The biggest asshole in America

oh, and that center line is for nothing more than showing you what that storm may be at that given point in time. It has nothing to do with where the center will hit.

Post #290:
Ray Nagin was never a Democrat

Post #296:
Nagin was and is a Republican who ran as a Democrat

You truly are one of the biggest fuck'n assholes in the world. God damn I hate assholes like you. Grow up. Stop being such an abrasive asshole looking for a fight because mommy & daddy brainwashed you with an ideology that cannot be defended.

If Ray Nagin was "not" a Democrat, the party would NEVER have allowed him to run as such, ya fuck'n moron....

Last edited:
Seriously?? I happen to live in a hurricane zone so don't even go there. I choose to educate myself. There is a really good forum around that could do the same for you, dear. Living in a hurricane zone you are responsible for doing just that - not have the government hold your hand for you.

Why is it some always have to resort to insults when they know they can't make a good argument?

Then what is the point of this patronizing bullshit map? What is the point of defending a cretin who claims we were warned about Katrina before she was even born??

So you want to get semantic here, rather than deal with the cold hard facts. Doesn't matter whether he got the days wrong or not, you had not educated yourself if you think there was not the possibility of your being hit until 3 days out. The odds were for you to be as soon as 5 days out.

I'm not sure what the point is here, or if there is one. Again, Rottenshitter claimed that authorities were warning about levee breaks a week out, i.e. before Katrina was even a depression. What I keep telling him is that that is impossible. That's all there is to this. And we did all this a month ago.

Now if you want to dispute the existence of linear time and claim that authorities were in fact warning about a storm that did not yet exist, have at it.... :cuckoo:

I love the way these posers living in Bumfuck Idaho traipse in here purporting to educate us on how a hurricane map works, eight years later...
images
:lmao:
images
:rofl:

Rottbigot's point was that we were given warnings about the levees before Katrina was even born. Try looking up a chart of linear time.

Yep, we who lived through it have quite a different memory of it than the retards who are trying to revise history.

All of the weather wizards had it going to Mobile or Pensacola until about 30 hours before it hit NOLA.

Even as bad as it was, it would have been no big deal if the levees had held---we can thank the corps of engineers for that.

you seem to think you are exclusive to who lived through it. Revise history? I guess you haven't ever seen a storm change course within 3 days have you? And if you haven't then you are definitely not paying enough attention, living in a hurricane zone. Personal responsibility is to know what is happening with one when it gets anywhere near your neck of the woods. Pensicola is 199 miles from New Orleans. Equal to the span of the storm before it grew. Seems since the cones western edge if the center chose to go there would have had you in its cross hairs. You would have known that if you had educated yourself. That cone represents a body of error only. Not where the center will definitively go.

Definition of the NHC Track Forecast Cone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition:

The cone represents the probable track of the center of a tropical cyclone, and is formed by enclosing the area swept out by a set of circles (not shown) along the forecast track (at 12, 24, 36 hours, etc). The size of each circle is set so that two-thirds of historical official forecast errors over a 5-year sample fall within the circle. The circle radii defining the cones in 2011 for the Atlantic and eastern North Pacific basins are given in the table below.

One can also examine historical tracks to determine how often the entire 5-day path of a cyclone remains completely within the area of the cone. This is a different perspective that ignores most timing errors. For example, a storm moving very slowly but in the expected direction would still be within the area of the cone, even though the track forecast error could be very large. Based on forecasts over the previous 5 years, the entire track of the tropical cyclone can be expected to remain within the cone roughly 60-70% of the time.

Radii of NHC forecast cone circles for 2011, based on error statistics from 2006-2010:

2/3 Probability Circle,

Forecast Period
(hours)

12 24 36 48 72 96 120
Atlantic Basin
(nautical miles)
36 59 79 98 144 190 239

So if the center decides to go to that western edge the forecast could still be off by 190 miles at 5 days. At 5 days you were forecast to be in the hurricane wind span if it indeed did hit that western most point.

