The big C

WTF does your cancer have to do with Obamacare? If you don't have insurance, then I think Obamacare would be a benefit. If you do have insurance, how the hell does obamacare effect you?

Sorry you have cancer, I sincerely wish you the best...but again, how is obamacare effecting you.

Don't use a pity story to advance your political beliefs...give me the facts as to obamacare is hurting your treatment.

I predict crickets and more pleas for empathy from USMB members.

If you could think you wouldn't have said what you just did.

By the way, I dare you to fucking show me any fucking pity, it will be the last fucking time you ever fucking pity anyone.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that QW -- but like others on this board, I'll tell you it's NOT a single diagnosis. It's a journey. And the picture will look different everytime you interact with the docs.. Long process friend..

I was diagnosed with kidney cancer by 3 docs working me over. Told me I was curable if they ripped the kidney quickly -- which we did.. When I woke up with one kidney -- I didn't have kidney cancer anymore.. There was a 4 inch GIANT benign growth that was misdiagnosed.

Best wishes..... ASK QUESTIONS... I'll be thinking about you...

:eek:

they did not biopsy the growth before they did this to you flacaltenn?

They gave me all kinds of plausible reasons not to biopsy.. "It's too big", "We so certain", "The kidney is encapsulated by a separate tissue that prevents easy metastasis and we don't want to mess with it".. All good answers..

What I MISSED -- because I didn't ask the right questions --- is when they did a full body nuclear scan AND FOUND NOTHING --- why the cancer in the kidney didn't show on THAT test.. Had I asked that question, we might have had a different outcome ?? Maybe...

Never go into the hospital ALONE.. Somebody needs to review everything you're told and every major action that is done.. I've worked a large part of my life in Medical Devices, logged a bunch of hospital hours and procedures as an observer -- and that was my first time EVER as a patient..

WTF does your cancer have to do with Obamacare? If you don't have insurance, then I think Obamacare would be a benefit. If you do have insurance, how the hell does obamacare effect you?

Sorry you have cancer, I sincerely wish you the best...but again, how is obamacare effecting you.

Don't use a pity story to advance your political beliefs...give me the facts as to obamacare is hurting your treatment.

By the way, I dare you to fucking show me any fucking pity, it will be the last fucking time you ever fucking pity anyone.

[MENTION=47651]Nutz[/MENTION] will hereby be known as a lil' bitch. "Lil'" referring to his dick size.

I didn't have insurance. I do now. CenCal. I have no clue what happened. I found the lump hiding behind the other one that was dead fatty tissue, just beneath my nipple. Went to a gal I found thru the health department. She sent me to the hospital for a mamm, then she contacted the local whateveritwas, who got me on cencal. I went to have a biopsy and they had a paper I had to sign and I had no clue what it was nor cared. My mind was elsewhere. After the biopsy, I waited. A few days later, I think, I got the news. Cancer. Buffy, the first gal that got all this in motion, then contacted our local cancer society who talked to another society who worked with CenCal and local folks at Hearst Castle who fund folks diagnosed with cancer to help them financially.
It's all a blur from there even now. Saw the surgeon, met the radiologist, had the surgery, saw the oncologist after the surgery...and never saw a bill. Not one.

There are organizations that assist. Don't know about QW's neck of the woods, but if Obamacare fudges on some stuff, those organizations will kick in what is needed. At least they did for me.
MW's doc will inform him who does what....and so will the link I provided for Cancer.org. They will tell who he should see or talk to. Unless his doc does what Buffy did....and QW can concentrate on getting that thing gone instead of worrying about money.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that QW -- but like others on this board, I'll tell you it's NOT a single diagnosis. It's a journey. And the picture will look different everytime you interact with the docs.. Long process friend..

I was diagnosed with kidney cancer by 3 docs working me over. Told me I was curable if they ripped the kidney quickly -- which we did.. When I woke up with one kidney -- I didn't have kidney cancer anymore.. There was a 4 inch GIANT benign growth that was misdiagnosed.

They didn't me either before they cut into the pit of my manhood....

They gave me all kinds of plausible reasons not to biopsy.. "It's too big", "We so certain", "The kidney is encapsulated by a separate tissue that prevents easy metastasis and we don't want to mess with it".. All good answers..

