The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

We take the lead then turn around and right back to the Halos!

wtf+is+this+shit+piccard.jpg

:evil:

teams go on hitting streaks happens all the time...good thing you have 2 ace pitchers

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well this would be the first hitting streak all year for us. And just in time.
We have 4 ace pitchers right now. All pitching like Aces.
Lincecum 14-5 2.30 era, Barry Zito 2.36 era since the break, Jonathan Sanchez, 3.5 era since the break, Cain, 13-5 2.61era, Brad Penny 3-0 1.64 era with Giants. It's been very nice to have these 5 out there every game.

Tigs come from behind to get the Royals monkey off their back 4-3.

Greinke battles Jackson tomorrow and then the stretch run really begins, with 13 of our last 16 against either the ChiSox or Twins.

Another walkoff, #14 on the year for NY.

Boston is down to it's last out, but has 2 on in a one run game...

what a fuckin joke that at bat to nick green was

Umps giving this game to the sox

He didn't check his swing even Green knew it by the expression he made on his face and that last pitch was a strike right down the fucking middle

He didn't check his swing even Green knew it by the expression he made on his face and that last pitch was a strike right down the fucking middle

Those pitches sounded like balls on the radio.

nah dude not even close.

I don't care if they win or not but it was a strike down the middle

I was watching it on NESN and they did the Kzone for it and it was a clear 6 inches aboce the strike zone

3-2 count loaded bases hitter has to protect the plate and swing at that pitch..no way an ump should call that a ball when it wasn't to begin with.

NESN announcers said it was a clear strike...and he didn't check his swing the pitch b4

teams go on hitting streaks happens all the time...good thing you have 2 ace pitchers

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well this would be the first hitting streak all year for us. And just in time.
We have 4 ace pitchers right now. All pitching like Aces.
Lincecum 14-5 2.30 era, Barry Zito 2.36 era since the break, Jonathan Sanchez, 3.5 era since the break, Cain, 13-5 2.61era, Brad Penny 3-0 1.64 era with Giants. It's been very nice to have these 5 out there every game.

Based on your starting rotation ERA, you need to score less than league average to win, which means you are not going to be fun to play in a playoff series.

I almost hope you guys win the NL pennant, just so you'll finally stop bitching about your run production in the face of that pitching staff.

nah dude not even close.

I was watching it on NESN and they did the Kzone for it and it was a clear 6 inches aboce the strike zone

3-2 count loaded bases hitter has to protect the plate and swing at that pitch..no way an ump should call that a ball when it wasn't to begin with.

NESN announcers said it was a clear strike...and he didn't check his swing the pitch b4

:eusa_boohoo:

Game over. :lol:

Hey, I'm glad the Red Sox won.

NY is fighting the Angels for best record, thanks for the help!

nah dude not even close.

:eusa_boohoo:

Game over. :lol:

lol why are you giving me the violin as if I care...

My team is up 6.5 games up on you.

I watched the game tho, sorry you are so blinded with bias you can't see the umps gave that game to them

Umps blow games all the time its part of the game.

Article,

I know dude its all good :)

I cant wait for the playoffs

let me explain to you that one and for all umpires do not give the game to the sox.

Next i go by each call that was question.

the ball transform over a second the ball came out of glove he had no control of the ball what so ever.

nick green check swing was he didn't go there are two ways umpire know if batter goes or not.

third a call strike three or ball four is a judgment call. it was not right down the middle nor is the amica or any tractor is NOT 100%a accurate angles lost they got plenty of chances to win the game.

Anything else tell me i be happy to tell you. i umpire so i understand this senrio and anyone who umpires know that the strike zone will never be perfect. they are HUMANS AND HUMANS MAKE BAD AND GOOD CALLS.

Edit: nesn never said it was a strike they said nick had guys for taking a close pitch and again this was not down the middle this is amica talking and if you look at all tractors they saw inside outs on line above not all tractors are 100% acculturate at all.

Last edited:
lol ok dude whatever

Baseball 101

Loaded bases, 3-2 count and 2 out with the tying run on 3rd you as a hitter should be protecting the plate especially on a pitch that is so borderline it could go either way. If that was called strike 3, any reasonable sox fan would have screamed bloody murder at him for keeping the bat on his shoulder and would have screamed "PROTECT THE FUCKING PLATE"

You're right maybe NESN announcers didn't say "that was a strike" they said lets see where that was went to their Kzone and went "WOW" meaning how the fuck isn't he called out. It was above the knees and right down the middle

I understand that no tracker is 100% accurate but the pitch was a strike for crying out lout...my goodness, I know you're a fucking fan but try to keep the bias aside and call it what it is.

He didn't stop on his check swing...even Green knew it, by the expression on his face he thought he was going to get punched out.

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOX WON THE GAME
let me repeat.

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOX WON, just call it like it fucking is. Like me trying to say Jeter's homerun vs the O's in 1996 was legit when Jeffery Mayer caught the ball.

lol ok dude whatever

Baseball 101

Loaded bases, 3-2 count and 2 out with the tying run on 3rd you as a hitter should be protecting the plate especially on a pitch that is so borderline it could go either way. If that was called strike 3, any reasonable sox fan would have screamed bloody murder at him for keeping the bat on his shoulder and would have screamed "PROTECT THE FUCKING PLATE"

You're right maybe NESN announcers didn't say "that was a strike" they said lets see where that was went to their Kzone and went "WOW" meaning how the fuck isn't he called out. It was above the knees and right down the middle

I understand that no tracker is 100% accurate but the pitch was a strike for crying out lout...my goodness, I know you're a fucking fan but try to keep the bias aside and call it what it is.

He didn't stop on his check swing...even Green knew it, by the expression on his face he thought he was going to get punched out.

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOX WON THE GAME
let me repeat.

I DON'T CARE IF THE SOX WON, just call it like it fucking is. Like me trying to say Jeter's homerun vs the O's in 1996 was legit when Jeffery Mayer caught the ball.

Forum List

Back