The Big Anti-Cop Lie.

Ok, you're making me laugh

hahaha-024.gif

I used to clean the Police showers at the local Public Safety Bldg. A few times I encountered officers who had not responded to my knocking, and I was always like "Wow, no wonder!"

Ha...you were their janitor. No wonder you're bitter.

Somebody has to do it. It paid well too. Better than I made working in an office.

Your anti cop attitude makes sense now.

Speaking for myself, I'm neither anti or pro cop. Some of them have attitudes and some of them are decent. But when the culture is corrupt, the good cops are outnumbered and those that fight the system can be found floating in the river. The Sylvester Stallone movie "Copland" is very good at depicting the kind of culture I'm talking about, that everyone knows is dominant in the Northeast.

I dont agree that the good cops are out numbered.

But...I do agree that police in the Northeast have far more corruption.

You're right...like any group...theres good and bad.

But bottom line is....its a profession involving guns and drugs and fighting and shitty hours and drunks and dead bodies and heartbreaking scenes.

10, 000 new hires with impeccable backgrounds and the highest nobility and intentions could join.

And its inevitable that 50-100 are gonna snap or turn bad. Its just a human flaw.

Your story stretches credulity. It's not that crazy things can't happen, it's that they're unlikely. Yes, law abiding citizens can get a gun pulled on them by the cops in some freak scenario, but in nearly every case, the person having the gun pulled on them is not a law abiding citizen or is hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Go fuck yourself then.

You're getting a little touchy. What I said was fact. Lots of people involved in crime have no idea why the police are "out to get them" and don the persecution mantel, but the truth is, negative police contacts are highly unlikely unless you're doing something wrong or are in the wrong place. If you think that the cops just have a hard on for you, then you might want to get help with that.

NO, what you said was wankitudinous speculation callig me a liar on an event you were not there to see. So fuck you.
I was once pulled over 3 x in one day by 3 different agencies....staters, tribal, and city, lol.

The third time, my ex was excessively pissed and the cop had the intelligence to get in his car and drive.

I think they were looking for a car like mine, that's the only thing it could have been. But when they do that, why don't they just TELL you? Instead of making up some bogus shit like "Uh...it looked like you parked too close to the edge of the parking lot there"....EXCUSE ME???

I was once pulled over, just after leaving my house, and given EIGHT tickets -- at a time when I was on the way to a place of employment where I was in a dispute with management, who would have known where I lived and when I'd be leaving.

In other words, somebody called in a favor to harass me.

This was in New Orleans though, so I just picked up the phone and called my own favors in and got all 8 tickets dropped.

Leave it to Beaver here won't believe that one either. These kids today...

Well, you did get 8 tickets.

I had no idea you were so criminal...and contentious! You go, Pogo, you psycho serial killer dude you!

I used to clean the Police showers at the local Public Safety Bldg. A few times I encountered officers who had not responded to my knocking, and I was always like "Wow, no wonder!"

Somebody has to do it. It paid well too. Better than I made working in an office.

Speaking for myself, I'm neither anti or pro cop. Some of them have attitudes and some of them are decent. But when the culture is corrupt, the good cops are outnumbered and those that fight the system can be found floating in the river. The Sylvester Stallone movie "Copland" is very good at depicting the kind of culture I'm talking about, that everyone knows is dominant in the Northeast.

But bottom line is....its a profession involving guns and drugs and fighting and shitty hours and drunks and dead bodies and heartbreaking scenes.

10, 000 new hires with impeccable backgrounds and the highest nobility and intentions could join.

And its inevitable that 50-100 are gonna snap or turn bad. Its just a human flaw.

Such a situation is not conducive to law and order, and will inevitably hamper their efforts to solve crime. There has to be a way to weed out the bad ones, or they will always be a few extra steps behind.

Go fuck yourself then.