I am well aware of the cone of probability and all that crap. The facts on Katrina are that the cone did not even include New Orleans until it was at the mouth of the river. Then the incompetent Blanco and the criminal Nagin screwed up every aspect of trying to save the city and its residents, the corps of engineers and the levee boards were negligent in maintaining the levees and pumping stations.

I lived through the storm and the aftermath, so don't try to get cute with me on the facts.

So FEMA was told by Bush to let them rot? Come on Sallow, give it a break, some of what you post is beyond ridiculous.

Then what is the point of this patronizing bullshit map? What is the point of defending a cretin who claims we were warned about Katrina before she was even born??

So you want to get semantic here, rather than deal with the cold hard facts. Doesn't matter whether he got the days wrong or not, you had not educated yourself if you think there was not the possibility of your being hit until 3 days out. The odds were for you to be as soon as 5 days out.

I'm not sure what the point is here, or if there is one. Again, Rottenshitter claimed that authorities were warning about levee breaks a week out, i.e. before Katrina was even a depression. What I keep telling him is that that is impossible. That's all there is to this. And we did all this a month ago.

Now if you want to dispute the existence of linear time and claim that authorities were in fact warning about a storm that did not yet exist, have at it.... :cuckoo:

I think the point is that discussions about what kind of hurricane NOLA could take have been had EVERY time a storm gets into the Gulf. The consensus being that anything bigger than a Cat 3 could possibly breach the levee system. It's not like NOLA folks didn't know what kind of a sump pit they lived in.

"Being prepared" in that kind of situation would be having your necessities set aside for 'bugout' as soon as that bitch hit the West Coast of Florida. When the track moved 50 miles west before that bitch turned right you should have gassed up the tank and broke out the duct tape for the windows. And as soon as they said NOLA was the probable landfall your ass should have been heading to Shreveport.

Post #290:

Post #296:

You truly are one of the biggest fuck'n assholes in the world. God damn I hate assholes like you. Grow up. Stop being such an abrasive asshole looking for a fight because mommy & daddy brainwashed you with an ideology that cannot be defended.

If Ray Nagin was "not" a Democrat, the party would NEVER have allowed him to run as such, ya fuck'n moron....

I already know simple concepts are over your dense head so I'll try not to use big words...

Ray Nagin has always been a Republican. He ran on the Democratic ticket in order to get himself elected. Nagin was hardly the only one to go this route. Republican Ron Forman did exactly the same thing for the 2002 primary. Nagin was a known supporter of George W. Bush and of Bobby Jindal (when he ran unsuccessfully for governor against Kathleen Blanco in 2003). IIRC he also backed Suzanne Haik Terrell (R) against Mary Landrieu (D) in the Senate election of '02.

20031107005055.jpg

He did not seek any other public office prior to his election in 2002. More controversially, Nagin had actually been a registered Republican for most of his adult life, having switched to the Democrats shortly before seeking office, for which his candidacy was branded as opportunistic in the solidly Democrat city.
(source)

Why do they do that? Because the last Republican to hold the office of Mayor in New Orleans was Benjamin Flanders, who took office in 1870. And Flanders was the second of two, total. A candidate's electability in New Orleans very much depends on whether your name has a D or and R after it. That's simplistic moron electorate thinking, but it is the reality, and Ray Nagin made sure to change his R to a D before election day.

What does all of this have to do with Katrina?

Absolutely nothing.

Again, party affiliation or political ideology has no bearing on how some official handles a crisis. A natural disaster requires immediate actions, not political philosophies. It requires having a leader who can think on his feet and motivate people to get things done. It requires character. Nagin was really not deeply involved with the Republican Party, and not at all involved with the Democratic Party. What Nagin was involved with, and deeply loyal to, was the Opportunist Party. And now after trying to slip under the radar living anonymously in Dallas, that opportunism has come back to bite him in the ass with a corruption indictment.

