Zone1 Mary's sinlessness

Then he wouldn't have needed to pass that obligation onto John. Read what he said. He made John her son. He made Mary John's mother.
If His brothers were there, He could have passed it onto them. John WAS there. What was He supposed to do, yell, "James, take care of Mom!" and hope James heard him from his hiding place? Obviously, His relationship with John was such that He was confident John would take good care of her.

If His brothers were there, He could have passed it onto them. John WAS there. What was He supposed to do, yell, "James, take care of Mom!" and hope James heard him from his hiding place? Obviously, His relationship with John was such that He was confident John would take good care of her.
He made Mary John's mother. He made John Mary's son. Read what he said.

How? He was known as the "Lord's brother". He could not be that if he was not the son of Mary. Are you calling Clopas the Lord?
Go back to the etymology. The word for brother/cousin/close relative was the same. Then research the sons of Clopas (close relative of Joseph) and Mary (close relative of Mary). Even research that particular James. Son of Clopas.

Why would I argue about something so dumb and insignificant with someone who has no desire to actually understand any part of my faith. It's actually quite disrespectful.
Then take it up with those disrespecting your faith and saying things like hurricanes occur to punish gays.

I just relate what I hear from the religioso.

Go back to the etymology. The word for brother/cousin/close relative was the same. Then research the sons of Clopas (close relative of Joseph) and Mary (close relative of Mary). Even research that particular James. Son of Clopas.
What was the word for rape?

Because I would think Mary would have used it. To save face, if nothing else.

In every case, you have to refer to the word meaning something else entirely. I don't know why you fight so hard to avoid acknowledging that there is no reason whatsoever that Mary and Joseph could not have had a satisfying sex life with multiple children.

In every case, you have to refer to the word meaning something else entirely. I don't know why you fight so hard to avoid acknowledging that there is no reason whatsoever that Mary and Joseph could not have had a satisfying sex life with multiple children.
Bur they are already in a position of believing that a God impregnating Mary is a more likely explanation than a Jewish girl telling a lie.

Such a person cannot be reasoned with, on this topic.

I never said you were bad. I don't judge people. Bad people can do good things just like good people can do bad things. I just describe the thing.

I'd love to engage you in your clever arguments but I can't really improve upon what I just wrote. I think that said it all.
I'll explain what I've said but you're going to have to behave politely and understand that we are probably going to disagree on what is bad and what is good. It's your choice.

I'm happy for you to believe anything you want. I'm even happy for you to do things that are wrong or bad. Do you know why? Because I won't be the one who has to experience those consequences. You will. I can try to show you the error of your ways but only you can decide if you want to be better.
What are you asking of me that would make me better in your opinion? I think that you can't accept me as an atheist. That's always going to be your own failing.

Forum List

Back