The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Is Holliday a FA after this season?

Your park is big, so that might take a little away from the fact that you have such a good pitching staff in a hitter's eyes. That means less HR. But I doubt it's a deal breaker type of thing.

Why wouldn't you want to come play with a rotation that gives you a chance to win almost every game?

Matt Holliday and Jason Bay are the two marquee outfielders on the market this year.

There's not a team in the majors that needs one of those guys more than SF does, in terms of putting the final necessary puzzle piece in place, so let's see if they're willing to put up the cash or take the cheapskate route.

If they want to win they will.

Giants get a game back from rox. 4 back 10 to play.

I hope the Giants drown, Truthspeaker. I don't want my Dodgers to face your pitching. We will have a hard enough time with the Phils. Everybody is going to beat the Rockies.

I hope the Giants drown, Truthspeaker. I don't want my Dodgers to face your pitching. We will have a hard enough time with the Phils. Everybody is going to beat the Rockies.

Not so... You want us to drown BECAUSE we're the Giants. You guys just got through with raking our best all over the field. You will have a harder time with the phillies. We would LOVE to play the Phillies. We've always owned them. The Dodgers have lots of confidence against the Giants this year, even when our aces are on the mound.

You underestimate the Rockies. They have a winning mindset and are dangerous. Their pitching is much improved and are a more balanced team. They have a LOT of comeback wins too so I don't think any of the teams in the playoffs are looking past them. I .hope the dodgers sweep the rockies but knowing their eternal hatred of us, they'll probably tank the series just to keep us out of the playoffs

Last edited:
Clay Buchholz impressive again while fighting off a head cold, dominates the Royals.

We're neck and neck with St. Louis right now, it's not guaranteed that you're getting us.

If we finish better than St Louis, we play the wild card.

Yanks lookin good tonight!

Joba looked pretty good too..I'm glad to see his fast ball hitting 95

Yanks have a chance to sweep the series...this was the game i was worried about.

Lets seal the division boys

We're neck and neck with St. Louis right now, it's not guaranteed that you're getting us.

LA can beat St. Louis four out of five series and LA can beat the Rockies like a drum. Da Giants will be everybody's dracula if they get into the playoffs. Stick the stake in the heart of San Francisco!

LA can beat St. Louis four out of five series and LA can beat the Rockies like a drum. Da Giants will be everybody's dracula if they get into the playoffs. Stick the stake in the heart of San Francisco!

Giants ran out of gas pitching wise. They never had any gas in the offensive tank. Zambrano is going to beat lincecum tonight unless timmy throws a shutout.
And the Cards will sweep the Dodgers because they pitch and hit. The dodgers hit but only have decent pitching, not lights out like the cards. The Dog-germs are in trouble!

The Yankees will win the world series handly this year.

The Yankees will not qualify for the ALCS.

lol you are stupid...you base that off nothing but your hatred of the yankees because you are a bitter sox fan.

I still say we are going to be facing the twins cause I think they will win the division.

How about you clinch your playoff spot first b4 you talk about the Yanks not qualifying for anything,

The Yankees will win the world series handly this year.

The Yankees will not qualify for the ALCS.

lol you are stupid...you base that off nothing but your hatred of the yankees because you are a bitter sox fan.

I still say we are going to be facing the twins cause I think they will win the division.

How about you clinch your playoff spot first b4 you talk about the Yanks not qualifying for anything,

I will wager my left testicle on it.

Oh...and one more piece of advice:

a bitter sox fan

They no longer exist because of this:

The_Steal.jpg

1171300303_2203.jpg

PJ-AP947_SP_SPE_G_20090601200649.jpg

thesteal.JPG

1018_roberts_1024768.jpg

yes grats...you proved there was no such thing as a curse...you guys just sucked dick for 84 years...clinch a playoff spot b4 you start mouthing nonsense off

NY defeats Boston 9-5 to move the magic number to 3.

John Lester took a wicked line drive off the knee from Melky cabrerra.

Joba actually pictched like he had a clue, only making two minstakes, one to Martinez and one to big papi.

X rays negative on lester, he may be OK for playoffs.

And the Yankees beat Boston again...

Sabathia pitches a 1 hit gem.

Yankees magic number is now 1 game to clinch the AL East.

If Texas wins they will be 5 back in the wild card.

Hopefully we see a sweep tomorrow and it would be nice to clinch off the sox...

Where's Robert with his Jaws theme song if these "footsteps" we were hearing?

And the Yankees beat Boston again...

Sabathia pitches a 1 hit gem.

Yankees magic number is now 1 game to clinch the AL East.

If Texas wins they will be 5 back in the wild card.

Hopefully we see a sweep tomorrow and it would be nice to clinch off the sox...

Where's Robert with his Jaws theme song if these "footsteps" we were hearing?

:lol: So the Yankees will get the AL East likely now.

Still the playoffs that Boston and Yankees will both be in. Dice-K did excellent tonight, so I'm happy about that.

I expect the Red Sox to beat the Angels for the 5th straight time. Question is, can the Yankees get past the first round? Remember how C.C fared last year?

Forum List

Back