That Gun Totting Evil White Man that shot that poor black teen.

Has anyone considered the following possibility...

Since Zimmerman is obviously "out and about" carrying a gun in his neighborhood on a regular basis. And SINCE Zimmerman has shown a willingness to actually use his gun (fire it as opposed to just brandishing it), then it would be reasonable for people in his neighborhood to fear for their lives if and when they encounter him on the street.

Does everyone see where I'm going with this?

With the "Stand Your Ground" statute still on the books, ANYONE (especially a young minority male) who encounters Zimmerman on the street could state that he reasonably feared for his life and then legally shoot Zimmerman, assuming everything I've read about the application of the law applies regardless of who the shooter and the shooting victims are.

Since Zimmerman is obviously "out and about" carrying a gun in his neighborhood on a regular basis. And SINCE Zimmerman has shown a willingness to actually use his gun (fire it as opposed to just brandishing it), then it would be reasonable for people in his neighborhood to fear for their lives if and when they encounter him on the street.

With the "Stand Your Ground" statute still on the books, ANYONE (especially a young minority male) who encounters Zimmerman on the street could state that he reasonably feared for his life and then legally shoot Zimmerman, assuming everything I've read about the application of the law applies regardless of who the shooter and the shooting victims are.
Won't wash. An encounter is not an attack. According to the statute, there has to be an attack involved.

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.​

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Won't wash. An encounter is not an attack. According to the statute, there has to be an attack involved.
A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.​

I don't think it matters. Zimmerman has already killed someone. He's known to carry a gun. A person could say that they saw Zimmerman reach into his coat or his back pocked and feared (reasonably, of course) for his life. And because of those facts, pulled his own gun (which I believe he would have to have a legal carry permit to have) and shot in what he believed was self-defense. This person's case could prove to be stronger than Zimmerman's own case since Z is known to carry a gun.

Last edited:

I don't think it matters. Zimmerman has already killed someone. He's known to carry a gun. A person could say that they saw Zimmerman reach into his coat or his back pocked and feared (reasonably, of course) for his life. And because of those facts, pulled his own gun (which I believe he would have to have a legal carry permit) and shot in what he believed was self-defense. This person's case could prove to be stronger than Zimmerman's own case since Z is known to carry a gun.
If the person knows enough to say that, you may be right.

That's yet another reason this law is so very bad.

And, I'm glad to hear that the Florida legislature is revisiting this law.

Murder pure and simple.

Zimmerman should go to prison for life.

The latest story I heard (supposedly from an on-scene investigator) is that Zimmerman's back was wet and he had grass stains on him and blood on his head (as if he had been knocked down on the grass). But this info is apparently not in any police report made at the time.
Actually, we don't know that it's not in a police report at the time. We do know that the family of Martin claims that it wasn't, though.

Murder pure and simple.

Zimmerman should go to prison for life.

The latest story I heard (supposedly from an on-scene investigator) is that Zimmerman's back was wet and he had grass stains on him and blood on his head (as if he had been knocked down on the grass). But this info is apparently not in any police report made at the time.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf

It is.

I want to know if LE determined whose blood was on Zimmerman. Did he sustain a blow to the head or, for example, did his apparent head wound come from striking the concrete walkway in the courtyard?

So if your kids are visitors and asked by an adult what they are doing there....

answer = head bashed with soda can and jump on top of adult ?

EVIDENCE!!! SHOW SOME FUCKING EVIDENCE THAT THAT EVER HAPPENED!!! OTHERWISE, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

It's absolutely sickening that you are willing to completely make shit up to defend the killing of an innocent kid.

So if your kids are visitors and asked by an adult what they are doing there....

EVIDENCE!!! SHOW SOME FUCKING EVIDENCE THAT THAT EVER HAPPENED!!! OTHERWISE, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

It's absolutely sickening that you are willing to completely make shit up to defend the killing of an innocent kid.

The evidence may NOT have been collected; thus, the problems.

Is actually hispanic.

fwiw

The police on scene, including an officer named Ricardo Ayala (I'm guessing he IS Hispanic), listed Zimmerman as a "white male" in their report. That is why the media reported him as white.

Thanks. Good find.

So, the parents' claim that Zimmerman had grass stains on his back and blood on his face were added LATER is wrong.

It's right there in the report by Ofc. Smith in your link. It wasn't added later.

Also, the responding officers turned the scene over to CSI.

Last edited:
Is actually hispanic.

fwiw

The police on scene, including an officer named Ricardo Ayala (I'm guessing he IS Hispanic), listed Zimmerman as a "white male" in their report. That is why the media reported him as white.

Thanks. Good find.

So, the parents' claim that Zimmerman had grass stains on his back and blood on his face were added LATER is wrong.

It's right there in the report by Ofc. Smith in your link. It wasn't added later.

And the FINAL report concluded what? The partial report indicates nothing much about Zimmerman.

fwiw

Thanks. Good find.

And the FINAL report concluded what? The partial report indicates nothing much about Zimmerman.
:confused:

It indicates that he was handcuffed, taken to the cop station in a cruiser, told cops that he had yelled for help and no one came, that he had a gun in his waist band, that he followed the cops' verbal demands, that he had grass stains on his back, that he had wounds on his face, .....

It says the cops tried to resuscitate the kid, that the paramedics came and tried :the same, that the kid was pronounced on the scene at 7:30 PM, that they cordoned off the area, that they collected the gun from Zimmerman and put it into evidence, that they turned the case over to CSI, ....

You can link on that, you know. And, I bet you can read, too. You don't need me to read for you. What I wrote is from memory, too. So, read it; I imagine you may glean some info from it, too.

Its not though, oopa loopa is racist jack ass who is on the side of the shooter right or wrong.

Forum List

Back