Zone1 The biggest difference between Catholicism and Protestantism.

So logically that account must have been trying to say something else. So why are you so fixated by the literal account?
We've at least come to an understanding that we can LOL together about stories such as the big fish and Jonah story.

I wish I could progress that far with most of the others.

To their credit, most of them aren't buying it, but are not yet ready to say so. So what should I think they believe?

let's leave it at that for us. We can LOL together now that you've brought me up to speed on the bible bullsh-t.

We've at least come to an understanding that we can LOL together about stories such as the big fish and Jonah story.

I wish I could progress that far with most of the others.

To their credit, most of them aren't buying it, but are not yet ready to say so. So what should I think they believe?

let's leave it at that for us. We can LOL together now that you've brought me up to speed on the bible bullsh-t.
It's unlikely that you and I will come to terms on anything. The Bible is not bullshit. It's beyond your ability to comprehend. You are just as bad - if not worse - than the people you are trying to ridicule. You are either an idiot or a subversive. Take your pick.

It's unlikely that you and I will come to terms on anything. The Bible is not bullshit. It's beyond your ability to comprehend. You are just as bad - if not worse - than the people you are trying to ridicule. You are either an idiot or a subversive. Take your pick.
Since your offer of enlightenment on the bibles, I've come to accept both versions of the truth. The 'big fish and Jonah' is literally true and is a bullshit parable.

And furthermore my friend, a Catholic is permitted by his church to believe both stories and so why can't an atheist?

Since your offer of enlightenment on the bibles, I've come to accept both versions of the truth. The 'big fish and Jonah' is literally true and is a bullshit parable. And furthermore my friend, a Catholic is permitted by his church to believe both stories and so why can't an atheist?
You mean besides it's illogical to believe both when you believe neither? Maybe try restating that more accurately. Something like use both to further your religion of militant atheism. You aren't different from the fundamentalist you mock. You're just a different flavor.

You mean besides it's illogical to believe both when you believe neither?
Good point my friend on that which is illogical.
Maybe try restating that more accurately. Something like use both to further your religion of militant atheism. You aren't different from the fundamentalist you mock. You're just a different flavor.
I'm always tolerant of your beliefs and I've demonstrated that to be so. For the sake of not being intolerant I can say that I'm accepting both of your contrasting opinions.

To tell you what I honestly believe would be intolerant for no good reason.

That works for the Pope and the leading authorities in the Vatican too. They only believe one version but they publicly remain tolerant of both. Tolerance of the Catholic church is a very commendable trait!

They even know unequivocally that most priests are fkng their altar boys, but save hard feelings of others by not proclaiming it so!

Forum List

Back