The ACA is the 3rd. rail for the GOP

Before the ACA, 20% of Americans were WITHOUT insurance and after the law was passed, the number slowly dropped to 12% without insurance (mostly younger Americans).........

And how many of those don't have it because........hold onto your hats.......they don't want it or need it?

And because you make it illegal to not have insurance you think it's a sign that it's a good program when people sign up? Really? You're not that stupid, you're just playing it on TV.

Pure bullshit. You'll say anything to attack healthcare

The quality has not declined at all but the affordability has.

Quality has declined precipitously.

Declining Quality of Care | Obamacare: IT'S NOT WORKING.

ObamaCare contributes to decline in quality care

WashPo-ABC Poll: Healthcare Is Getting Worse Under Obamacare

I have two advantages on you.

I do Insurance EVERYDAY.
In the last 5 years I've had 3 strokes.
Anaphylactic shock.
Knee surgeries.

I've regained everything.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Anecdotal stories are fun.

Evidence though is based on far more.

Obamacare Undermines Physicians, Quality of Care

You run with Stories, I'll continue with my daily experiences.

I'll go with facts.

And how many of those don't have it because........hold onto your hats.......they don't want it or need it?

Truly moronic.......

Would a car insurer survive if EVERY car they insured was declared totaled?

Right . So just let people die in the street . Poor , elderly , those who chose to have horrible diseases like cancers .

Hyperbole isn't an argument.

CaptainHyperbole.jpg

Truly moronic.......

Would a car insurer survive if EVERY car they insured was declared totaled?

You really think a 20 year old male needs health insurance that provides Pap smears?

Car insurance is optional. Obamacare was mandatory.

And insurance companies were doing quite well in 2008. By 2012 a bunch had already declared bankruptcy.

Last edited:
I would like to see healthcare crossing state lines in competition for business, have a pool for preexisting conditions.
Problem there is the shall-cover mandates that numerous states have...You can buy your insurance anywhere you want, but if you're required to be covered for foolish crap like drug rehab and port wine stain removal by state mandates, you insurance is still going to be expensive.

I don't look to the state for anything beyond not making it legal for an insurance company to deny me a policy or making the policy so expensive I can't afford it.

I don't want or need the state to give me insurance.

Now because of that judge, I'm going to have to either die a needless early death or leave America.

Since we all know the republicans aren't going to pass any reform that will allow people like me to either have or afford insurance, I have very few options left to me other than stay here and die a needless early death.

Before the ACA 45 thousand Americans died each year because they were denied insurance thus denied health care.

That's going to return plus that figure will increase and I will be one of the people in that figure.

If it can happen to me. It can happen to you too.
None of that diatribe addresses my point that the prices have been inflated by the overload mandates, subsidies, regulations, and outright handouts imposed by The State....And that your only suggested remedy is for them to do more of what has already driven costs sky high.

I also have a little news flash for you: you're not entitled to anyone else's product or service....You have no inherent right to have a 3rd-party payor for your medical expenses.

I really dislike DUMB posters........

States With No car insurance requirements

There are just two of them.

Car insurance is not mandatory in New Hampshire, but residents are still responsible for damages, up to $50,000 for liability and $25,000 for property damage. Drivers who are not able to pay for damages can expect to have their licenses and registrations suspended.

Virginia residents can skip the car insurance and pay the state $500 per year. That does not provide accident coverage of any kind. The driver who caused the accident is still liable.

Most drivers in both states opt to buy car insurance. In fact, the national average of uninsured motorists in 2012 was 12.6 percent, according to the Insurance Information Institute. But New Hampshire's rate of uninsured was 9.3 percent and Virginia's was 10.1 percent.

I really dislike DUMB posters........

States With No car insurance requirements

There are just two of them.

Car insurance is not mandatory in New Hampshire, but residents are still responsible for damages, up to $50,000 for liability and $25,000 for property damage. Drivers who are not able to pay for damages can expect to have their licenses and registrations suspended.

Virginia residents can skip the car insurance and pay the state $500 per year. That does not provide accident coverage of any kind. The driver who caused the accident is still liable.