But you and your gaggle of simplistic morons insist on pinning red or blue labels on everybody and then pointing to them with praise or disdain depending on whether the color is a D or an R, and this time it came back to bite you in the ass. In other words you're practicing exactly the same simplistic moron political thinking as the electorate of New Orleans who dismiss a candidate because of the letter after his name. You're no different from them. At all.

Let that be a lesson about simplistic labeling.

(/offtopic)

Last edited:
You are a legend in your own mind, and that is a dead on label.

You were the same other webites kid...deal with it.

Post #290:

Post #296:

I already know simple concepts are over your dense head so I'll try not to use big words...

Ray Nagin has always been a Republican. He ran on the Democratic ticket in order to get himself elected. Nagin was hardly the only one to go this route. Republican Ron Forman did exactly the same thing for the 2002 primary. Nagin was a known supporter of George W. Bush and of Bobby Jindal (when he ran unsuccessfully for governor against Kathleen Blanco in 2003). IIRC he also backed Suzanne Haik Terrell (R) against Mary Landrieu (D) in the Senate election of '02.

20031107005055.jpg

He did not seek any other public office prior to his election in 2002. More controversially, Nagin had actually been a registered Republican for most of his adult life, having switched to the Democrats shortly before seeking office, for which his candidacy was branded as opportunistic in the solidly Democrat city.
(source)

Why do they do that? Because the last Republican to hold the office of Mayor in New Orleans was Benjamin Flanders, who took office in 1870. And Flanders was the second of two, total. A candidate's electability in New Orleans very much depends on whether your name has a D or and R after it. That's simplistic moron electorate thinking, but it is the reality, and Ray Nagin made sure to change his R to a D before election day.

What does all of this have to do with Katrina?

Absolutely nothing.

Again, party affiliation or political ideology has no bearing on how some official handles a crisis. A natural disaster requires immediate actions, not political philosophies. It requires having a leader who can think on his feet and motivate people to get things done. It requires character. Nagin was really not deeply involved with the Republican Party, and not at all involved with the Democratic Party. What Nagin was involved with, and deeply loyal to, was the Opportunist Party. And now after trying to slip under the radar living anonymously in Dallas, that opportunism has come back to bite him in the ass with a corruption indictment.

But you and your gaggle of simplistic morons insist on pinning red or blue labels on everybody and then pointing to them with praise or disdain depending on whether the color is a D or an R, and this time it came back to bite you in the ass. In other words you're practicing exactly the same simplistic moron political thinking as the electorate of New Orleans who dismiss a candidate because of the letter after his name. You're no different from them. At all.

Let that be a lesson about simplistic labeling.

(/offtopic)

I think the point is that discussions about what kind of hurricane NOLA could take have been had EVERY time a storm gets into the Gulf. The consensus being that anything bigger than a Cat 3 could possibly breach the levee system. It's not like NOLA folks didn't know what kind of a sump pit they lived in.

"Being prepared" in that kind of situation would be having your necessities set aside for 'bugout' as soon as that bitch hit the West Coast of Florida. When the track moved 50 miles west before that bitch turned right you should have gassed up the tank and broke out the duct tape for the windows. And as soon as they said NOLA was the probable landfall your ass should have been heading to Shreveport.

Strangely put, but we all did all that. Except the Shreveport part -- that would have taken forever; it's a long way. New Orleanians are always ready for that, and used to making the trip; for some reason most folks I know always head for Baton Rouge, automatically. I don't know why. Me I went up the river into southwest Mississippi. I took not only my ass, but other body parts, some provisions, a friend who needed a ride, and her dog. Oh and their other body parts.

Anyway the point of contention that was here (a month ago, I don't know why the dog went digging it up) was that RotGut was insisting that authorities were warning of levee breaches a week before the storm, meaning before Katrina was even born. Then he says he would have been ready to go in 20 minutes. The other New Orleanian here asked him "what would you bring", he thought about it for a month and came up blank. That's the level of mentality we're dealing with here.

