The 1980's Have Called, with a warning.

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

Last edited:
Reagan armed Islamic terrorists in the 1980s? Was the warning titled "bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States"? Bush Jr. ignored it, or Reagan's cabinet members hid it from him. Either way, fuck Republicans.

How do you want to handle Russia now if Reagan isn't here to sell weapons to al-Qaeda?

russians aren't full blown commies anymore, they learned how to make bank off the free market.

but I still don't think this puts russia on the top of the dangerous list. They don't have any real allies and I'm fairly certain china would take advantage if they could.

besides, it would be soldiers in uniforms and not civilian cloths. We'd get to cry havoc and let slip the hounds of war, in a brutal, one sided beat down.

Hey, KNB, try to stay on topic. Obama was arming Syrian Rebels, giving tanks and jets to the Muslim Brotherhood, and you want to play that card? Nope.

Take away their blue jeans and rock n roll and they'll be outta there in a flash.

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

You're the right age to enlist aren't you?

Methinks you overstate he threat of Russia

Terrorism is a larger threat to the west than a Soviet controlled Ukraine

As much as you people are blathering on and on about Russia now, I haven't seen one of you describe the policy we're supposed to pursue.

You're the right age to enlist aren't you?

Yes, and would do so in a heartbeat. Your point?

Why not? What do you think that we should do?

Does TK know what a Cold War is?

A Cold War is when two opposing countries, or a group of countries build up their arsenals and troop capability threatening war but never reaching that point. A military game of chicken if you will.

Yes I know what a Cold War is. Now you can address my thread intelligently.

Why not? What do you think that we should do?

You would much rather sit there while Russia re-annexes Ukraine. Its like a man with a stick of dynamite in one hand and a match in the other. He lights the match and someone like you says "why worry?"

Forum List

Back