The biggest reason by far workers can't support themselves is they don't care...

What about the workers who do sacrifice to get an education and still find there are no jobs out there where they can support themselves?

There are jobs and opportunity. You have to lower your expectations and come into a company at a lower level then you're qualified for and work your way up. If you have a good attitude and do a good job, you will. If they can't get jobs that means they are Democrats. They don't want jobs beneath them, so instead of taking what they can get and making the most of it, they are running to the government to do something for them.

kaz, there's really not a lot of work out there. And some areas are just simply dying.

Around the Great Lakes area, there's just nothing going on. A little bit of shale drilling and that's it. But all that money leaves the area.

And people just don't want to leave the area they grew up in, the area their parents grew up in, the area where all their friends and relatives are, the area their wife is from, the area they went to school in.....

I understand it. I left Cleveland in 1977. Used to be one the best places in the Country until the mid/late 60s. High-Paying Jobs, low cost of living, big enough City to find things to do but not so big that you felt claustrophobic.....

I left because I could see the handwriting on the wall. dimocrap scum took over. And they FUCKED the City up.

Dennis Kucinich was Mayor and he got into a pissing contest with Diamond Shamrock over something. My buddy's wife worked there as a Chemical Engineer. Hot as a firecracker, too :)

So Diamond Shamrock said, "FUCK YOU" and left for Texas. They offered to let her go with them but he wouldn't move. Divorce.

Not only that, but HUNDREDS of Companies left the Area. BIG ones. Cleveland lost 300,000 Steel Jobs ALONE between 1970 and 1990.

I was there. I was at Republic Steel as a Security Guard when I walked in on the Executive VP (He ran that Division) sitting at his desk LITERALLY crying.

I mean LITERALLY. A grown man..... Crying

I kinda reached down toward my Gun and asked him, "Are you okay, Sir?"

He didn't see me and I kinda startled him... So anyway, not to bore you but this is FACT.

He had just gotten back from a meeting with the Union. He told them, "Look guys, we have to modernize. The Japanese are killing us."

The Union Thugs refused of course. They said, "You do that and we'll Strike and shut you down." Which for a Steel Company is catastrophic. He even promised, in writing, that there would not be ONE LAYOFF.

The refused to budge.

That's when I moved to Florida. Shortly after. The plant was shut down within the year.

dimocraps and their minions. scum of the Earth.

Things could have been done, compromises could have been reached... But typical of dimocraps, they only care about what they want and if the working man and woman get caught in the middle? Tuff shit.

I hate dimocraps.

And they're the ones responsible for all the SHIT that's gone down in the last four decades.

So I'm just saying, there ain't a lot of work out there anymore.

And with dimocraps in charge.... There ain't gonna be. Not for the kid just starting out. Not when you need a College Degree to be a Bank Teller. Not everybody has a Mommy and Daddy that can afford to pay for a College Education so their little darling can work at the Bank Drive Up Window.

Times are tough, and dimocraps are the reason why.

Sorry to bore you :)

I disagree that there's not a lot of work to be found. The problem is welfare, unemployment insurance etc..., pays more.

I see signs all of the place where companies are hiring, especially in oil and petro-chemical industries.

But again, maybe this is just a Texas thing.

A LOT of it is where you live. If you live in a Free State instead of one controlled by dimocrap scum, you're much better off.

But someone else mentioned that today's youth doesn't want to get their hands dirty.

So true.

Why do you think 20,000,000 Illegals are here? They're finding work. No doubt about it.

Every roofing crew, ever landscaping crew, every construction you see anymore is either mostly or completely Hispanic.

Nothing wrong with that. Some hard-working people.

But why aren't Americans willing to take those jobs?

Because, frankly, it's too hard.

The money that can be made in those fields is unimaginable to the youth of today.

I can tell you all kinds of stories of people I personally know who started out as kids working a trade, started their own Company and are sitting fat and happy in Million Dollar Homes right now with College pukes running errands for them.

Some of it really is that kids today think 'work' is beneath them.

SOME of it is that the jobs available kinda suck. A lot of it. Certainly not all of it

I agree with you to some extent. The problem with illegal workers is that will work for far less than an American and that along with the fact that the employer doesn't have to worry about insurance and things like that make the illegal a better employee.

So which college did you graduate from and who paid for it?