What I MISSED -- because I didn't ask the right questions --- is when they did a full body nuclear scan AND FOUND NOTHING --- why the cancer in the kidney didn't show on THAT test.. Had I asked that question, we might have had a different outcome ?? Maybe...

Never go into the hospital ALONE.. Somebody needs to review everything you're told and every major action that is done.. I've worked a large part of my life in Medical Devices, logged a bunch of hospital hours and procedures as an observer -- and that was my first time EVER as a patient..

its never a good idea to go in alone when talking about cancer... never. You as a patient can glaze over with the information...and quite literally go into shock.

I agree... there is a lot of hind site is 20/20 with some of this stuff..... I am sorry they did not ask the right questions after the nuclear scan.

Ive done my own dances with cancer...so know all of this....all to well.

I figured out already that I can't do this alone. I have so many questions I can't possibly process them in a way that I can ask them, I need help. The only way I am going to be able to deal with this is focus on the little things along the way, and let someone else handle the big picture.

I don't know you and I'm not showing you any fucking pity. Then again, I do have pity for you...I have pity for you because you are using your cancer to attack obamacare and you can't show how it is relevant. A lot of people have cancer...you specifically attacked obamacare in your OP....how is obamacare effecting your treatment.

I figured out already that I can't do this alone. I have so many questions I can't possibly process them in a way that I can ask them, I need help. The only way I am going to be able to deal with this is focus on the little things along the way, and let someone else handle the big picture.

no one can do cancer alone..... no one.

And even if they want to.... they should not.

I kept a notepad, MW. Questions I had....answers given and by whom and when. It's a BIG folder now. Hubby went with me every time, in case my eyes glazed over. Which they did. Often. I googled all the time. I asked questions on the board I was on. I googled some more. I called cancer.org A LOT. I called Buffy A LOT. Processing it was hard to do and I couldn't remember everything I was told. Eventually...I had my wits about me. Takes time. Just deal with it when you can, let go when you can't and be like Scarlett. Think about it tomorrow.

I don't know you and I'm not showing you any fucking pity. Then again, I do have pity for you...I have pity for you because you are using your cancer to attack obamacare and you can't show how it is relevant. A lot of people have cancer...you specifically attacked obamacare in your OP....how is obamacare effecting your treatment.

You are a fucktard. But...you do have potential as a chew toy for QW, so....put up your dukes, asswipe. He ain't alone.

Last edited:
Just found out I have it, but all you fuckwads are still going to have to put up with me anyway. The best part is I am going to be able to describe, in detail, exactly what is wrong with Obamacare and why everyone who supported it should be drawn and quartered.

How sad to be stricken with cancer and still be so mean spirited. :(

Just found out I have it, but all you fuckwads are still going to have to put up with me anyway. The best part is I am going to be able to describe, in detail, exactly what is wrong with Obamacare and why everyone who supported it should be drawn and quartered.

Sorry to hear you have cancer.
I've been consistent regarding my opposition to Obamacare but when it comes to who should be "drawn and quartered", I think about the people who bend over a let the healthcare industry butt fuck them for decades with out-of-control price increases and substandard care. And what's up with over 400,000 preventable medical industry patient deaths annually?

just wondering esme.... have you ever had cancer?

How good to still be so spirited in spite of being stricken with cancer.

This is a raucous, hyperbolic political board. Was last week, will be next week. QW is in keeping with the spirit of the board.

I would not want to face death being angry and mean spirited. The world is not actually divided into right and left. The world is not a partisan wasteland. Not so life either. To be angry and use your illness to try to prove a partisan point is sad, very sad. I have faced cancer in that my closest loved one died of it.

I would not want to face death being angry and mean spirited. The world is not actually divided into right and left. The world is not a partisan wasteland. Not so life either. To be angry and use your illness to try to prove a partisan point is sad, very sad. I have faced cancer in that my closest loved one died of it.

that was not my question hun...i asked if you yourself have ever had it.

After the shock of being told you have an aggressive cancer..... there is quite a bit of anger...lashing out. People deal with that cancer different ways.

b9d96ab669dcacf1425d7023f5b1b24f.jpg

Forum List

Back