Debate Now A Hard Look at the MAGA Movement

Maybe it is at this time but not historically. Asylum has saved the lives of countless numbers of people who should be save such as the mothers and children in Africa facing genocide, Afghans who worked with Americans and risking their lives fighting the Taliban, Cuban fighters that fought beside Americans opposing Castro, intelligence operatives and their families who faced certain death because they helped the United States, women and children being forced into the drug or sex trade by the gangs that are part of the cartels.
They are coming for money and going home.

They are not being persecuted by their country.

Its an ABUSED LOOP HOLE.

Hey, dummy, most of what government spends is on Social Security, Medicare and the military. There just isn't that much to cut.

The reason why so much of it falls on the working class is we don't make corporations or the rich pay their fair share.

I just laid out above why the supposed welfare bum is kind of a myth.

You are almost at a point here. When I went to college, I worked two minimum-wage jobs and was in the National Guard.

Kids don't do that anymore. Why? They've realized that it's kind of pointless. A minimum wage job won't even put a dent into a college tuition today. It's better to just take out a loan, get some scholarships, and hope you land a lucrative enough job after college to pay off your debts.
My grandson graduated last year and I managed the various finances in getting him through school. You can find very good 4 year schools in the US with a cost of attendance between 25,000 and 40,000 a year. That includes tuition, room and board. You can reduce that somewhat or a lot depending on your financial situation through federal aid and grants and possibly scholarships.

Working your way through college today is not a good idea. If you aim to get a good paying job with your degree, then you need to look at some of the more difficulted curriculums in science, engineering, or maybe healthcare. Getting just a bachelor's degree in business, economics, sociology, history, political science, communications, etc may allow time for a part time job but these curriculums are not going to get you the good paying job in your field. In fact, you may well not be able to even get a job in your field of study.

The best way to save on college cost is to complete your first two years at a local community college. It will save you a ton of money. First being tuition is low relative to 4 years schools plus you can live at home. Secondly these schools are aimed at working people so there are a lot of classes in the evening and sometimes on weekends. Graduating from a community college with a degree that prepares you for a 4 year school, in many states guarantees you admission to state schools. There is a gotcha here. Being guaranteed entrance to a university does not guarantee you will get into the curriculum you are interested in. For example, the school of engineering might require a higher grade point average than you have or maybe some additional courses. By proper planning in the community college you can avoid these problems.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic

Last edited:
Yes, the asylum process was much different back when you didn't have hundreds of thousands knocking on the door, a president who doesn't care, a vice president who is totally clueless, and a party that is only interested in more voters for it's policies.
You realize you could be talking about Trump or Biden.

They are coming for money and going home.

They are not being persecuted by their country.

Its an ABUSED LOOP HOLE.
You don't go through asylum processing and go home. At best of times it will take at least a year to be granted asylum. Now it will probably take several years or more and there is no financial aid except for children. If after going through several months of detention and passing your second screening, you are release into the country and fail to report when required, your temporary work permit will be revoked, your application for asylum will cancelled, and you are subject to deportation with no option to legally return to the US. It's not worth it. If you just want to live and work for a while as an illegal and return home, taking your chances sneaking into the country makes more sense.

Forum List

Back