The BDS Movement Against Israel has Accomplished Less Than Nothing

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
Well other than symbolic meaningless BS. Eight years of delusion while Israel prospers and gets stringer. LOL

The BDS Movement Against Israel has Accomplished Less Than Nothing

As it happens, there is a web page that exhaustively tracks BDS achievements. It contains such triumphal entries as “Andreas Oberg, Swedish guitarist, cancels gig in Tel Aviv, heeding BDS activists’ appeals,” and “Ten talented young harpists bow out of the International Harp Contest.” But for the most part, the entries consist of gestures similar to the York student-federation vote, which is to say: rhetorical attacks from activist groups, unions and academic organizations with no power to influence trade policy.
From the slogans emitted by BDS champions (including, at times, Canada’s own Naomi Klein), one would think that BDS was on the cusp of bringing Israel to its knees. Yet since 2004 — the period corresponding to the lifespan of the BDS movement — Israel’s economy generally has been booming, especially in the areas of telecommunications, computer technology, aviation, specialty medical equipment, military hardware and natural gas.

The BDS campaign is also morally hypocritical. Not all of Israel’s policies — especially in regard to settlement construction — are defensible. Yet in humanitarian terms, nothing Israel does to Palestinians comprises even so much as a rounding error on the horrors perpetrated by such nations as Syria, Iran and Sudan against their own citizens. The plight of Gazan religious and political dissenters — not to mention gays and women in the Hamas-run enclave — is especially notable, given that many of the same activists who champion BDS also have championed the Boat to Gaza movement and other efforts to equip and legitimize Hamas.
But eight years in, the movement has accomplished nothing. Indeed, less than nothing: For it is thanks to BDS, and similar gestures of anti-Israel antipathy (especially at the UN), that many Israelis — including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu — have become convinced that their country will always be the victim of a vicious moral double standard. If Mr. Netanyahu has struck a more standoffish, militant, uncompromising tone than his predecessors when dealing with the international community, it is largely because he has come to see the hatred of his country as irrational and unremitting.
- See more at: The BDS Movement Against Israel has Accomplished Less Than Nothing | Foundation for Defense of Democracies

Way to go BDS !! :clap2:
The BDSholes at the Bowel Discharge Syndrome (TM) are winning! Ha ha ha.

cave-dwellers-by-choice.jpg

i have never seen such worry devoted to something that isn't accomplishing anything and so much effort to end something that is accomplishing nothing than israel and the zionists devote to BDS.

i have never seen such worry devoted to something that isn't accomplishing anything and so much effort to end something that is accomplishing nothing than israel and the zionists devote to BDS.

Please post a comment where one of us expressed our worry for BDS

Still waiting Seal. If you want, you can admit you are wrong , that is your other option

Last edited:

No worries, just stating the obvious facts. I think it's you guys that keep telling us that BDS has been such a smashing success, yet Israel keeps prospering and more and more companies and countries are establishing footholds there.

Can you list some of the Bullshit Movement's successes over the last 9 years? I just haven't seen any for all the frothing that comes out of your mouths.

Still waiting Seal. If you want, you can admit you are wrong , that is your other option
Actually it's the BS supporters that seem worried. All this noise and all they have to show for is a scientist here and a university mown for its huge Muslim population and liberal nutjobs there. Much ado about NOTHING. BDS! BDS! BDS! Ha ha ha!

Actually it's the BS supporters that seem worried. All this noise and all they have to show for is a scientist here and a university mown for its huge Muslim population and liberal nutjobs there. Much ado about NOTHING. BDS! BDS! BDS! Ha ha ha!

Ya I know. I just wanted to show to Seal that as usual he is making bullshit claims about the pro - Israelis here. lol

Honestly kind of feel bad for BDS, they seem to be trying so damn hard to have a negative impact on thew settlers, but nothing seems to be working. Ah well ! Hahaha !

What do BDS and Jihadists who attack Israel have in common?

They claim victory regardless of the outcome haha !

Not only does Israel thrive from all the wasteful movements against Israel but so does the whole world benefit from Israel's endless contributions to humanity.

Even with all the lovely neighbors Israel has, and the wars it has fought, and their constant being on stand by for any attack, and BDS, Israel still manages to thrive. Nothing short of amazing

it was a general statement. read the israeli newspapers.

if it was not a threat at allo, so much space wouldn't be devoted telling us it isn't na threat and criticising thos who decide to respebct it.

look at all the effort put into stephen hawking. it was ridiculous.

i think "or you can ignore stupid zionist comments" might be another option...LOL. you really have to have a limited imagination to only come up with two options.

if it was not a threat at allo, so much space wouldn't be devoted telling us it isn't na threat and criticising thos who decide to respebct it.

i think "or you can ignore stupid zionist comments" might be another option...LOL. you really have to have a limited imagination to only come up with two options.

I simply asked for you to provide some evidence that indicates pro Israelis on the I/P forum or Israelis in Israel have expressed worrisome over BDS. Maybe you're right ...

But just because they are discussing the issue and it's POTENTIAL consequences, I don't see that as being worrisome.

I simply asked for you to provide some evidence that indicates pro Israelis on the I/P forum or Israelis in Israel have expressed worrisome over BDS. Maybe you're right ...

But just because they are discussing the issue and it's POTENTIAL consequences, I don't see that as being worrisome.

again, it was a general statement.

get real though. even this thread is indicative of wory about something you consider not worth worrying about.

they are freaking about the issue everythime somebody or group decides to respect the boycott, and again, look at steohen hawking and all the personal attacks made on him, to include mocking his disability and intelligence abd the calls to academics and others not to honour it.

but hey, it is nothing to worry about. it isn't working and no one is worried. jews and israelis just like to trash disabled geniuses and stephen hawking was a convenient target.

get real though. even this thread is indicative of wory about something you consider not worth worrying about.

they are freaking about the issue everythime somebody or group decides to respect the boycott, and again, look at steohen hawking and all the personal attacks made on him, to include mocking his disability and intelligence abd the calls to academics and others not to honour it.

but hey, it is nothing to worry about. it isn't working and no one is worried. jews and israelis just like to trash disabled geniuses and stephen hawking was a convenient target.

IT was a general statement that you have nothing to back it up with. Interesting. Well, thanks for clarifying that Seal.

IT was a general statement that you have nothing to back it up with. Interesting. Well, thanks for clarifying that Seal.

here is just one from a jewish publication.

Is Steven Hawking?s Decision To Boycott an Israeli Conference Boon to BDS? ? Forward.com

and this is not that bad. all i am saying is it there is nothing to worry about, you all sure have a lot of newspaper articles on it.

here is another one...

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

why don't you explain to me why, if this BDS means nothing, why zionists and israelis treat it as a threat.

frankly. i really don't care all thaat much. i support it but it gets a lot of its steam from israeli over-reaction to it.

OpEdNews - Article: Israeli blood diamond agreement scuppered by BDS activists

don't worry. be happy.

Forum List

Back