The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Yanks pull out a squeaker over the Angels.

Clinch playoff spot for wild card...6.5 up on the division

If Fat Sabathia gets the Cy Young award this year I'm gonna puke.

It better go to Greinke or King Felix.

The Cy Young is just another one of those things where it seems to be more of a popularity contests now a days than actual statistics.

Be prepared to upchuck.

CC is probaly the only AL pitcher who will be a 20 game winner this year, it will be a major strech to give it to a pitcher with 4 or 5 less wins.

Greinke deserves it in the AL. Lincecum deserves it again because of numbers not including wins.

Like I've said all along. Recently the Giants have had starting pitching woes for the first time all year. Of course the offense wasn't going to bail us out. 5 back now. We'll see ya next year. Even the best pitching staff in baseball couldn't bail out the Giants offense.

Giants will have to win out if they want to make the playoffs. Eat your heart out Paulie!!!!!

You seem almost content with not making it so that you can validate your feeling of wanting to move Cain.

Dude...don't move Cain. That's all I'm gonna say.

Find some bats in the offseason, but don't lose Cain.

Giants will have to win out if they want to make the playoffs. Eat your heart out Paulie!!!!!

You seem almost content with not making it so that you can validate your feeling of wanting to move Cain.

I would think a guy like Matt Holliday, or some free agent bat would want to come and play here since the pitching is good. If we get 2 solid bats we'll run away with the division next year.
and I'd much rather be wrong and make the playoffs and right and miss out.

I would think a guy like Matt Holliday, or some free agent bat would want to come and play here since the pitching is good. If we get 2 solid bats we'll run away with the division next year.

Is Holliday a FA after this season?

Your park is big, so that might take a little away from the fact that you have such a good pitching staff in a hitter's eyes. That means less HR. But I doubt it's a deal breaker type of thing.

Why wouldn't you want to come play with a rotation that gives you a chance to win almost every game?

Your park is big, so that might take a little away from the fact that you have such a good pitching staff in a hitter's eyes. That means less HR. But I doubt it's a deal breaker type of thing.

Why wouldn't you want to come play with a rotation that gives you a chance to win almost every game?

because of money ball. All players pay lip service to "winning". But when it comes right down to it, guys will play for a team that's rich in assets and poor in talent, see Alex Rodriguez in Texas; Barry Zito in SF; Barry Bonds in SF, etc.. We'll never know about Yankees players because they play for winning teams but also get paid more than anyone.

If guys really were all about winning, hitters would be flocking to come grab one of many open spots in the giants' lineup.

NY takes 2 of 3 against angels on the road, nice to finally beat them in their park, hasn't happened since 2004.

Magic number at 5 now.

Matt Holliday and Jason Bay are the two marquee outfielders on the market this year.

Matt Holliday and Jason Bay are the two marquee outfielders on the market this year.

There's not a team in the majors that needs one of those guys more than SF does, in terms of putting the final necessary puzzle piece in place, so let's see if they're willing to put up the cash or take the cheapskate route.

There's not a team in the majors that needs one of those guys more than SF does, in terms of putting the final necessary puzzle piece in place, so let's see if they're willing to put up the cash or take the cheapskate route.

They'll put up the cash. But I don't know if Holliday wants to come back to the NL West or not.

Forum List

Back