The Bible. Myth or Reality?

It's very dangerous to mock the Holy Spirit.

it also demonstrates you don't know anything about the spiritual

You and Jeremiah often post this weird threat but I've never seen either of you say why its dangerous.

Are you saying that if people don't toe the line, your god will strike them down?
The King James Bible is the truth.
Prove it. Got a talking snake with you?
You need no other book to find the way to eternal life.
I'm quite sure the Hindus, the mormons, the muslims and all the other religious people in the world would disagree with you. So you must now provide evidence for these assertions.
Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men.
Actually any word is a word. Try it. Yoda, Snapper, hopscotch, they're all words. Of course he's flesh, he's not made of mud or playdough.
He came to earth not to condemn us but that through Him we might be saved. Salvation comes from Christ alone. The Only Book you need is the BIBLE. Read it and ask the LORD to reveal Himself to you. When you ask Him be willing to do the will of God. John 7:17 is for you today!
Wait a minute. You're just preaching. You're not even interested in debating the topic. You are using a public forum to preach your religion and claim to all that it is the truth without an ounce of evidence. Good luck with that.

I do not believe in luck. I believe in the Word of God that tells me that Gods Word will not return back unto Him void without going forth and performing the work it was sent to do.

There is no debate about whether the Bible is myth or truth. The Word of God is true. God is not a man that He should lie. You can rely on the Word of God being 100% true. With that, if you will read it, study it, and do what it says you will find eternal life.

Tell me please, if I lie to someone and cause someone to lie to others, am I culpable for those lies?

Tell me as well please, if God lies to someone and cause someone to lie to others, is God culpable for those lies?

Regards
DL

The Bible and the Gnostic Gospels can not both be reality, factually sound. Would your question not be better phrased as a specific fact which the Bible states which the Gnostic Gospel refutes? By better phrased I mean to address the intent of your question better.

As I indicated, all scriptures are myths.

That is why they cannot both be reality. Neither is reality.

Myths are never factually sound except to their own story lines. Any relationship to reality is accidental.

If I have to refute a myth to someone then they are literalists and believe with faith without facts and they are likely immune to facts.

Regards
DL
Did I not just read you say you were a Gnostic Christian? As JakeStarkey just stated, "Gnosticism is another form of theism, "

We are not the same at all. That is why Christianity decimated us and burned our scriptures.

I gave our friend an example of how we are different just above. Have a look.

Regards
DL
There are differences, and similarities. You seem to be arguing against Christianity at the points of similarity not differences or you are just not stating you case very clearly. I asked exactly the question that will answer that in post #2 and you have yet to answer it. Intentionally or not you are being very disingenuous. As well as unnecessarily rude to people who comment on your thread.

Only when they deserve it. I usually reply in kind.

You asked on my promoting Gnostic Christianity.

My posting usually have two purposes. Sowing the immorality of the Christian, Muslim and Catholic creeds primarily because of their institutionalized homophobia and misogyny and pushing for the more moral and intelligent Gnostic Christian theology and myths come second.

Regards
DL
Hence my original question. Why do you not just state outright that you are here to show the "immorality of the Christian, Muslim and Catholic creeds primarily because of their institutionalized homophobia and misogyny"?

God wanted to create a being that would love him by choice - If I were perfect, like God, I could create children that would love me no matter what. But, love means so much more when it's a choice. And again, you are looking for something that will make 100% sense to you, and, you are just not smart enough because you don't have the mind of God. And, since you are not a Christian (I am supposing), there is zero chance you are enlightened to see the truth. There is really no way to debate this.

Either way, you have to be open to the fact that you could be wrong. Even if 2 billion people agree with you.

If a non-believer is wrong about God being real, and God has not directly shown himself to that person, for God to punish him would be quite immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Doesn't matter what I think, but, I do believe every human being on Earth has or will be given the opportunity and/or God will reveal Himself to them in one way or another.

GreatestIam melt down!

I say this only because you have, yet again, condemned foolishly. I have been married twice and have never known other women. I was not with my wife until marriage. My first wife died, and I was continent until I married again. And I served tours for months on end away from my spouse. Can you say you have only known your mate and only within marriage?

I have always loved the Lord my God, and I have always tried to love my fellow human beings as myself. I have always given tithe to the poor and needy. I try to seek out to do acts of kindness daily without being seen. Can you say that you have done this?

I don't care if my fellow man knows not my heart and my actions, but my Lord God does. I call him "Lord" and he calls me by my first name.

Step along, GreatestIam, step along.

I never condemn foolishly and if you are to state such you should at least have the balls to show what you are talking about and provide your argument against.

As to me, I have a family tradition to follow.