- BS University of Maryland, 1988, double major mathematics and computer science. I got a little help from my parents, but not a lot. I worked summers, winter break, nights and took some extra time to graduate.

- MS Virginia Tech, 1993, Computer Science and Applications. - GE paid for everything including books. However, I graduated from a full time 2 year masters program while working a full time management job at GE. You pay for everything one way or another.

- MBA University of Michigan, 1995, emphasized finance and corporate strategy. I paid for it with what I had in the bank and borrowed the rest.

Did you have to work long hours yourself while you were going to college or is that just something that you expect others to do?
What's truly funny about this is that I answered the question above before I read this. I am not editing a word of that answer. Ha ha.

The reason I ask is because I actually did work long hours and put myself through college while I was working. So when I hear someone handing out that "advice" I want to know if they have been there and done that themselves. I know that I had more than a few "support systems" in place that made it possible. Without them it would never have happened.
You have your answer.

So who was your "support system" and how much did that help you to end up where you are today?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But I got married in 1988 and have two daughters. The oldest one graduated from Duke this last May with honors, double major in Math & French. She's lived in 8 states. I have a great family and support, I also have good friends across the country and I'm someone people who work for me have always gravitated to and they did a lot for us both as well. Does that cover it? If not, please clarify. But I drove my life, but yeah, I had a lot of good people around me.

What about the workers who do sacrifice to get an education and still find there are no jobs out there where they can support themselves?

Depends on their course of study, if they have a phd in 13th century french lesbian studies then tell them they deserve it, otherwise, tell them to keep swinging and doing the right things.

Wrongwinger thinks that it is owed to them when they get 'educated' the way THEY want... Majoring in a 5000 year old dead language or caterpillar biology is such a widespread useful skill, you know...

It is still on the individual, to adapt, advance, learn, change, and make oneself in demand.. and that is something Wrongwinger and his ilk simply cannot comprehend

- BS University of Maryland, 1988, double major mathematics and computer science. I got a little help from my parents, but not a lot. I worked summers, winter break, nights and took some extra time to graduate.

- MS Virginia Tech, 1993, Computer Science and Applications. - GE paid for everything including books. However, I graduated from a full time 2 year masters program while working a full time management job at GE. You pay for everything one way or another.

- MBA University of Michigan, 1995, emphasized finance and corporate strategy. I paid for it with what I had in the bank and borrowed the rest.

Did you have to work long hours yourself while you were going to college or is that just something that you expect others to do?
What's truly funny about this is that I answered the question above before I read this. I am not editing a word of that answer. Ha ha.

The reason I ask is because I actually did work long hours and put myself through college while I was working. So when I hear someone handing out that "advice" I want to know if they have been there and done that themselves. I know that I had more than a few "support systems" in place that made it possible. Without them it would never have happened.
You have your answer.

So who was your "support system" and how much did that help you to end up where you are today?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But I got married in 1988 and have two daughters. The oldest one graduated from Duke this last May with honors, double major in Math & French. She's lived in 8 states. I have a great family and support, I also have good friends across the country and I'm someone people who work for me have always gravitated to and they did a lot for us both as well. Does that cover it? If not, please clarify. But I drove my life, but yeah, I had a lot of good people around me.

Thank you for being honest about your parents supporting you while you went to college for your undergraduate degree. You subsequently had the benefit of a well paying job to support your other degrees.

It is an entirely different matter if you are the sole breadwinner in a low paying job(s) working long hours and trying to put yourself through college without the benefit of any "support systems". But that is what you expect others to do and still "care" and produce "quality work".

Your premise does not take into account the reality that others are facing. They don't have the advantages that you enjoyed. You are not offering them anything in the way of "support" to better themselves other than your "advice". Words are meaningless, only actions count. Start a program to help those who work for you pay their college costs. Give them paid time off to attend classes. That is what a real "support system" is all about. Do you offer any of those things?

You have your answer.

Thank you for being honest about your parents supporting you while you went to college for your undergraduate degree. You subsequently had the benefit of a well paying job to support your other degrees.

It is an entirely different matter if you are the sole breadwinner in a low paying job(s) working long hours and trying to put yourself through college without the benefit of any "support systems". But that is what you expect others to do and still "care" and produce "quality work".

