The biggest reason by far workers can't support themselves is they don't care...

Stop being a dick. If you want to discuss, discuss. If you want to insult, insult without whining when you get it back.

Ok dick, lets discuss. Where do you find caring levels for todays workers? And why is caring the only factor you listed and omitted every other factor like reality, jobs available etc.?

Is it because you wanted to have a "serious discussion"?

Did you even read the op? I was talking about the workers who can't support themselves, I did not as you just misstated address all workers. If you come up with a question that's about my op not your strawman, get back to me.

Ok, Where do you find caring levels for todays workers THAT CANT SUPPORT THEMSELVES?

Ok dick, lets discuss. Where do you find caring levels for todays workers? And why is caring the only factor you listed and omitted every other factor like reality, jobs available etc.?

Did you even read the op? I was talking about the workers who can't support themselves, I did not as you just misstated address all workers. If you come up with a question that's about my op not your strawman, get back to me.

Ok, Where do you find caring levels for todays workers THAT CANT SUPPORT THEMSELVES?

Here is how I deal with a poor performer.

1) Actually step 1 applies to all workers. I have made sure that we document well every job with step by step instructions and we train people.

2) When they make mistakes, I train management to go in and assume to start it's a training issue. They walk through the manual and process with them again.

3) If they make different mistakes, they stay in step 2. If they continue to make the same mistake, we counsel them that they are making the same mistakes, they have been trained and re-trained and they need to take it seriously.

4) If they continue to make the same mistakes, they get a verbal reprimand, which is documented and placed in their employee file and their manager works with them on a remediation plan.

5) If they continue to make the same mistakes, they get a written reprimand and a written action plan with specific goals and timelines

6) If they continue to make the same mistakes, they get a written notice that they are in danger of being terminated along with and a written action plan with specific goals and timelines

7) They are terminated. This is all in the employee manual and it's been reviewed with my staff. I have never lost an unemployement claim that I disputed, so we're doing a darned good job of managing this process.

I care by giving them every chance to be valuable to the company and earn a living. At that point, if they don't care about the company or their job, that's on them.

I humbly disagree that there isnt any work out there. There is always work to do if we are humble enough to do it and to look for it.

The Lord has asked us to work six days and rest on the seventh. I think it is wise counsel to follow even if we don't have a "job" per se. Find work to do. Even if you don't get paid for it. It is better to work than to sit around waiting for something. I can promise that if you are willing to work, even if you don't immediately see a pay check for it, you will be far better off than you would if you sit around waiting for someone to give you a job.

1) Actually step 1 applies to all workers. I have made sure that we document well every job with step by step instructions and we train people.

2) When they make mistakes, I train management to go in and assume to start it's a training issue. They walk through the manual and process with them again.

3) If they make different mistakes, they stay in step 2. If they continue to make the same mistake, we counsel them that they are making the same mistakes, they have been trained and re-trained and they need to take it seriously.

4) If they continue to make the same mistakes, they get a verbal reprimand, which is documented and placed in their employee file and their manager works with them on a remediation plan.

5) If they continue to make the same mistakes, they get a written reprimand and a written action plan with specific goals and timelines

6) If they continue to make the same mistakes, they get a written notice that they are in danger of being terminated along with and a written action plan with specific goals and timelines

7) They are terminated. This is all in the employee manual and it's been reviewed with my staff. I have never lost an unemployement claim that I disputed, so we're doing a darned good job of managing this process.

I care by giving them every chance to be valuable to the company and earn a living. At that point, if they don't care about the company or their job, that's on them.

Heres a tip: If you cant explain what you say, you probably shouldn't say it.

Good job at completely sidestepping my question

Heres a tip: If you cant explain what you say, you probably shouldn't say it.

Good job at completely sidestepping my question

Here's a tip, if you aren't able to grasp answers to questions that have more than three words, don't ask open ended questions.

I'll dumb it down for you, probably not enough. I do everything I can to care for my workers who can't support themselves by setting up a system to give them every assistance and opportunity that I can. I realize to you caring means handouts of other people's money, but to me, caring is giving someone every chance to do it for themselves.

If someone won't care enough to do a good job to support themselves, your view that we should just give them money is idiotic.

What about the workers who do sacrifice to get an education and still find there are no jobs out there where they can support themselves?

There are jobs and opportunity. You have to lower your expectations and come into a company at a lower level then you're qualified for and work your way up. If you have a good attitude and do a good job, you will. If they can't get jobs that means they are Democrats. They don't want jobs beneath them, so instead of taking what they can get and making the most of it, they are running to the government to do something for them.

Thats the way it used to be

Now you lower your expectations to come into a company at a lower level with the expectation of working your way up and there is no opportunity for advancement. Your responsibilities will increase of course but not your pay

Corporate world 2013....but at least the companies are making record profits

You have no right and you are not OWED advancement spoon fed by a company.. it is on YOU to advance, make yourself in demand, etc

Beat that strawman later

Uh huh.. so you and your ilk can use immeasurables for your arguments, but not the OP.. got it :rolleyes:

There are various reasons why workers don't make what they WANT.. and all of those reasons are on THEM... nobody else is responsible for you earning, your comfort, filling your own needs, etc...

idiot

I'm sure you see them every where around every corner. But you're talking to me right? want to talk about what I say or stick with beating the punching bag?