I like being ----

Stop complaining about not being attractive to women pal.

Regards
D

So you are not a spiritual person of moral standards. Standards are chosen and followed as an act of free will. That you disparage such shows you do not love our Lord and our fellow beings.

Nuff said. Carry on.

Still throwing stones and running away I see.

Anytime you want to compare morals, especially those of your slave owning Lord and master, I am here to show you what good morals are as compared to your genocidal son murdering demiurge.

Regards
DL

You and Jeremiah often post this weird threat but I've never seen either of you say why its dangerous.

Are you saying that if people don't toe the line, your god will strike them down?
I'm quite sure the Hindus, the mormons, the muslims and all the other religious people in the world would disagree with you. So you must now provide evidence for these assertions.
Actually any word is a word. Try it. Yoda, Snapper, hopscotch, they're all words. Of course he's flesh, he's not made of mud or playdough.
He came to earth not to condemn us but that through Him we might be saved. Salvation comes from Christ alone. The Only Book you need is the BIBLE. Read it and ask the LORD to reveal Himself to you. When you ask Him be willing to do the will of God. John 7:17 is for you today!
Wait a minute. You're just preaching. You're not even interested in debating the topic. You are using a public forum to preach your religion and claim to all that it is the truth without an ounce of evidence. Good luck with that.

I do not believe in luck. I believe in the Word of God that tells me that Gods Word will not return back unto Him void without going forth and performing the work it was sent to do.

There is no debate about whether the Bible is myth or truth. The Word of God is true. God is not a man that He should lie. You can rely on the Word of God being 100% true. With that, if you will read it, study it, and do what it says you will find eternal life.

Tell me please, if I lie to someone and cause someone to lie to others, am I culpable for those lies?

Tell me as well please, if God lies to someone and cause someone to lie to others, is God culpable for those lies?

Regards
DL
Tell me that you believe that you can and God are judged by the same standards?

GreatestIam melt down!

I say this only because you have, yet again, condemned foolishly. I have been married twice and have never known other women. I was not with my wife until marriage. My first wife died, and I was continent until I married again. And I served tours for months on end away from my spouse. Can you say you have only known your mate and only within marriage?

I have always loved the Lord my God, and I have always tried to love my fellow human beings as myself. I have always given tithe to the poor and needy. I try to seek out to do acts of kindness daily without being seen. Can you say that you have done this?

I don't care if my fellow man knows not my heart and my actions, but my Lord God does. I call him "Lord" and he calls me by my first name.

I never condemn foolishly and if you are to state such you should at least have the balls to show what you are talking about and provide your argument against.

I like being ----

Regards
D

So you are not a spiritual person of moral standards. Standards are chosen and followed as an act of free will. That you disparage such shows you do not love our Lord and our fellow beings.

Nuff said. Carry on.
Still throwing stones and running away I see. Anytime you want to compare morals, especially those of your slave owning Lord and master, I am here to show you what good morals are as compared to your genocidal son murdering demiurge. Regards DL
Already compared and you already failed. That you believe all in mortality can be understood is a fallacy. You could say the moon is green cheese and have a better chance of proving that than your Gnostic fallacies.

Regards
DL
Tell me that you believe that you can and God are judged by the same standards?

Give an answer to my questions and I will gladly answer yours.

Regards
DL

GreatestIam melt down!

I like being ----

Regards
D

Nuff said. Carry on.
Still throwing stones and running away I see. Anytime you want to compare morals, especially those of your slave owning Lord and master, I am here to show you what good morals are as compared to your genocidal son murdering demiurge. Regards DL
Already compared and you already failed. That you believe all in mortality can be understood is a fallacy. You could say the moon is green cheese and have a better chance of proving that than your Gnostic fallacies.

You compared? Where?

Get the quote.

That aside. You are not worth my time with the garbage you give so produce or be ready to be ignored.

Regards
DL

Either way, you have to be open to the fact that you could be wrong. Even if 2 billion people agree with you.

If a non-believer is wrong about God being real, and God has not directly shown himself to that person, for God to punish him would be quite immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Doesn't matter what I think, but, I do believe every human being on Earth has or will be given the opportunity and/or God will reveal Himself to them in one way or another.

It matters that your religion produces such weak minds that they cannot make moral judgement just as you have shown you cannot do here.

Religion is all about morals and yours are not worthy. You might wonder why.

You and others here who run from moral discussions are doing my work of discrediting Christianity for me.

Keep it up.

Regards
DL

GreatestIam melt down!

I like being ----

Regards
D

Somewhere along someone's thread make that post that defines them. That last sentence of yours says it all. Some of the people who come to this forum to insult religion are truly shocking in their moral degeneration.

