The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Twins v. Tigers washed out tonight.

Doubleheader tomorrow.

Doubleheader split with both decided by a single run. Tigers still with a 2 game lead, but the Twins probably have the edge on pitching matchups over the next 2 days.

The next 2 games are critical. If the Twins win both we're in a tie going into the last 3 games (KC at Twins, Chisox at Tigers). If the Tigs win both they win the division.
:eusa_pray:

Yeah, a critical matchup since the WC is already locked up. It's do or die for both of you. You guys have Wednesday Night Baseball slot tonight, I'll be switching back and forth between the Phils game.

i wish i could see that game (phils). pedro loves that kind of stage.

Doubleheader split with both decided by a single run. Tigers still with a 2 game lead, but the Twins probably have the edge on pitching matchups over the next 2 days.

The next 2 games are critical. If the Twins win both we're in a tie going into the last 3 games (KC at Twins, Chisox at Tigers). If the Tigs win both they win the division.
:eusa_pray:

Yeah, a critical matchup since the WC is already locked up. It's do or die for both of you. You guys have Wednesday Night Baseball slot tonight, I'll be switching back and forth between the Phils game.

I can't believe how well he's done for us. I feel bad for predicting he'd average 5 innings and tax our bullpen. He's the only one in the rotation that HASN'T taxed the pen, since he got here. Even Lee's been struggling of late.

I can't believe how well he's done for us. I feel bad for predicting he'd average 5 innings and tax our bullpen. He's the only one in the rotation that HASN'T taxed the pen, since he got here. Even Lee's been struggling of late.

he's been pretty well rested and i think he's probably figured out that he needs to take better care of himself as he ages. he's always been a pitcher as opposed to a thrower so that probably helps, too.

he had (haven't seen him pitch in awhile) the absolute nastiest changeup i've ever seen anyone throw. it was like that bugs bunny cartoon where the guy swings three times before the ball crosses the plate. sick.

he's been pretty well rested and i think he's probably figured out that he needs to take better care of himself as he ages. he's always been a pitcher as opposed to a thrower so that probably helps, too.

he had (haven't seen him pitch in awhile) the absolute nastiest changeup i've ever seen anyone throw. it was like that bugs bunny cartoon where the guy swings three times before the ball crosses the plate. sick.

He's hitting 90's with the fastball and locating it, and his change is looking good. It's like watching the old Pedro.

I'm surprised ESPN wouldn't air this game since Pedro could clinch, it seems like a good game for ratings.

He's hitting 90's with the fastball and locating it, and his change is looking good. It's like watching the old Pedro.

I'm surprised ESPN wouldn't air this game since Pedro could clinch, it seems like a good game for ratings.

maybe they'll do some cutaways. i hope so.
a lot of people up here turned on him when he went to the mets, but he always did his job when he was here. i wish him well, right up until he goes up against the sox (wishful thinking)

a lot of people up here turned on him when he went to the mets, but he always did his job when he was here. i wish him well, right up until he goes up against the sox (wishful thinking)

Hm, I'd have thought Damon going to the Yanks would overshadow that. THAT was the quintessential stab in the back right there.

I'm sure SC and BB Tonight will have some good highlights if he gets the clinch for us.

Hm, I'd have thought Damon going to the Yanks would overshadow that. THAT was the quintessential stab in the back right there.

I'm sure SC and BB Tonight will have some good highlights if he gets the clinch for us.

yeah, that definitely topped petey leaving...

jesus_mary_judas_traitor_gear_tshirt-p235728190553199021trlf_400.jpg

This statement is for everyone who thinks they have a chance to beat the Yankees in the playoffs this year.....Move the cursor to 4:13 in this video. Lord Denethor says it best.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR3Z388PIew&feature=related]YouTube - The Madness of Denethor The Witch King owns Gandalf[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Ha! Great shirt!

yeah, they were pretty popular right after he left

You guys have one of our more notable traitors...Drew.

We didn't make shirts, we just threw batteries :lol:

i didn't know drew played for you guys- i never really followed him until he showed up here. decent player, but waaaaay overpaid, IMO. 14 mil for 20something HR and ~70 rbi? i don't think so.

yeah, they were pretty popular right after he left

i didn't know drew played for you guys- i never really followed him until he showed up here. decent player, but waaaaay overpaid, IMO. 14 mil for 20something HR and ~70 rbi? i don't think so.

We drafted him, and he refused to play for us.

He's NEVER been as good as his original hype.

he's a good fielder and baserunner, but he's streaky as hell at the plate and won't play if he has a hangnail.

he's a good fielder and baserunner, but he's streaky as hell at the plate and won't play if he has a hangnail.

But have you ever seen how pissed off he can get when he is struck out on a questionable pitch?

Me neither.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

But have you ever seen how pissed off he can get when he is struck out on a questionable pitch?

Me neither.

passionate isn't a word that comes to mind, no. :lol:

His ability came down to reality from his hyped potential, but his head apparently didn't follow.

Me neither.

passionate isn't a word that comes to mind, no. :lol:

When they won the WS, I wonder if he continued to chew his gum during the on-field celebration.

We go to Ken Rosenthal down on the field with a post game interview with JD Drew..

Ken: Jd this must be bitter sweet for you and the team to finally win the WS after so many years of supposed curse...How does this feel right now?

JD: neat

Forum List

Back