The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

lol ok dude whatever

Baseball 101

Loaded bases, 3-2 count and 2 out with the tying run on 3rd you as a hitter should be protecting the plate especially on a pitch that is so borderline it could go either way. If that was called strike 3, any reasonable sox fan would have screamed bloody murder at him for keeping the bat on his shoulder and would have screamed "PROTECT THE FUCKING PLATE"

You're right maybe NESN announcers didn't say "that was a strike" they said lets see where that was went to their Kzone and went "WOW" meaning how the fuck isn't he called out. It was above the knees and right down the middle

I understand that no tracker is 100% accurate but the pitch was a strike for crying out lout...my goodness, I know you're a fucking fan but try to keep the bias aside and call it what it is.

He didn't stop on his check swing...even Green knew it, by the expression on his face he thought he was going to get punched out.

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOX WON THE GAME
let me repeat.

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOX WON, just call it like it fucking is. Like me trying to say Jeter's homerun vs the O's in 1996 was legit when Jeffery Mayer caught the ball.

Last time i check nick green was protectiong his plate. You just admit it was not down the middle.

where you watching the game? i think you need to cause he was prtotectiong the plate he took a pitch cause he thought it was low off the plate the umpire agree wit him guys what its official a ball four.

nesn k-zone and any other local media like i said are not perfect you cannot realy on them.
How do i know this

Happen during a red sox vs yankee game they had on the yes channel i believe closer to inside than with nesn it was more in the middle. you just admit it was a close pitch and could of gone either way choose one dude.

and i tell you right now if i was plate umpire i would of called that a ball.

i am fucking fan dude i am a local UMPIRE. i think i know the stirke so BETTER THAN YOU in fact i had my local PARNTERS COME UP AND TELL ME HOW GREAT MY STRIKE ZONE IS.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE A problem cause you said at first it was close now you change you mind more three times and accuse me of being bias. yet you blame the umpires for the game.

how about you get over yourself your angles lost they didn't get enough runs to protect with Boston playing.

I am very happy your ump your local little league games.

You act as if I don't concede that blown calls aren't part of the game and you live on and play the next.

But to be so fucking stupid and not be able to admit that was a fucking strike is beyond belief.

Of course these Kzone aren't reliable...that is they aren't reliable when they go your way..if it showed it was a ball I am sure you would be liek "onmg K zone showed it was a ball" but since multiple trackers showed it was a strike we will just use the crutch as they are unreliable.

The pitch was a fucking strike and He didn't check his swing the pitch b4.

Green got lucky, you're one of the only people that won't concede that pitch was a ball...you're a walking debacle. Like I said b4, if Green struck out looking there with the stick on his shoulders Red Sox fans would have been screaming bloody murder at him.

But in the end

who cares game over
Sox win

Giants fall 1 run short in the 9th because they won't bunt or hit a grounder to the right side.

Edgar Renteria up with man on 3rd and 2nd, 0 out. Infield is playing back. Only thing you have to avoid is a strikeout or a popup. How about a push bunt to the 2nd baseman, or any kind of ground ball to the right side?
So he decides to pop up. Next batter hits the ground ball to the right side. 1 batter too late. we now have to get a 2 out hit to tie the game(not something we're good at). Strikeout. Ball game.

3 and 1/2 back instead of 1 and 1/2.

Please just execute.

You act as if I don't concede that blown calls aren't part of the game and you live on and play the next.

But to be so fucking stupid and not be able to admit that was a fucking strike is beyond belief.

Of course these Kzone aren't reliable...that is they aren't reliable when they go your way..if it showed it was a ball I am sure you would be liek "onmg K zone showed it was a ball" but since multiple trackers showed it was a strike we will just use the crutch as they are unreliable.

Green got lucky, you're one of the only people that won't concede that pitch was a ball...you're a walking debacle. Like I said b4, if Green struck out looking there with the stick on his shoulders Red Sox fans would have been screaming bloody murder at him.

But in the end

who cares game over
Sox win

it cannot be a blown call when its a judgement call in the umpire veiw that the thing. now if there was a rule that inturrpet it and the umpires ignore it than you may have blown calls. but this is a judgment call.

i think your problem is your upset that a 22 year old with dylesixa is proving how idoitc and stupid all the fans sound. they blaming the umpires and yet you fail to understand it.

