The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

The sports talkers in NY are apeshit to get him back in the pen and Wang back in teh rotation.

I always thought making him a starter was a mistake, but Hank Steiny ordered it and cashman is too much a pussy to change it.

The sports talkers in NY are apeshit to get him back in the pen and Wang back in teh rotation.

I always thought making him a starter was a mistake, but Hank Steiny ordered it and cashman is too much a pussy to change it.

The sooner the Yankees come to the conclusion that he's their future closer the better (for them, I of course hope they continue to suck at handling pretty much every aspect of management).

Management is unlikely to change much.

Making this guy a starter was a mistake from the start, and now it looks like pride is preventing them from admitting it.

NY might have a 3 or 4 game lead on the socks had Joba been there in the 8th closing down teams instead of stinking it up as a starter.

Your main problem is letting your front office make those kinds of decisions.

Why have a manager? What the fuck DOES Girardi do, if not decide who's in the rotation and who's in the pen?

Does Hank write the line-up card too, and hand it to Giardi in the clubhouse before the game?

Obviously you have been in a baseball cave the last 4 decades.

That has ALWAYS the way NY has been run since the steinys bought the team.

NY takes 2 of 3 from texas with an 9-2 win.

Wang looked great out of the pen and appears to have his sinker back.

NY and Beantown now tied for first with identical records.

Neck and neck ... just how I like it ... for now.

I can't wait until Ortiz gets "injured" so Theo can make a BIG move before the deadline with the massive stack of chips he has in front of hime to play with. This team is geared to win now, he better not blow this opportunity.

Neck and neck ... just how I like it ... for now.

I can't wait until Ortiz gets "injured" so Theo can make a BIG move before the deadline with the massive stack of chips he has in front of hime to play with. This team is geared to win now, he better not blow this opportunity.

Firstly, way to go Wings! :clap2:

Tigers take 2 of 3 at KC and are now in Baltimore for 4 games before coming home to face the Red Sox Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I've got tix for the Thursday game.

AL Top 5 Win %

Texas .587
Detroit .578
Red Sox .574
NYY .574
Toronto .540

Looking likely Wild Card will come from East. But there's a long way to go....

What's with the Blue Jays??? Daaamn!

The majority of the post was sarcasm. The Girardi reference was just for the sake of current events.

Seriously though, why have a manager? Why not just let the FO call the playsfrom the booth like a friggin football game?

I'd say it's a waste of money, but it's the Yankees. That would be like saying water is wet.

The majority of the post was sarcasm. The Girardi reference was just for the sake of current events.

Seriously though, why have a manager? Why not just let the FO call the playsfrom the booth like a friggin football game?

I'd say it's a waste of money, but it's the Yankees. That would be like saying water is wet.
6 WS wins and 10 WS appreances in that time.

Anybody else close?

NY takes sole possesion of 1st for the first time since the final day of the 2006 season by beating cleveland 3-1.

Great bullpen work, 4 innings of 2 hit shutout ball.

NY continues to roll as it again defeats the Indians on their home turf.

The win, combined with another beantown loss increases teh Yank's leasd to 1 1/2 games.

Yep. If we can get 100 good innings from him I'll be satisfied.

I think Papi needs to get "injured" to make room so we can make a move for a big bat to solidify the lineup.

Anybody else close?

I get that, and that's all well and good, so why bother complaining when the FO decides the rotation and bullpen?

You win some, you lose some, right?

Since Joba's not working out well, we'll sell you Chan Ho Park on the cheap :D

Last edited:

Anybody else close?

I get that, and that's all well and good, so why bother complaining when the FO decides the rotation and bullpen?

You win some, you lose some, right?

Since Joba's not working out well, we'll sell you Chan Ho Park on the cheap :D

Y'all need to take Brad Penny off the Sox fans first.

Forum List

Back