As I indicated, all scriptures are myths.

That is why they cannot both be reality. Neither is reality.

Myths are never factually sound except to their own story lines. Any relationship to reality is accidental.

If I have to refute a myth to someone then they are literalists and believe with faith without facts and they are likely immune to facts.

Regards
DL
Did I not just read you say you were a Gnostic Christian? As JakeStarkey just stated, "Gnosticism is another form of theism, "

We are not the same at all. That is why Christianity decimated us and burned our scriptures.

Regards
DL
There are differences, and similarities. You seem to be arguing against Christianity at the points of similarity not differences or you are just not stating you case very clearly. I asked exactly the question that will answer that in post #2 and you have yet to answer it. Intentionally or not you are being very disingenuous. As well as unnecessarily rude to people who comment on your thread.

My posting usually have two purposes. Sowing the immorality of the Christian, Muslim and Catholic creeds primarily because of their institutionalized homophobia and misogyny and pushing for the more moral and intelligent Gnostic Christian theology and myths come second.

Regards
DL
Hence my original question. Why do you not just state outright that you are here to show the "immorality of the Christian, Muslim and Catholic creeds primarily because of their institutionalized homophobia and misogyny"?

I do.

Do you expect that such would not come out in a variety of posts?

Posts have to be kept short as many do not have the attention span and to complicate an O.P. does not bode well for Christian participation.

Regards
DL

GreatestIam melt down!

I like being ----

Regards
D

Somewhere along someone's thread make that post that defines them. That last sentence of yours says it all. Some of the people who come to this forum to insult religion are truly shocking in their moral degeneration.

LOL.

Psychobabble B.S.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I do.

Do you expect that such would not come out in a variety of posts?

Posts have to be kept short as many do not have the attention span and to complicate an O.P. does not bode well for Christian participation.

Regards
DL
NhbekRN4Mn-4.png

GreatestIam melt down!

I like being ----

Regards
D

LOL.

Psychobabble B.S.

Regards
DL

media_httpimg340image_epnjv-scaled1000.png

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

It matters that your religion produces such weak minds that they cannot make moral judgement just as you have shown you cannot do here.

You and others here who run from moral discussions are doing my work of discrediting Christianity for me.

Keep it up.

Regards
DL

The Scriptures tell us that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and your words here reveal the motive of your own heart, DL. You say your work is to discredit Christianity. Who is the accuser of the Brethren, DL? Satan. As you admit that your work is to discredit Christianity - there is no reason for anyone to listen to a word you have to say (in fact, I'd strongly advise people not to listen to you)

You have an ulterior motive. You are not interested in the truth. You're only interest is in accomplishing your own objective which is to destroy the faith of others. By whatever deceptive strategies you can devise. What you do not realize is that you shall one day give an account before God for what you have done here.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Keep it up.

Regards
DL

In your opinion, such as it is.....

God is perfect and has a perfect moral compass. One we are not able to live up to because we are not perfect. We try in vain to build our own, think we have answers on how to live, and, then, people like you who are unbending refuse to see things any other way. Intelligent people have open minds are able to see all possibilities. From what I've read from you, that is not the case....

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Keep it up.

Regards
DL

The Scriptures tell us that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and your words here reveal the motive of your own heart, DL. You say your work is to discredit Christianity. Who is the accuser of the Brethren, DL? Satan. As you admit that your work is to discredit Christianity - there is no reason for anyone to listen to a word you have to say (in fact, I'd strongly advise people not to listen to you)

You have an ulterior motive. You are not interested in the truth. You're only interest is in accomplishing your own objective which is to destroy the faith of others. By whatever deceptive strategies you can devise. What you do not realize is that you shall one day give an account before God for what you have done here.

Christianity discredit's itself with its homophobia, misogyny and adoration of a genocidal son murdering demiurge.

The fact that those like you who run from moral discussions make whatever case I try to make.

I see you end with the usual Christian fear tactic.

Another immoral trait that your religion has given you.

Regards
DL

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Keep it up.

Regards
DL

In your opinion, such as it is.....

God is perfect and has a perfect moral compass. One we are not able to live up to because we are not perfect. We try in vain to build our own, think we have answers on how to live, and, then, people like you who are unbending refuse to see things any other way. Intelligent people have open minds are able to see all possibilities. From what I've read from you, that is not the case....

You have read but ran from showing the perfect moral compass because you cannot justify your God's immoral ways.

That suits my purposes just as well if not better that to have to suffer your apologetics.

Lurkers see a quick kill instead of a slow death for your side.

You Christians here are helping kill your own religion.

That is sweet but you make it so easy I have to wonder if you guys are atheists doing a black flag op.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back