It was not a swinging stirke do you even know what a swinging check swing stirke is? it so easy to say the umpire help red sox win. but in reality it was your team that fail.

the second the pitch is borderline you did not have a plate umpire that was a "pitcher umpire" he call were all over the place but consistency. so he mad it fair.

the fact green walk is all that matters there were 8 pitchs thrown in that a bat and green had problem with feeling his foot so he did with injury.

got get a life green protected the plate dude. you saw amica pitch well did you see all those pitch up high in the strike zone that was fought off? he earn that walk. when you as a catcher try to bring up to fame it the catcher knows its a ball.

do you know when you are batting hits how he swings its were the stirke is not how he stands. good and ball calls happen every day. but i don't call them blown calls cauase they went agasint your team.

Tell me some of you guys just saw the first pitch at the Sox game.
MLB has the Red Sox game tonight.

I guess that's a "no"

Anyway they had General Shinsheki there and a combat decorated Navy Chief. The Chief was throwing the first pitch so he leans iin, shakes off two imaginary signs, winds up all serious like, and then throws the ball 8 feet over the catchers head almost hitting a 5 year old looking girl standing on the field behind the plate.

Wanna get away?

But in the end

who cares game over
Sox win

it cannot be a blown call when its a judgement call in the umpire veiw that the thing. now if there was a rule that inturrpet it and the umpires ignore it than you may have blown calls. but this is a judgment call.

i think your problem is your upset that a 22 year old with dylesixa is proving how idoitc and stupid all the fans sound. they blaming the umpires and yet you fail to understand it.

It was not a swinging stirke do you even know what a swinging check swing stirke is? it so easy to say the umpire help red sox win. but in reality it was your team that fail.

the second the pitch is borderline you did not have a plate umpire that was a "pitcher umpire" he call were all over the place but consistency. so he mad it fair.

the fact green walk is all that matters there were 8 pitchs thrown in that a bat and green had problem with feeling his foot so he did with injury.

got get a life green protected the plate dude. you saw amica pitch well did you see all those pitch up high in the strike zone that was fought off? he earn that walk. when you as a catcher try to bring up to fame it the catcher knows its a ball.

do you know when you are batting hits how he swings its were the stirke is not how he stands. good and ball calls happen every day. but i don't call them blown calls cauase they went agasint your team.

I haven't really read y'alls argument but alls I gots to say is that they were thanking the umpire and laughing about the obvious missed call all day on WEEI.

I guess that's a "no"

Anyway they had General Shinsheki there and a combat decorated Navy Chief. The Chief was throwing the first pitch so he leans iin, shakes off two imaginary signs, winds up all serious like, and then throws the ball 8 feet over the catchers head almost hitting a 5 year old looking girl standing on the field behind the plate.

Wanna get away?
Didn't see that, when I turned it on they were talking to Francona.

But in the end

who cares game over
Sox win

I haven't really read y'alls argument but alls I gots to say is that they were thanking the umpire and laughing about the obvious missed call all day on WEEI.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Even your own sports talk radio says it critter

now shut up about it you are wrong and you look like a fucking idiot saying things like "the ump can't blow a callw hen its based on judgement"

thats 100% incorrect, its based on judgement but the ump can GET IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Article,

What happened during the first pitch I was workin out and didn't have a game on

THANK YOU!!!!!

Even your own sports talk radio says it critter

now shut up about it you are wrong and you look like a fucking idiot saying things like "the ump can't blow a callw hen its based on judgement"

thats 100% incorrect, its based on judgement but the ump can GET IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Article,

What happened during the first pitch I was workin out and didn't have a game on

It was funny here's what I posted a second ago:

Wanna get away?

I guess that's a "no"

Wanna get away?

We need a 5th starter. Sounds like our guy! :lol:

I guess that's a "no"

Wanna get away?

That's hilarious. I would love to see that. sounds like something I would do. But I would wait for the little girl to move out of the way.

Why do the Yankees continue to Pitch to Ichiro?

He's the best hitter in the fucking league..you have 2 outs and first base open.

So retarded

Tough loss for NY, 2 out and nobody on leading 2-1, a picnh hit double and an itchy walk off homerun off MO.

Sox win again, only 14 games left to go.

Tough loss for NY, 2 out and nobody on leading 2-1, a picnh hit double and an itchy walk off homerun off MO.

Sox win again, only 14 games left to go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4]YouTube - Jaws theme!![/ame]

6 games :eek:

Forum List

Back