounds? That they're burning what is a sacred text to some? That they're making a negative statement about Islam? Or that their actions could potentially cause harm to someone else?

As a christian, I would not burn a Koran, I simply do not care one way or the other about the book itself, and it would prove nothing, nor change anything. My question to you, which has been brought up by others earlier in the thread, is do you allow the threat of violence or harm to stiffle free speech, which is clearly the implication here? Which is more wrong to you?

You don't give a shit if someone else's holy book is burned. It's all free speech to you.

Remember the Nazi's on Kristalnacht breaking into Jewish shops. That was free speech too.

It was wrong. You do follow a code of ethics about right and wrong don't you? Is destroying a holy book right or wrong?

Free speech doesn't not allow fighting words. Burning someone sacred text is fighting words IMO.

I can't believe you defend these horrible people in Florida just because they're Christians. I'm Buddhist and I deplore the fighting by Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka. They are not following the Buddha's teachings.

Last edited:

You don't give a shit if someone else's holy book is burned. It's all free speech to you.

Remember the Nazi's on Kristalnacht breaking into Jewish shops. That was free speech too.

It was wrong. You do follow a code of ethics about right and wrong don't you? Is destroying a holy book right or wrong?

Free speech doesn't not allow fighting words. Burning someone sacred text is fighting words IMO.

I can't believe you defend these horrible people in Florida just because they're Christians. I'm Buddhist and I deplore the fighting by Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka. They are not following the Buddha's teachings.

Breaking into private property was 'free speech'? Really?

I'm not defending them because they're 'christians' Sky, I'm not defending what they're doing at all, sadly you just don't get where I'm coming from. It's actually kind of scary that some people don't get it.

No, I'm too busy being an American and being more concerned about my rights, so sorry.

Defending the right to do harm. I don't consider that very American. Why can't you state that this Church is exttremist? Does your church burn the Qu'ran? Why or why not?

You are defending his right to burn the Koran, yet you take offense when people interpret your defense as supporting him.

However, on the other side, many of us oppose him burning the Koran, yet you interpret this opposition as advocating having his rights and freedoms revoked.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

I'm not defending them because they're 'christians' Sky, I'm not defending what they're doing at all, sadly you just don't get where I'm coming from. It's actually kind of scary that some people don't get it.

You haven't once condemned them.

Defending the right to do harm. I don't consider that very American. Why can't you state that this Church is exttremist? Does your church burn the Qu'ran? Why or why not?

Where's the harm? What are you saying is harmful?

You are defending his right to burn the Koran, yet you take offense when people interpret your defense as supporting him.

However, on the other side, many of us oppose him burning the Koran, yet you interpret this opposition as advocating having his rights and freedoms revoked.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

You can oppose his burning of it all you want, do you agree that it is his right to do so tho?

You haven't once condemned them.

While you're condemning them, are you in agreement that it's their right?

Forum List

Back