Last edited:

Strangely put, but we all did all that. Except the Shreveport part -- that would have taken forever; it's a long way. New Orleanians are always ready for that, and used to making the trip; for some reason most folks I know always head for Baton Rouge, automatically. I don't know why. Me I went up the river into southwest Mississippi. I took not only my ass, but other body parts, some provisions, a friend who needed a ride, and her dog. Oh and their other body parts.

Anyway the point of contention that was here (a month ago, I don't know why the dog went digging it up) was that RotGut was insisting that authorities were warning of levee breaches a week before the storm, meaning before Katrina was even born. Then he says he would have been ready to go in 20 minutes. The other New Orleanian here asked him "what would you bring", he thought about it for a month and came up blank. That's the level of mentality we're dealing with here.

I kinda remember that, but it matters so little to me that I won't go back through the thread.

I've got milk crates (easy to carry, pack and stack), one pre-packed with MRE's, Chef Boyardi, etc., two with water (4 gal. each), one with toiletries, batteries, flashlights, and first aid, and one with all my misc. camping stuff. I can get them all in my trunk with my tents, sleeping bags and tarps.

Takes me 20 minutes to pack it. :D

I kinda remember that, but it matters so little to me that I won't go back through the thread.

I've got milk crates (easy to carry, pack and stack), one pre-packed with MRE's, Chef Boyardi, etc., two with water (4 gal. each), one with toiletries, batteries, flashlights, and first aid, and one with all my misc. camping stuff. I can get them all in my trunk with my tents, sleeping bags and tarps.

what would you do if you had no car?

Good point. I made sure to take such a person with my evacuation, which is just the responsible thing to do. And I was gonna say, your milk crate of supplies may take 20 minutes but it ain't all you have to do even if you do have a car. You've got your house to board up/get stuff off the floor (if you're even home when you get the word, if not go home first); your family members and/or friends and pets to round up; your suitcase and medications and important documents to pack (things that can't be sitting indefinitely in a milk crate), your other car(s) to put somewhere they won't flood, all that stuff and then allowing time for the exit itself.

It's easy for Rottenheimer to sit on his Barkalounger and spit out claims of 20 minutes, when he's not actually doing anything. We could all sit here and claim we're out in five minutes. Doesn't make it realistic.

Last edited:

Ride with a friend... But I haven't been without a car for 40 years. (Except for repair time, that is...)

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

While the Governor of Louisiana was where?

Oh, that's right - he fled the State.

Thanks

Actually... it was she... Kathleen Babbling Blanco... the pride of New Iberia.

Man, you went to the Wayback Machine to find that post. I remember schooling him on that ignant thing at the time. I'm not even sure it was this year...?

Good point. I made sure to take such a person with my evacuation, which is just the responsible thing to do. And I was gonna say, your milk crate of supplies may take 20 minutes but it ain't all you have to do even if you do have a car. You've got your house to board up/get stuff off the floor (if you're even home when you get the word, if not go home first); your family members and/or friends and pets to round up; your suitcase and medications and important documents to pack (things that can't be sitting indefinitely in a milk crate), your other car(s) to put somewhere they won't flood, all that stuff and then allowing time for the exit itself.

It's easy for Rottenheimer to sit on his Barkalounger and spit out claims of 20 minutes, when he's not actually doing anything. We could all sit here and claim we're out in five minutes. Doesn't make it realistic.

About the time Katrina was west of Ft. Myers I'd be boarding windows and raising what I could. I'd rather put it up unnecessarily than to have to rush it with 8 hours til landfall. There wouldn't be any 'rounding up' people, my family knows where to be in an emergency. Documents live in a portable, fireproof safe.

It's called "The Rule of Seven 'P's...

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

About the time Katrina was west of Ft. Myers I'd be boarding windows and raising what I could. I'd rather put it up unnecessarily than to have to rush it with 8 hours til landfall. There wouldn't be any 'rounding up' people, my family knows where to be in an emergency. Documents live in a portable, fireproof safe.

None of this is in question here. I and other people I knew simply got ready and evacuated. There were no issues, nothing forgotten or anything like that. It was just the Rottenshiller here who was making up fake timelines and fake scenarios eight years later that I corrected.

