The Big Anti-Cop Lie.

It isn't any sort of math. She takes a figure of 42% (which as noted earlier, is NOWHERE in the data cited) which if true would amount to 11.34 total police officers (!!!) and subtracts 13% of US population, or 42,108,000 total persons (!!!) and somehow comes to the conclusion that the difference between 11.34 and 42,108,000 somehow equals 29% (!!!!!)

Either she is completely mentally challenged, OR she is deliberately trying to deceive an obviously gullible readership.

In actuality, there were 14 high-profile shootings of unarmed African Americans in 2014 alone, which is 2.66 total persons more than the figure 11.34 total persons cited (perhaps erroneously) in the OP for number of police killed by African Americans.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police 1999-2014

Lol...progressive math. It's funny to even think of it.

So, are you going to tell me that you believe that the difference between 11 and 42,108,000 equals 29%? You are actually going to stick to that?

Edited to add: and that assumes that the 42% figure is accurate, for the sake of discussion

I never said that, silly.

But carry on, lol.

So you admit that the math in the article was complete bunk?
No, I admit your math is bunk, and that you're a liar when you deliberately misrepresent what was said. But you know that. Or you don't.

Are we at least able to agree that 14 is greater than 11?

He says that he didn't know about the homicide investigation until later events after claiming in post 64 that one of the cops told him they were investigating a homicide. Perhaps he should have rehearsed this better to iron out all the inconsistencies.

Yeah...I can kinda daydream about how his incident went. The only part that may be a legit gripe is the cops didnt ID themselves immediately or didnt do it well enough. Thats a pet peeve of mine with a few cops...gotta ID yourself so the person knows you're a cop...particularly undercover guys.

The rest? Sounds like a special police unit trying to catch a killer who just murdered someone. They dont waste time stopping people who look NOTHING like the description or who are to far away to have been the killer.

And that's exactly what these guys did. Which leads one to wonder, how far away did the actual shooter, who fit the actual description, get away while they were farting around with me?

Yes, the cops had it in for you. They hated you so much on a personal level that they were willing to jeopardize a time critical investigation. They don't just hate black people, they hate you in particular.

Actually, they do not like people who assert their rights as citizens, or anyone who appears more manly than they are. Probably because they are hopelessly insecure due to their poor upbringing, or physical... um... limitations.

What limitations?

He says that he didn't know about the homicide investigation until later events after claiming in post 64 that one of the cops told him they were investigating a homicide. Perhaps he should have rehearsed this better to iron out all the inconsistencies.

Yeah...I can kinda daydream about how his incident went. The only part that may be a legit gripe is the cops didnt ID themselves immediately or didnt do it well enough. Thats a pet peeve of mine with a few cops...gotta ID yourself so the person knows you're a cop...particularly undercover guys.

The rest? Sounds like a special police unit trying to catch a killer who just murdered someone. They dont waste time stopping people who look NOTHING like the description or who are to far away to have been the killer.

And that's exactly what these guys did. Which leads one to wonder, how far away did the actual shooter, who fit the actual description, get away while they were farting around with me?

What was the description vs how you looked? Im curious how far off it was.

What I heard the witness say was, "oh, no nothing like that -- this guy was much shorter and fatter, had a Southern accent".
-- none of which describe me.

So...is there a chance that you were similar. .but when he saw you...realized you oobviously werent him?

I did dozens of "ride by" identification stops in Atlanta. Happens daily.

Victims would say 6'1 200 pound white guy wearing jeans. We'd find a 6'0 215 white guy with jeans. Victim would say "oh no...this guy was way shorter and heavier".

I believe you when you say you didnt fit the description. But I can tell you from vast experience. ...a victim is traumatized and their mind plays tricks under stress.

Ive seen the description of suspects change drastically in height and weight...even race a couple times...as the witness/victim overcomes the sympathetic nervous system adrenaline dump and their mind clarifies.

Id bet my dogs life on it that you were in fact similar to the original description and that the witness changed a bit. Especially considering far more cops than those few were out scooping up anyone even CLOSE to similar.

I will say...I believe you didnt match and I believe the "shorter and fatter" part. But I can say with almost certainty that you were similar to the original description or they wouldnt have wasted time on you.

That's a nicely constructed reasoned point. But I can't agree. Everything they did with me was impulsive. My read is they heard "shooter got away, Germantown Avenue" and just salivated, details be damned. It was fairly late at night in my residential neighborhood (about 11pm) and I was literally the only soul outside. There was no one else to choose from.

What I didn't mention was I had to be back up at 4am the next morning to go back down to work, and somehow get some sleep in between...

Yes, the cops had it in for you. They hated you so much on a personal level that they were willing to jeopardize a time critical investigation. They don't just hate black people, they hate you in particular.

Actually, they do not like people who assert their rights as citizens, or anyone who appears more manly than they are. Probably because they are hopelessly insecure due to their poor upbringing, or physical... um... limitations.

Which nicely segues back to my point about police outside this country being much less harassive. It's not so much a cop problem -- it's a masculinity problem.

One might even say it's a problem with their culture.

In that part of the country. Northeast law enforcement have been notoriously corrupt for several decades and there's still a mafia like feel to how they handle things. Bribes, kickbacks, dropguns, and covering for each other, it's hard to shake off those shadows. It's like that in Chicago too. I live on the other side of the country where the cops are far more honest, law abiding, and humble. It is a different culture, I agree.

What limitations?

Length, girth, duration... only being able to be aroused by aggressive acts... any or all of the above.

What limitations?

Length, girth, duration... only being able to be aroused by aggressive acts... any or all of the above.