Most drivers in both states opt to buy car insurance. In fact, the national average of uninsured motorists in 2012 was 12.6 percent, according to the Insurance Information Institute. But New Hampshire's rate of uninsured was 9.3 percent and Virginia's was 10.1 percent.

Dealing with idiots is so much fun.

Think deeper dumbass dipshit. I don't have to own a car. I can walk or ride a bike.

Thus car insurance is OPTIONAL.

How do I get out of Obamacare mandates? I HAVE TO FUCKING DIE.

Fuck you dumbass.

NO insurance company could just drop you because you got sick.

When the ACA goes away that can....

Before obamacare yes I knew of insurance companies that would drop you if you got sick and that was called underwriting at time of claim. If the new sickness or disease by any remote chance be tied to a pre x they would not pay claims and drop you. Believe me there were a few that could and would do that back then. Why do you think some of the companies now do not operate in all counties or states? But normally the application was underwritten before approval and you would receive an exclusion for certain things or completely denied. But there are and were state laws and it depends if is a state is letting an insurance company operate in the respective state, domestic or foreign.

Before Obamacare, my son worked for a small restaurant chain that provide low cost healthcare coverage. We thought he had great coverage until he got sick. Then we found out that buried in the documents, there was a clause that denied all coverage to employees with less than 1 year on the job and only $1,000 coverage to any employee without 2 years on job. We complained to the state insurance commissioner but he said nothing could be done even thou the turnover rate was so high very few workers ever collected anything from the policy. Later we found out that the insurance coverage for management was free with no such restriction. It turned out that management's insurance was being funded by premiums paid by the workers. Before Obamacare, insurance companies could get away with all kinds shit depending on insurance laws and regulations in the state. This what many conservatives would like see again.

Last edited:
You listed millions to distract from the fact that YOU want free lunch.

Nope. No free lunch. He is paying for that healthcare monthly...and with his back problems would either be denied or priced out.

There are millions like me and him (parents and young adults)

And I'd feel the same way about this regardless.

There are millions of people who are born preexisting conditions.

Millions born with either heart problems, problems with other organs, born with spina biffitca or Down syndrome or autism or one of a very, very long list of conditions babies are born with.

None of them will ever be able to get insurance. They are all preexisting from birth.
Means testing could cover those. Concentrating capital on those issues should result in a better understanding and better solutions.

For the rest, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed could better ensures capital circulates in our market based economy.

I don't live on unemployment. Or any type of government assistance.

I don't qualify for any type of government assistance. I had to give up my career because I'm disabled but don't qualify for disability.

I was married for 30 years and it wasn't an issue. I had private employer provided insurance through my ex husband. I'm divorced now. I am able to stay on that insurance through COBRA for 3 years after divorce. That coverage runs out on December 31st 2019. On January 1, 2020, I will have no insurance. If the conservatives get their way, I will never be able to buy insurance again in my life. Which will guarantee that I die an unnecessary early death. I will suffer during that time because I won't be able to get the proper medications, physical therapy or see my doctors for a spine injury and nerve damage that has made me disabled. Nerve damage that's not the kind that causes no feeling and use. The kind that causes horrible agony. My hands and arms are literally being burned from the inside out. Imagine the feel of burning red hot fire knives slicing through your hands and arms with no way to make it stop. That's what I will face without insurance. And that's just in my arms. I have the same type of nerve damage in my spine. From my skull all the way down to the bottom of my spine. With one small area that's not damaged.

I have the money to buy insurance. I pay $8800.00 dollars a year in premiums alone right now. Add in the deductible, residuals, medication costs and I pay at least 15 thousand dollars a year in health care right now. I expected it to at least double when I lose that insurance I've had since 1988. Now I expect it to skyrocket to the point I can't afford it, That is IF I can find a company to sell me a policy.

As with most people, it's not a matter that I don't want to buy insurance. I want to. It's a matter that no one will sell me a policy or if they do, it's so expensive I can't afford it.
The law of large numbers should be able to help in this case. Hypothetically, with unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed, Labor could create greater capital demand. With more market participants having an income, prices should become more competitive.

You listed millions to distract from the fact that YOU want free lunch.

