The ACLU is suing to RESTORE mask mandates?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
The ACLU is suing to REDUCE FREEDOM?!

This is like the NRA trying to repeal the 2nd ammendment…what the hell?

The ACLU has lost the plot.

Too late, the dems and gop joined together on this one.....Except, of course, for those ivy league educated dem transplants in NOtVA.

Virginia school districts drop mask mandates — many reluctantly — to comply with new state law -WAPO​

Virginia school districts are dropping their mask mandates in obedience to a state law enacted this week that allows parents to decide whether their children wear masks at school.

The bill, which Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) signed into law Wednesday, states that school districts must make masking optional starting March 1. It marks a major and hard-fought victory for the governor, who issued an executive order on his first day in office making masks optional — only to see more than half of Virginia’s 131 districts defy the order by continuing to require face coverings. Most districts have maintained mask mandates throughout the pandemic and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently recommends masking for everyone in schools over age 2.

Virginia school districts drop mask mandates — many reluctantly — to comply with new state law

When I was a kid, the ACLU defended the first amendment rights of American Nazis to march through the small city of Skokie, Illinois which was largely Jewish with many Holocaust survivors. Many of the ACLU lawyers who worked on the case on behalf of the Nazis were Jews. That was the American Civil Liberties Union, before it became the American Criminal Liberties Union.

There were many resignations among Jewish and non-Jewish members of the ACLU over that decision. They believed that Nazis have no first amendment rights. Those folks who resigned were the ideological forefathers of the people who now control the media whose syllogism goes like this:

-Nazis have no right to free speech.

-Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi.

-Everyone who disagrees with me has no right to free speech.

The ACLU is saying it should be decided at the local level, and not the state. I agree with them on this.

This should not be done at the state level either for or against mask mandates.

When I was a kid, the ACLU defended the first amendment rights of American Nazis to march through the small city of Skokie, Illinois which was largely Jewish with many Holocaust survivors. Many of the ACLU lawyers who worked on the case on behalf of the Nazis were Jews. That was the American Civil Liberties Union, before it became the American Criminal Liberties Union.

There were many resignations among Jewish and non-Jewish members of the ACLU over that decision. They believed that Nazis have no first amendment rights. Those folks who resigned were the ideological forefathers of the people who now control the media whose syllogism goes like this:

-Nazis have no right to free speech.

-Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi.

-Everyone who disagrees with me has no right to free speech.

You nailed it.

The minute you remove 1A rights from Nazis….the slippery slope begins….and you go all the way to Joe Rogan.

That makes them the Anti-ACLU

The ACLU is saying it should be decided at the local level, and not the state. I agree with them on this.

Virginia is a Commonwealth, not a Mobocracy.

When Virginia adopted its first constitution in 1776, the term commonwealth was reintroduced to emphasize that Virginia’s new government was based upon the sovereignty of the people united for the common good, or common weal.

Virginia is a Commonwealth, not a Mobocracy.

When Virginia adopted its first constitution in 1776, the term commonwealth was reintroduced to emphasize that Virginia’s new government was based upon the sovereignty of the people united for the common good, or common weal.

non sequitur much?

When I was a kid, the ACLU defended the first amendment rights of American Nazis to march through the small city of Skokie, Illinois which was largely Jewish with many Holocaust survivors
Never agreed with them on that either. That was only to terrorize a group of people who had only recently come out of the worst chapter of recent human history.

The VA government chose to RESTORE freedom, and the ACLU is suing to REMOVE freedom.

This shit is insane.

Lefty pretzel logic in full effect.

Please tell us then why Mandated Mask wearing was determined by the States

Forum List

Back