Ok, you're making me laugh

hahaha-024.gif

What I heard the witness say was, "oh, no nothing like that -- this guy was much shorter and fatter, had a Southern accent".

So...is there a chance that you were similar. .but when he saw you...realized you oobviously werent him?

Victims would say 6'1 200 pound white guy wearing jeans. We'd find a 6'0 215 white guy with jeans. Victim would say "oh no...this guy was way shorter and heavier".

I believe you when you say you didnt fit the description. But I can tell you from vast experience. ...a victim is traumatized and their mind plays tricks under stress.

Ive seen the description of suspects change drastically in height and weight...even race a couple times...as the witness/victim overcomes the sympathetic nervous system adrenaline dump and their mind clarifies.

Id bet my dogs life on it that you were in fact similar to the original description and that the witness changed a bit. Especially considering far more cops than those few were out scooping up anyone even CLOSE to similar.

I will say...I believe you didnt match and I believe the "shorter and fatter" part. But I can say with almost certainty that you were similar to the original description or they wouldnt have wasted time on you.

That's a nicely constructed reasoned point. But I can't agree. Everything they did with me was impulsive. My read is they heard "shooter got away, Germantown Avenue" and just salivated, details be damned. It was fairly late at night in my residential neighborhood (about 11pm) and I was literally the only soul outside. There was no one else to choose from.

What I didn't mention was I had to be back up at 4am the next morning to go back down to work, and somehow get some sleep in between...

You still don't see how ridiculous it is to claim the cops had it in for you and were bypassing far more likely suspects just to fuck with you?

Which nicely segues back to my point about police outside this country being much less harassive. It's not so much a cop problem -- it's a masculinity problem.

One might even say it's a problem with their culture.

In that part of the country. Northeast law enforcement have been notoriously corrupt for several decades and there's still a mafia like feel to how they handle things. Bribes, kickbacks, dropguns, and covering for each other, it's hard to shake off those shadows. It's like that in Chicago too. I live on the other side of the country where the cops are far more honest, law abiding, and humble. It is a different culture, I agree.

I don't live that far from Idaho.

Ok thats fair enough and we can agree to disagree. Ive dealt with hundreds of victims and witnesses...and every cop comes to that same wow moment...of realizing how much a victims initial description can sometimes change as they calm down and just how innacurate people are with height weight and other descriptors.

And...I agree...if you were alone at night while they were looking for a fleeing killer....the chances you get stopped increased a lot...regardless of description.

What limitations?

hahaha-024.gif

I used to clean the Police showers at the local Public Safety Bldg. A few times I encountered officers who had not responded to my knocking, and I was always like "Wow, no wonder!"

Wait...you said it was late at night in your residential neighborhood. ....and you said they just "salivated" when they heard the killer fled on Germantown Avenue.

So...it happened on Germantown. ...and you live near there...as you said it was late at night in your "residential neighborhood".

But...earlier you said it was far away from where it occurred...and it wasnt in the area you live.

Now...it was on Germantown Avenue...near where you live.

Dude.....story keeps changing.

What limitations?

hahaha-024.gif

I used to clean the Police showers at the local Public Safety Bldg. A few times I encountered officers who had not responded to my knocking, and I was always like "Wow, no wonder!"

Ha...you were their janitor. No wonder you're bitter.

Wait...you said it was late at night in your residential neighborhood. ....and you said they just "salivated" when they heard the killer fled on Germantown Avenue.

So...it happened on Germantown. ...and you live near there...as you said it was late at night in your "residential neighborhood".

But...earlier you said it was far away from where it occurred...and it wasnt in the area you live.

Yes it does.

What limitations?

hahaha-024.gif

Somebody has to do it. It paid well too. Better than I made working in an office.

Yes it does.

So now...killing happened on Germantown Avenue...he says they salivated when they heard killer fled on Germantown. ...and he was walking late at night "in my residential neighborhood"....rather than commuting through an area he doesnt live.

Sounds like murdered happened near where he lives...late at night...he was out alone....and other than being a bit taller and skinnier....he probably fit somewhat to what the stressed out witness initially described.

Now its making sense.

What limitations?

hahaha-024.gif

I used to work security and worked an event hosted by the sherriff's department. There was about 50 cops at the event, all getting hammered on libations at the refreshment table, and then when it was done, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM GOT INTO THEIR CARS AND DROVE AWAY.

They do think they're special.

What limitations?

hahaha-024.gif

Somebody has to do it. It paid well too. Better than I made working in an office.

Your anti cop attitude makes sense now.

hahaha-024.gif

Speaking for myself, I'm neither anti or pro cop. Some of them have attitudes and some of them are decent. But when the culture is corrupt, the good cops are outnumbered and those that fight the system can be found floating in the river. The Sylvester Stallone movie "Copland" is very good at depicting the kind of culture I'm talking about, that everyone knows is dominant in the Northeast.

hahaha-024.gif

I'm not anti-cop. I'm anti-bad-cop. Unfortunately, it seems that those are the majority. It was actually due to working around police that I encountered some genuinely decent ones, all of whom had rank, and probably little contact with the public.

hahaha-024.gif

Speaking for myself, I'm neither anti or pro cop. Some of them have attitudes and some of them are decent. But when the culture is corrupt, the good cops are outnumbered and those that fight the system can be found floating in the river. The Sylvester Stallone movie "Copland" is very good at depicting the kind of culture I'm talking about, that everyone knows is dominant in the Northeast.

I really think that the right has missed an opportunity to make that distinction, and to talk about the affect that public sector unions have on the situation. I'm all for free unions, but when they cause a danger to the public, their power must be limited.

Forum List

Back