You're getting a little touchy. What I said was fact. Lots of people involved in crime have no idea why the police are "out to get them" and don the persecution mantel, but the truth is, negative police contacts are highly unlikely unless you're doing something wrong or are in the wrong place. If you think that the cops just have a hard on for you, then you might want to get help with that.

NO, what you said was wankitudinous speculation callig me a liar on an event you were not there to see. So fuck you.
I was once pulled over 3 x in one day by 3 different agencies....staters, tribal, and city, lol.

The third time, my ex was excessively pissed and the cop had the intelligence to get in his car and drive.

I think they were looking for a car like mine, that's the only thing it could have been. But when they do that, why don't they just TELL you? Instead of making up some bogus shit like "Uh...it looked like you parked too close to the edge of the parking lot there"....EXCUSE ME???

I was once pulled over, just after leaving my house, and given EIGHT tickets -- at a time when I was on the way to a place of employment where I was in a dispute with management, who would have known where I lived and when I'd be leaving.

In other words, somebody called in a favor to harass me.

This was in New Orleans though, so I just picked up the phone and called my own favors in and got all 8 tickets dropped.

Leave it to Beaver here won't believe that one either. These kids today...

Well, you did get 8 tickets.

I had no idea you were so criminal...and contentious! You go, Pogo, you psycho serial killer dude you!

Not at all -- it was New Orleans, most corrupt city we have. I knew what the game was even while I was sitting there waiting for the tickets to be written out. And I knew who I would call to have them expunged (and he did it for free, as I said, "favors").

Yes, the cops had it in for you. They hated you so much on a personal level that they were willing to jeopardize a time critical investigation. They don't just hate black people, they hate you in particular.

Actually, they do not like people who assert their rights as citizens, or anyone who appears more manly than they are. Probably because they are hopelessly insecure due to their poor upbringing, or physical... um... limitations.

Which nicely segues back to my point about police outside this country being much less harassive. It's not so much a cop problem -- it's a masculinity problem.

One might even say it's a problem with their culture.

In that part of the country. Northeast law enforcement have been notoriously corrupt for several decades and there's still a mafia like feel to how they handle things. Bribes, kickbacks, dropguns, and covering for each other, it's hard to shake off those shadows. It's like that in Chicago too. I live on the other side of the country where the cops are far more honest, law abiding, and humble. It is a different culture, I agree.

I don't live that far from Idaho.

Idaho once. She was damn good too.
rimshot.gif

Wait...you said it was late at night in your residential neighborhood. ....and you said they just "salivated" when they heard the killer fled on Germantown Avenue.

So...it happened on Germantown. ...and you live near there...as you said it was late at night in your "residential neighborhood".

But...earlier you said it was far away from where it occurred...and it wasnt in the area you live.

Now...it was on Germantown Avenue...near where you live.

Dude.....story keeps changing.

Yes it does.

So now...killing happened on Germantown Avenue...he says they salivated when they heard killer fled on Germantown. ...and he was walking late at night "in my residential neighborhood"....rather than commuting through an area he doesnt live.

Sounds like murdered happened near where he lives...late at night...he was out alone....and other than being a bit taller and skinnier....he probably fit somewhat to what the stressed out witness initially described.

Now its making sense.

You have any idea how far Germantown Avenue goes? No, I thought not. It runs from just above Center City all the way out to Mt. Airy (where I lived) and Chestnut Hill. That was the trolley I took (the 23). It runs the length-- on the longest direction possble-- of a physically very large city. Takes an hour to an hour and a half to make one run in one direction. See for yourself.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,YdAdU69GccOp-_IbeuPNcM-V0qX4u6RBbH_StSw5DbhwupQ2wIYdlVhVruUqnnyinRxvrlzjwof1-l-cTYNAhZYvwLtZOw3GcNWfN0C0sKRwWwekHxJ6o9a6feWyS_Ui43EVgEXWl8M58JGf8X1II4dIdAo7fu_vW474BA5oXzjLc6Vgr7QKMX16pWBHamRz-bP-xhTL8s7K5fyGVtGs0QLDpF-Mn1Rn

(green arrow means nothing -- I found it that way)​

My neighborhood was entirely residential; the area they took me back down the Avenue to was entirely different. Had I walked from that spot to where they accosted me (walking) it prolly would have taken at least half an hour.

