The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Tough loss for NY, 2 out and nobody on leading 2-1, a picnh hit double and an itchy walk off homerun off MO.

Sox win again, only 14 games left to go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4]YouTube - Jaws theme!![/ame]

6 games :eek:
Make you a bet, if the Red Sox win the division, i will never post again, if the yankees win, you never post again.

Deal?

Make you a bet, if the Red Sox win the division, i will never post again, if the yankees win, you never post again.

Deal?

What do you think I am? Drunk? :lol:

Down the stretch for the next week though, Boston definitely has the easier schedule.

O's, KC, and then three with you guys.

If the Sox sweep the Yankees, only down 3 with 11 to go. Realistically it's possible if the Soxs continue to stay hot and the Yankees go cold.

Though got to be careful of punk cheap shots like from Posada. ;)

It is prophisised that when the Seattle Mariners win the World Serious it will be the end of times.

IMO the Sox need to forget about the division and focus on getting their rotation straight and regular players as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

Phils magic number 8, with 16 to go. It would take an epic collapse to lose the division at this point.

We do need to keep up the winning though, to beat St. Louis in seeding. I'd much rather get Colorado than LA.

Aw, jeeeez.

They didn't have the greatest team on Earth in '87 either, but at least the whole team was active for the playoffs.

If Liriano weren't a basket case you're boys could be 5 games ahead.

Aw, jeeeez.

They didn't have the greatest team on Earth in '87 either, but at least the whole team was active for the playoffs.

If Liriano weren't a basket case you're boys could be 5 games ahead.
Yeah, and if Slowey weren't out it could be ten games....And if worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't fuck with them.

Unless the Twins get totally unconscious results from the farm hands with the numbers in the 50s and 60s on their jerseys, they can win the division and get skunked in the first round of the playoffs......Again.

In the top of the 8th, the Red Sox just basically secured the game.

Three run homer to make it 10-3.

Scratch that, back to back jacks to make it 11-3. All with 2 outs.

I am very happy your ump your local little league games.

You act as if I don't concede that blown calls aren't part of the game and you live on and play the next.

But to be so fucking stupid and not be able to admit that was a fucking strike is beyond belief.

Of course these Kzone aren't reliable...that is they aren't reliable when they go your way..if it showed it was a ball I am sure you would be liek "onmg K zone showed it was a ball" but since multiple trackers showed it was a strike we will just use the crutch as they are unreliable.

The pitch was a fucking strike and He didn't check his swing the pitch b4.

Green got lucky, you're one of the only people that won't concede that pitch was a ball...you're a walking debacle. Like I said b4, if Green struck out looking there with the stick on his shoulders Red Sox fans would have been screaming bloody murder at him.

But in the end

who cares game over
Sox win

it cannot be a blown call when its a judgement call in the umpire veiw that the thing. now if there was a rule that inturrpet it and the umpires ignore it than you may have blown calls. but this is a judgment call.

i think your problem is your upset that a 22 year old with dylesixa is proving how idoitc and stupid all the fans sound. they blaming the umpires and yet you fail to understand it.

It was not a swinging stirke do you even know what a swinging check swing stirke is? it so easy to say the umpire help red sox win. but in reality it was your team that fail.

the second the pitch is borderline you did not have a plate umpire that was a "pitcher umpire" he call were all over the place but consistency. so he mad it fair.

the fact green walk is all that matters there were 8 pitchs thrown in that a bat and green had problem with feeling his foot so he did with injury.

got get a life green protected the plate dude. you saw amica pitch well did you see all those pitch up high in the strike zone that was fought off? he earn that walk. when you as a catcher try to bring up to fame it the catcher knows its a ball.

do you know when you are batting hits how he swings its were the stirke is not how he stands. good and ball calls happen every day. but i don't call them blown calls cauase they went agasint your team.

I haven't really read y'alls argument but alls I gots to say is that they were thanking the umpire and laughing about the obvious missed call all day on WEEI.

