The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Yo, Bob, the big series starts tonight!

Yep. Should be a good one. Based on starting pitching so far, I think.....

We have the advantage tonight (Dice has looked shaky so far, Porcello very impressive).

You have the advantage Wednesday (Gala has struggled recently, while Beckett has impressed).

The rubber game Thursday (for which I have tix :woohoo:) depends on which pitcher shows up ('Late Movement Willis' or 'Hanging Over the Plate Willis' vs. 'Good Control Wakefield' or 'Walks and Hit Batters Wakefield').

Either way, it's just one series on a long road, but will be a gauge of how good we are or are not. Our season will not be decided until September. I've just noticed that we end the regular season playing 19 straight divisional games!

Joba ate a bug and pitched 8 last night, as NY took 3 of 4 against the tribe at the Jake (fuck the corporate name).

Time for Texas at home tonight as AJ goes for the pinstripes.

Joba ate a bug and pitched 8 last night, as NY took 3 of 4 against the tribe at the Jake (fuck the corporate name).

Time for Texas at home tonight as AJ goes for the pinstripes.

I still call it the Jake too. And I still refer to Tiger Stadium more often than CoPa.

I loathe the corporate names, the Mets are a laughing stock, they play at 'citifield' named for federally bailedout Citibank.

At least the Yankees play at Yankee Stadium, and the Football giants play at Giants stadium, as it should be.

Yo, Bob, the big series starts tonight!

Yep. Should be a good one. Based on starting pitching so far, I think.....

We have the advantage tonight (Dice has looked shaky so far, Porcello very impressive).

You have the advantage Wednesday (Gala has struggled recently, while Beckett has impressed).

The rubber game Thursday (for which I have tix :woohoo:) depends on which pitcher shows up ('Late Movement Willis' or 'Hanging Over the Plate Willis' vs. 'Good Control Wakefield' or 'Walks and Hit Batters Wakefield').

Either way, it's just one series on a long road, but will be a gauge of how good we are or are not. Our season will not be decided until September. I've just noticed that we end the regular season playing 19 straight divisional games!

I'm wicked psyched to see Porcello pitch! We're missing out on Verlander ... whew.

i didn't realize ordonez has gone off the same cliff as ortiz.

wtf is with papelbon? 27 pitches and nobody's out?

i didn't know he was japanese.

Loads the bases with nobody out then doesn't allow a run?

Sounds pretty friggin' Japanese to me.

Thankfully he's in Detroit and we don't have to worry about him driving around town tonight.

wtf is with papelbon? 27 pitches and nobody's out?

i didn't know he was japanese.

Loads the bases with nobody out then doesn't allow a run?

Sounds pretty friggin' Japanese to me.

Thankfully he's in Detroit and we don't have to worry about him driving around town tonight.

no kidding. i thought joe castig was gonna have a stroke.:lol:

i didn't realize ordonez has gone off the same cliff as ortiz.

Actually, Maggs just came to the end of a 16 game hitting streak at the weekend, but something's definitely not right with him at present.

I was at my son's little league game last night and then watching the Wings/Pengs game, but I saw Papelbon's 9th. Doubt he'll be available to pitch tonight. What was it, 35 pitches?

First game to you guys.

J(une) D. Drew gets us off to a quick start with his 200th career home run.

(I still fuggin' hate that guy)

Will someone PLEASE tell Dave O'Brien and Joe Castiglione to shut the fuck up?!

I want to kick the ever loving shit out of them right now!

Those MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

BAH!

WHAT THE FUCK!?

YOU DUMB FUCKS!

WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T THEY JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP?!

Forum List

Back