The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Nate Robertson's return is off the rails again. He gives up 5 runs in 3.1 IP in Chicago. Going into today, the Twins were only 2 games behind the Tigers. Feels like 2006, though this time around neither team has the safety net of a Wild Card.

Tigs down 5-0 in the bottom of the 4th. Royals lead the Twins 2-0 in the 3rd.

Nate Robertson's return is off the rails again. He gives up 5 runs in 3.1 IP in Chicago. Going into today, the Twins were only 2 games behind the Tigers. Feels like 2006, though this time around neither team has the safety net of a Wild Card.

Tigs down 5-0 in the bottom of the 4th. Royals lead the Twins 2-0 in the 3rd.

Tigs come back to win 12-5. What a turnaround! :clap2:

Detroit%20Tigers%20Vinyl%20Baseball.jpg

lmao...its funny to go to the first few pages of this thread and see all the moronic shit that was posted

With the NY win they are now 8-1 vs Boston since the allstar break, a tremendous turnaround after starting the season 0-8 vs Beantown.

Oddly enough Texas has a better shot at over taking the angels then they do the red Sox, it would be amazing if the Angels missed the playoffs altogether, and that is a possibilty.

AL Central and NL wildcard are the only other races still going, I still believe the Tigers will win it over the twins.

NY sweeps Boston to clicnh it's first division crown since 2006.

After starting 0-8 vs Boston, NY goes 9-1 to split the season series with them, an astounding tunaround.

NY sweeps Boston to clicnh it's first division crown since 2006.

After starting 0-8 vs Boston, NY goes 9-1 to split the season series with them, an astounding tunaround.

MLB has to chomping at the bit at the possibility of a NY/Boston LCS>

i was on a red sox forum earlier and read the funniest thing ever.

"Still you have to admit, Morgan's fanatical support for the Yankees is not really very professional. I mean, it is just weird. If he were doing it for the Sox I would feel the same way. "

Was an actual post.

lmao at that statement. Morgan can't get one sentence out without refering to how the 98 yankees weren't as good as his Reds teams.

I think Yankee fans and Red Sox fans can agree on one thing

Morgan is the absolute fucking worst

The MLB is secretly fixing the playoffs to achieve LA vs NY.

Oh, no, that was just a fantasy neo-contoid conspiracy.

Joe Morgan is completly anti-Yankee, to even hint he was 'supporting' them is ludicrous.

According to Joe, the 27 Yankees would lose to the Reds, he thinks the Reds of the 70s was the greatest ever, because he was there.

The fact is, that team had average pitching and just got lucky between the end of the As dynasty and the rise of a NY one, the 'big red machine' was one of the most over-rated bunches in baseball history.

You wern't completly wrong, Grienke has been great.

I have to go back and see what i said.

Joe Morgan is completly anti-Yankee, to even hint he was 'supporting' them is ludicrous.

According to Joe, the 27 Yankees would lose to the Reds, he thinks the Reds of the 70s was the greatest ever, because he was there.

The fact is, that team had average pitching and just got lucky between the end of the As dynasty and the rise of a NY one, the 'big red machine' was one of the most over-rated bunches in baseball history.

Someone needs to tell Joe Morgan that if he's going to broadcast national games it would benefit him to at least be able to give off the illusion that he knows something about teams he's calling every Sunday night.

Ah, the anual 'hate the Yanks' posts time are upon us.

The odd team out will be the Rays, their pitching is suspect and they are banged up.

NY's Pitching is the best i can remember it ever being, all five starters could or have been #1s in their careers.

Boston's pitching looks good, the potential weakness is long relif and is big popy & lowell through.

Jays and Baltimore will do their usual battle for the basement.

AL Central is a toss-up, so i will take the Twins, just because I have two twins in fantasy this year.

The west would be oipen with the Angel's pitching problems, except the rest of the teams their suck.

Over in the NL East, I look for the phils to repeat.

The Mets already managed to secure their screwup, they signed Shef.

The Cubbies should win the central, with the Cards getting that wild card.

In the NL West, manny leads the dodgers to another penant and first round elim.

So, play ball!
Looks Like I was near spot on, only missed the NL central and maybe the AL central.

I picked the Yanks, angels, Twins and red sox, may get 4-4

and Phils, Cubs, Cards & dodgers and get 3 out of 4.

I also predicted the fall of the Rays & Mets.

Forum List

Back