The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

You also had Boston making a big trade at the break, which ended up being Martinez.

All the childish jabs at the Yankees look stupid now that NY has the best record in baseball.

My poor poor gigantes:(

Hopefully we get two bats next year. By the way, Anyone know why Matt Holliday was not in the lineup against the Rockies?

Joe Morgan is completly anti-Yankee, to even hint he was 'supporting' them is ludicrous.

According to Joe, the 27 Yankees would lose to the Reds, he thinks the Reds of the 70s was the greatest ever, because he was there.

The fact is, that team had average pitching and just got lucky between the end of the As dynasty and the rise of a NY one, the 'big red machine' was one of the most over-rated bunches in baseball history.

Someone needs to tell Joe Morgan that if he's going to broadcast national games it would benefit him to at least be able to give off the illusion that he knows something about teams he's calling every Sunday night.

I like Tony Gwynn for color, and I always loved Harold Reynolds' color for Little League games.

Regardless of Reynold's termination, which he says was a misunderstanding, I think both of those guys are better color commentators without even saying a single word, than Morgan will ever be.

Joe Morgan is completly anti-Yankee, to even hint he was 'supporting' them is ludicrous.

According to Joe, the 27 Yankees would lose to the Reds, he thinks the Reds of the 70s was the greatest ever, because he was there.

The fact is, that team had average pitching and just got lucky between the end of the As dynasty and the rise of a NY one, the 'big red machine' was one of the most over-rated bunches in baseball history.

Someone needs to tell Joe Morgan that if he's going to broadcast national games it would benefit him to at least be able to give off the illusion that he knows something about teams he's calling every Sunday night.

I like Tony Gwynn for color, and I always loved Harold Reynolds' color for Little League games.

Regardless of Reynold's termination, which he says was a misunderstanding, I think both of those guys are better color commentators without even saying a single word, than Morgan will ever be.

John Miller is the best. The best tandem is by far Kruk and Kuip here in the bay area, always have great humor and insight on both teams. Of course they're rooting for the home team but they're not homers who sugar coat stuff.
(except when they act like the other team's pitcher is SOOO good that night when they really should be ripping the poor giants offense. I guess they can't do that or management would kill them.)

lol john Kruk? The guy is an idiot.

I lost all respect for Kruk when the Yankees signed Randy Johnson and he said RJ would win 30 games his first year.

lmao...nice call

lol john Kruk? The guy is an idiot.

I lost all respect for Kruk when the Yankees signed Randy Johnson and he said RJ would win 30 games his first year.

lmao...nice call

I'm not talking about John Kruk. I'm referring to the combo of Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow. They were the guys who did the play by play and commentary for the video game MVP Baseball 2005. The last great video game on the sport.

John Miller is the best. The best tandem is by far Kruk and Kuip here in the bay area, always have great humor and insight on both teams. Of course they're rooting for the home team but they're not homers who sugar coat stuff.
(except when they act like the other team's pitcher is SOOO good that night when they really should be ripping the poor giants offense. I guess they can't do that or management would kill them.)

Jon is play-by-play though, I'm just talking color. As far as PBP goes, I guess Miller is ok. He's better than Joe Buck, although I like Buck for football games. Just not baseball. And I can't STAND McCarver. I actually think I'd rather have Morgan than Mc.

I'm warming up to my new Phils PBP guy, Tom McCarthy, or T-Mac as he's come to be known as. He's certainly not Kalas, but I approve of him.

Jon is play-by-play though, I'm just talking color. As far as PBP goes, I guess Miller is ok. He's better than Joe Buck, although I like Buck for football games. Just not baseball. And I can't STAND McCarver. I actually think I'd rather have Morgan than Mc.

I'm warming up to my new Phils PBP guy, Tom McCarthy, or T-Mac as he's come to be known as. He's certainly not Kalas, but I approve of him.

Hank Greenwald was the best pbp of all time for the Giants during the 88-93 years. And I think Jon Miller is great at both.

Twins v. Tigers washed out tonight.

Doubleheader tomorrow.

I've got tickets for tonight, but the weather isn't looking great today either. Showers forecast for this evening, and for much of the day.

We could be looking at doubleheaders both Wednesday and Thursday! :eek:

I'd like to thank the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for carrying my Red Sox over the playoff birth finish line.

I'd like to thank the Atlanta Braves for finally losing a game last night and the Phillies for finally WINNING one, taking our magic number down to 1.

Hopefully I get to watch a celebration tonight.

Doubleheader tomorrow.

Doubleheader split with both decided by a single run. Tigers still with a 2 game lead, but the Twins probably have the edge on pitching matchups over the next 2 days.

The next 2 games are critical. If the Twins win both we're in a tie going into the last 3 games (KC at Twins, Chisox at Tigers). If the Tigs win both they win the division.
:eusa_pray:

Doubleheader tomorrow.

Doubleheader split with both decided by a single run. Tigers still with a 2 game lead, but the Twins probably have the edge on pitching matchups over the next 2 days.

The next 2 games are critical. If the Twins win both we're in a tie going into the last 3 games (KC at Twins, Chisox at Tigers). If the Tigs win both they win the division.
:eusa_pray:

Yeah, a critical matchup since the WC is already locked up. It's do or die for both of you. You guys have Wednesday Night Baseball slot tonight, I'll be switching back and forth between the Phils game.

Forum List

Back