Nope. No free lunch. He is paying for that healthcare monthly...and with his back problems would either be denied or priced out.

There are millions like me and him (parents and young adults)

And I'd feel the same way about this regardless.

There are millions of people who are born preexisting conditions.

Millions born with either heart problems, problems with other organs, born with spina biffitca or Down syndrome or autism or one of a very, very long list of conditions babies are born with.

None of them will ever be able to get insurance. They are all preexisting from birth.
The number of people with pre-existing conditions in the US has been estimated to be over 130 million. Before Obamacare, insurance companies tried to sign up as few of those 130 million as possible and as many of the other as possible in order to meet the ultimate gold of the company. Minimize claims and maximize premiums.

I don't look to the state for anything beyond not making it legal for an insurance company to deny me a policy or making the policy so expensive I can't afford it.

I don't want or need the state to give me insurance.

Now because of that judge, I'm going to have to either die a needless early death or leave America.

Since we all know the republicans aren't going to pass any reform that will allow people like me to either have or afford insurance, I have very few options left to me other than stay here and die a needless early death.

Before the ACA 45 thousand Americans died each year because they were denied insurance thus denied health care.

That's going to return plus that figure will increase and I will be one of the people in that figure.

If it can happen to me. It can happen to you too.
None of that diatribe addresses my point that the prices have been inflated by the overload mandates, subsidies, regulations, and outright handouts imposed by The State....And that your only suggested remedy is for them to do more of what has already driven costs sky high.

I also have a little news flash for you: you're not entitled to anyone else's product or service....You have no inherent right to have a 3rd-party payor for your medical expenses.
We have no inherent rights when it comes to healthcare which is why we need healthcare laws, that will insure that no one need die or suffer from lack healthcare because they can't pay for it.

We have no inherent rights when it comes to healthcare which is why we need healthcare laws, that will insure that no one need die or suffer from lack healthcare because they can't pay for it.
No indigent who is in real need goes without care....And forcing others to pay for it via laws doesn't make it right.
Which is why healthcare should be a right rather than a privilege only for those who can afford it. Americans, including an overwhelming percentage of millennials currently believe that the government is obligated to ensure that all Americans have health-care coverage. Health care must be recognized as a right, not a privilege. Every man, woman and child in our country should be able to access the health care they need regardless of their income. Americans should not have to fear losing their health insurance if they lose their job or change employment. We need a system that prioritizes the health of working-class families over the profits of insurance companies.

Opponents argue that the system will be overused if the people don't have to pay, which is probably the most ridiculous argument yet. Anyone who has had to shit their brains out for 24 hours to undergo a colonoscopy or go thru the pain, and suffering of a transplant knows how ridiculous this argument is. People do not go to a doctor because it's free. They go because they are sick.

Last edited:
Not only do Republicans think that healthcare is NOT a right...they think that only "certain people" should have it

In the same way that conservatives have mocked democrats over the possibility that taxes would have to be raised on this country's ultra-rich as "political suicide," the eradication of the ACA is the beginning of a death knell for every republican who would vote to declare this law as null and void.

Sure, it is "good" rhetoric to run a conservative campaign on repealing the ACA but the reality of ACTUALLY tearing it down should scare the crap out of these hypocritical demagogues.

Repealing the law may evoke the cheers of ignorant and poorly educated voters, but the REPLACEMENT of this life-saving law has these conservative politicians fearing for their miserable political existence.

I am actually "glad" that a conservative district judge has ruled the ACA "unconstitutional" because such a ruling is taking the argument from just moronic rhetoric .....to the reality of having to stake one's sorry ass on the line as these same moronic voters FINALLY realize that their health care insurance will either be revoked, or their premiums will be raised high enough to cause a stroke.....
ACA was unconstitutional from its inception. Violation of Commerce Clause.

No accoroding to the Supreme Court .
I still wonder who has dirt on Roberts and what they have. Pictures of one of his children through a rifle scope, maybe?

I still wonder who has dirt on Roberts and what they have. Pictures of one of his children through a rifle scope, maybe?

I wonder what drug the Trumpers are imbibing to generate this nonsense

Forum List

Back