It's not even what the thread was about; the thread was supposedly about Harry Reid. Strangely enough in the beginning Rottenheimer was defending Katrinites, and now he's turned completely around 180º. He's got no clue what he's howling about.

Last edited:
Post #290:

Post #296:

Ray Nagin has always been a Republican. He ran on the Democratic ticket in order to get himself elected.

Right - and the Democrat party just allowed him to join, then they jumped right behind him and got him elected. :cuckoo:

Dude - you got caught being WRONG. Be a big boy, put your big boy pants on, and just admit you were wrong. Posting a picture of him holding a Jindahl shirt proves NOTHING. Maybe Jindahl presented him that shirt as a joke. Maybe he supported Jindahl because Jindahl made some political promises to him.

At the end of the day, if a man joins the Democrat party, runs as a Democrat, and wins as a Democrat, he is a fucking Democrat.

But you and your gaggle of simplistic morons insist on pinning red or blue labels on everybody

Vintage liberal idiot "answer". Don't "pin labels on me, maaaaaan". We didn't pin anything on politicians, they pin themselves when they join a party (like Ray Nagin did when he joined the Democrat party).

Last edited:

None of this is in question here. I and other people I knew simply got ready and evacuated. There were no issues, nothing forgotten or anything like that. It was just the Rottenshiller here who was making up fake timelines and fake scenarios eight years later that I corrected.

It's not even what the thread was about; the thread was supposedly about Harry Reid. Strangely enough in the beginning Rottenheimer was defending Katrinites, and now he's turned completely around 180º. He's got no clue what he's howling about.

Actually, it was idiot liberals like YOU who changed this thread (claiming Bush was "the biggest asshole in America" and citing the deaths of Hurrican Katrina, as if they were his fault). It's a damn shame you're too lazy to read from the beginning so you can get your facts straight.

But then again, as we can see from your posts, you really don't care about facts anyway. The reality is, you're getting your ass handed to you as people step forward with more and more facts that are proving everything you've been claiming is bullshit - so you're trying to backpedal and change the subject yet again.

A man can admit when he was wrong. Says a lot about you, doesn't it?

Post #290:

Post #296:

Ray Nagin has always been a Republican. He ran on the Democratic ticket in order to get himself elected.

Right - and the Democrat party just allowed him to join, then they jumped right behind him and got him elected. :cuckoo:

Dude - you got caught being WRONG. Be a big boy, put your big boy pants on, and just admit you were wrong. Posting a picture of him holding a Jindahl shirt proves NOTHING. Maybe Jindahl presented him that shirt as a joke. Maybe he supported Jindahl because Jindahl made some political promises to him.

At the end of the day, if a man joins the Democrat party, runs as a Democrat, and wins as a Democrat, he is a fucking Democrat.

But you and your gaggle of simplistic morons insist on pinning red or blue labels on everybody

Vintage liberal idiot "answer". Don't "pin labels on me, maaaaaan". We didn't pin anything on politicians, they pin themselves when they join a party (like Ray Nagin did when he joined the Democrat party).

No, the "Democrat Party" didn't "allow" anything, because there's no such thing. Get your nose out of Limblob's anus, because number one that's where you got that term, and number two, there's a nasty boil in there he used as an excuse to evade the military draft, so it's probably not a healthy place to sniff. The DemocratIC party played no role. Actually I can't remember when the party played a role in any mayoral election there. It's a personal contest, not a party one. Once again for the slow learners, nobody with an R after his name has been elected to that office in over 140 years. Duh.

The fact remains, Nagin's a Republican by his personal history and a "Democrat" by momentary opportunism. If your brain is too tiny to comprehend that --oh well. The label fixation is yours; you're the guys who insisted on labeling Nagin a "Democrat" in order to trash him; which, since your ignorance came back to bite you in the ass and you still go on with this, means your basis is not his ideology (or anybody's) but the simple letter after his name. That's your basis. Which makes your entire argument a pointless series of yowls and drooling.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back