Your premise does not take into account the reality that others are facing. They don't have the advantages that you enjoyed. You are not offering them anything in the way of "support" to better themselves other than your "advice". Words are meaningless, only actions count. Start a program to help those who work for you pay their college costs. Give them paid time off to attend classes. That is what a real "support system" is all about. Do you offer any of those things?

Just skimmed what I said?

Heads up America

The reason you are having difficulties finding jobs from which you can support yourself has nothing to do with the worst economy in 70 years

Its that you just don't care

It's that the american middle class is now competing with the burgeoning Brazilian, Chinese, Russian and Indian middle classes - about a billion or two more than they had to say, 30 years ago, which is why real wages have fallen back to where they were - 30 years ago.

Even if every person in america got off their ass and got a college degree, THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH JOBS IN THE US to support them, they have been offshored by the multinationals.

If this trend continues, and the middle class reaches a breaking point, with the wealthy continuing to suck up most of the productivity gains, you will begin to see riots in earnest. It hasn't happened yet because food is historically low-priced, so people can still eat, but if you see an inflationary spike in the food supply - lights out, it will get VERY ugly in the US.

Whenever someone attributes failure to immeasurables like "caring" you know they are snake oil salesmen

Kinda like the subjective liberal immeasurable FAIRNESS??

idiot

Beat that strawman later

Uh huh.. so you and your ilk can use immeasurables for your arguments, but not the OP.. got it :rolleyes:

There are various reasons why workers don't make what they WANT.. and all of those reasons are on THEM... nobody else is responsible for you earning, your comfort, filling your own needs, etc...

idiot

There are jobs and opportunity. You have to lower your expectations and come into a company at a lower level then you're qualified for and work your way up. If you have a good attitude and do a good job, you will. If they can't get jobs that means they are Democrats. They don't want jobs beneath them, so instead of taking what they can get and making the most of it, they are running to the government to do something for them.

Thats the way it used to be

Now you lower your expectations to come into a company at a lower level with the expectation of working your way up and there is no opportunity for advancement. Your responsibilities will increase of course but not your pay

Corporate world 2013....but at least the companies are making record profits

You obviously have zero experience in the subject, so your opinion is irrelevant

All you had to say was you cant explain it instead of being all pissy about it

Stop being a dick. If you want to discuss, discuss. If you want to insult, insult without whining when you get it back.

Ok dick, lets discuss. Where do you find caring levels for todays workers? And why is caring the only factor you listed and omitted every other factor like reality, jobs available etc.?

Is it because you wanted to have a "serious discussion"?

Kinda like the subjective liberal immeasurable FAIRNESS??

idiot

Beat that strawman later

Uh huh.. so you and your ilk can use immeasurables for your arguments, but not the OP.. got it :rolleyes:

There are various reasons why workers don't make what they WANT.. and all of those reasons are on THEM... nobody else is responsible for you earning, your comfort, filling your own needs, etc...

idiot

I'm sure you see them every where around every corner. But you're talking to me right? want to talk about what I say or stick with beating the punching bag?

The facts are right here, kids:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/19/business/americas-sinking-middle-class.html?ref=business

"On Tuesday, however, the Census Bureau reminded me how for most Americans 1988 still looks a lot like yesterday: last year, the typical household made $51,017, roughly the same as the typical household made a quarter of a century ago.

The statistic is staggering — hardly what one would expect from one of the richest and most technologically advanced nations on the planet."

You have your answer.

You just dodged all the hard questions, 'Nuff said!

All you had to say was you cant explain it instead of being all pissy about it

Stop being a dick. If you want to discuss, discuss. If you want to insult, insult without whining when you get it back.

Ok dick, lets discuss. Where do you find caring levels for todays workers? And why is caring the only factor you listed and omitted every other factor like reality, jobs available etc.?

Is it because you wanted to have a "serious discussion"?

Did you even read the op? I was talking about the workers who can't support themselves, I did not as you just misstated address all workers. If you come up with a question that's about my op not your strawman, get back to me.

You just dodged all the hard questions, 'Nuff said!

Your "hard questions" were based on your misstatement that I was given an education by my parents and why I don't understand people who didn't get that handed to them when I said actually I got only a little help from my parents and mostly I worked and paid my own way. You then went on to say I wouldn't relate to people who didn't get it handed to them. When I didn't get it handed to me. That you can't ask a question which accurately addresses what I said, that is a clear sign even you know your view is dubious.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back