Nothing "changes" in this story. There is no "so now..." The fact is, Germantown Avenue goes through a lot -- from upscale neighborhoods (Chestnut Hill) to residential neighborhoods like where I lived, to bars like the one down the road where we went, to some seedy areas further downtown. All the same street. These cops and I -- we never left Germantown Avenue except to turn into the bar. And I never anywhere said I was "commuting though an area where I don't live".

Sorry, I don't allow revisionist history.

Last edited:
Actually, they do not like people who assert their rights as citizens, or anyone who appears more manly than they are. Probably because they are hopelessly insecure due to their poor upbringing, or physical... um... limitations.

Which nicely segues back to my point about police outside this country being much less harassive. It's not so much a cop problem -- it's a masculinity problem.

In that part of the country. Northeast law enforcement have been notoriously corrupt for several decades and there's still a mafia like feel to how they handle things. Bribes, kickbacks, dropguns, and covering for each other, it's hard to shake off those shadows. It's like that in Chicago too. I live on the other side of the country where the cops are far more honest, law abiding, and humble. It is a different culture, I agree.

rimshot.gif

Took me a moment because around here, vowels in state names are like half-pronounced.

Idəho

Woshəngtən

Orəgən

rimshot.gif

Took me a moment because around here, vowels in state names are like half-pronounced.

Idəho

Woshəngtən

Orəgən

Ah, the schwa.

Such a situation is not conducive to law and order, and will inevitably hamper their efforts to solve crime. There has to be a way to weed out the bad ones, or they will always be a few extra steps behind.

How would you suggest they weed out bad ones? No one else has succeeded. The military. The religious clergy. School teachers. All have their own criminals and bad apples that they couldnt weed out...until they ended up on page 1 news.

If you were Americas police czar. ...how would you suggest weeding out that 1%? The average length of a cops career....5 years. Yep. 50% quit within 5 years. So you're always sorting through new officers and dont know them that well...especially non unionized departments.

Hell...down here....its common for the most experienced patrolman to be only 2-3 years into it (not the sergeants and higher...just the boots on patrol).

How would you suggest they weed out bad ones? No one else has succeeded. The military. The religious clergy. School teachers. All have their own criminals and bad apples that they couldnt weed out...until they ended up on page 1 news.

If you were Americas police czar. ...how would you suggest weeding out that 1%? The average length of a cops career....5 years. Yep. 50% quit within 5 years. So you're always sorting through new officers and dont know them that well...especially non unionized departments.

Hell...down here....its common for the most experienced patrolman to be only 2-3 years into it (not the sergeants and higher...just the boots on patrol).

We're not talking about just bad cops, but systemic corruption in some police departments where the corrupt cops collude and good cops are fighting the system. Did you miss my reference to the movie "Copland"? It's an accurate portrayal of what some of these police communities are like in the Northeast and in Chicago. Weeding out bad cops is much easier when IA is on the up and up, but when the cops that are watching the cops are also corrupt, it makes for a culture of bad cops and a general fear among the public of their own police force.

We're not talking about just bad cops, but systemic corruption in some police departments where the corrupt cops collude and good cops are fighting the system. Did you miss my reference to the movie "Copland"? It's an accurate portrayal of what some of these police communities are like in the Northeast and in Chicago. Weeding out bad cops is much easier when IA is on the up and up, but when the cops that are watching the cops are also corrupt, it makes for a culture of bad cops and a general fear among the public of their own police force.

Right, the odd Frank Serpico out there doesn't have much of a chance.

There are things that could help; local review boards, mandatory reporting of use of force, limiting power of police unions, cooperative programs between police and the public, continuing education opportunities for officers, and greater federal oversight, for a start.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back