Obvious they radio and commentators think a foul tip is a ball that hits of glove that is not the case. I heard on the plenty of times on the raido can't have a say they don't have tools who said it was a blown call? the catcher cause it to look like a ball brining the pitch back up to the plate. in that sense = ball= trying to get close call = walk

it cannot be a blown call when its a judgement call in the umpire veiw that the thing. now if there was a rule that inturrpet it and the umpires ignore it than you may have blown calls. but this is a judgment call.

i think your problem is your upset that a 22 year old with dylesixa is proving how idoitc and stupid all the fans sound. they blaming the umpires and yet you fail to understand it.

It was not a swinging stirke do you even know what a swinging check swing stirke is? it so easy to say the umpire help red sox win. but in reality it was your team that fail.

the second the pitch is borderline you did not have a plate umpire that was a "pitcher umpire" he call were all over the place but consistency. so he mad it fair.

the fact green walk is all that matters there were 8 pitchs thrown in that a bat and green had problem with feeling his foot so he did with injury.

got get a life green protected the plate dude. you saw amica pitch well did you see all those pitch up high in the strike zone that was fought off? he earn that walk. when you as a catcher try to bring up to fame it the catcher knows its a ball.

do you know when you are batting hits how he swings its were the stirke is not how he stands. good and ball calls happen every day. but i don't call them blown calls cauase they went agasint your team.

I haven't really read y'alls argument but alls I gots to say is that they were thanking the umpire and laughing about the obvious missed call all day on WEEI.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Even your own sports talk radio says it critter

now shut up about it you are wrong and you look like a fucking idiot saying things like "the ump can't blow a callw hen its based on judgement"

thats 100% incorrect, its based on judgement but the ump can GET IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Article,

What happened during the first pitch I was workin out and didn't have a game on

geeze dude what the fuck is your problem your hope high on something there lay of the drugs and just cause the raido says something does NOT MAKE IT TRUE. It is a judgement call its not called 100% right call for a reason dude.

your the one that flipping out swereing calling me idoit stupuid fucking morn etc... i think you need to clam yourself down and be in a shoes of umpire before you EVER COMMENT AGAIN.

Last edited:
lol you're still talking about this...

you're wrong...just shut up about it and move on to the next topic... holy hell

No one here gives a shit you ump 10 year old little league games or softabll games for middle age men

stfu already

NY wins 10-1 as CC wins his league leading 18th.

Tex is three HR from 40, 2 from tying the league leader.

NY, Boston and the rangers all won tonight, NY gains ground on the Angels for best record.

Home strech now guys, almost to the playoffs.

NY wins 10-1 as CC wins his league leading 18th.

Tex is three HR from 40, 2 from tying the league leader.

NY, Boston and the rangers all won tonight, NY gains ground on the Angels for best record.

Home strech now guys, almost to the playoffs.

I'm in cruise control until October. We pretty much have our ticket punched and it will take something special to win the division.

I'm in cruise control until October. We pretty much have our ticket punched and it will take something special to win the division.
I'd like to see CC get to 20 wins, if he does its a cy young.

Also would be fun for Tex to lead the league in HR.

NY has one other unusual stat this year, it may have 2 200 hit players on the same team, Jeter already is over 200 and Cano is at 194.

lol you're still talking about this...

you're wrong...just shut up about it and move on to the next topic... holy hell

No one here gives a shit you ump 10 year old little league games or softabll games for middle age men

stfu already

Don't ever tell me shit dude. you do know what a foul tip is right? to by annoucers you are saying they got a point in fact annoucer have been wrong numerous times. raido talk show host that is local fox station here in nh its crap and can't believe much from it.

third they don't have tools to be laughing at an umpire i work with more than 10 years you jackass.

who said i did softball games for middle age men? you keep assuming you are wrong period you cannot get over it. you have issues like i said GET OFF THE FUCKING DRUGS

Do you also bleieve in tie goes to the runner i am sure you do. do you believe in the plate be foul if the ball hits the plate if you do. Stop watching.

Forum List

Back