Uh huh.... again.. good enough for your arguments, not good enough for someone else's.. got it

Right beside the standardized FAIRNESS LEVELS

There are jobs and opportunity. You have to lower your expectations and come into a company at a lower level then you're qualified for and work your way up. If you have a good attitude and do a good job, you will. If they can't get jobs that means they are Democrats. They don't want jobs beneath them, so instead of taking what they can get and making the most of it, they are running to the government to do something for them.

Now you lower your expectations to come into a company at a lower level with the expectation of working your way up and there is no opportunity for advancement. Your responsibilities will increase of course but not your pay

You have no right and you are not OWED advancement spoon fed by a company.. it is on YOU to advance, make yourself in demand, etc

As usual,

Conservatives respond to a collective problem with and individual solution

Uh huh.. so you and your ilk can use immeasurables for your arguments, but not the OP.. got it :rolleyes:

There are various reasons why workers don't make what they WANT.. and all of those reasons are on THEM... nobody else is responsible for you earning, your comfort, filling your own needs, etc...

idiot

I'm sure you see them every where around every corner. But you're talking to me right? want to talk about what I say or stick with beating the punching bag?

Uh huh.... again.. good enough for your arguments, not good enough for someone else's.. got it

Except...I never made the argument. Keep fighting strawmen...you're really good at it

What is this fairness level you keep talking about?

Regarding wal-mart, McDonalds and other discussions going on across the board, there is one thing that is overwhelmingly clear. Workers need to invest in themselves by getting an education, training, working harder, working longer and paying attention to detail. Those are how they make more money, and that is their job, not taxpayers and not their employers. However, the simple ability to support themselves is more basic than that. First, my background.

I have managed people starting about six months after I graduated college in 1988. For the next 20 years, I spent about half doing two stints in GE Management (GE Information Services, GE Power Systems, GE Capital, GE Consumer Finance) and the other half in management consulting (Booz Allen, et al). Since 2009, I have bought 5 businesses. I spun two off and merged the other three and run those as a single business.

Any worker other than extreme cases of retardation or mental illness, any worker could support themselves if they do one thing. Care. Of the hundred or so people I've fired in my career, they had repeated chances and their shortcomings were well within their ability. But they made the same stupid mistakes over and over and over. My low skilled workers now have to be closely managed and their work double checked by people who do care. No matter how poor a choices workers have made in the past, if they get a job and go every day and care about the quality of their work and reliably double check it before passing it on to someone else, they would quickly earn enough to support themselves.

It's indisputable fact to anyone with any real management and business experience.

What about the fact that the FED has been on record saying that they are behind any and all recessions and depressions since its inception since 1913.

It was decided back in 1969 at a Bilderberg meeting that America is to be de-industrialized so it can be conquered easier by the European Royals known as the Globalists.

America is in bad shape now....

Here is what the Globalists wanted....

Endgame ( Go to youtube and watch this movie )

The Infowarriors stopped this from happening back in 2006-07.

The FED has kept any industry from developing which is why 13 million patents are undeveloped right now at the US Patent Office.

Okay you worked in the service sector and finance, but have you ever built anything ?

Try getting a dose of industrial discrimination the rest of us industrialists/engineers have felt over the last 15 years or so.

:mad: People in the goddamned service sector lecturing anyone about economics without any knowledge of the FED is laughable.

You argue FAIRNESS all the time. though FAIRNESS is not standardized, quantified, nor qualified... because it is a SUBJECTIVE MEASURE.... but yet you want it considered

Nice try, asshole

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/306769-affirmative-action-5.html#post7677003

You argue FAIRNESS all the time. though FAIRNESS is not standardized, quantified, nor qualified... because it is a SUBJECTIVE MEASURE.... but yet you want it considered

Nice try, asshole

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/306769-affirmative-action-5.html#post7677003

Wait so you are anti-fair because you have a hard time knowing whats fair and what isn't?

That sounds like your problem

What about the workers who do sacrifice to get an education and still find there are no jobs out there where they can support themselves?

Bull crap, there is every opportunity. Liberals are just a bunch of lazy whiners who want everything handed to you. You're so pathetic that you can't even succeed in what is still one of the easiest countries and economies in the history of man to succeed. If you existed pretty much at any point in history you'd starve to death.

Bull crap, there is every opportunity. Liberals are just a bunch of lazy whiners who want everything handed to you. You're so pathetic that you can't even succeed in what is still one of the easiest countries and economies in the history of man to succeed. If you existed pretty much at any point in history you'd starve to death.

:lol: at the "blame the victim" mentality on display. The irony here is that these are the same folks who go running to the government for bailouts when they screw up and ruin everything for hardworking Americans.

Corporate profits are through the roof
But it hasn't "trickled down" in terms of more hiring, increased salary or more benefits

But lets blame it on workers who do not care.....Shall we?

Last edited:
Just skimmed what I said?

You just dodged all the hard questions, 'Nuff said!

Your "hard questions" were based on your misstatement that I was given an education by my parents and why I don't understand people who didn't get that handed to them when I said actually I got only a little help from my parents and mostly I worked and paid my own way. You then went on to say I wouldn't relate to people who didn't get it handed to them. When I didn't get it handed to me. That you can't ask a question which accurately addresses what I said, that is a clear sign even you know your view is dubious.

You are avoiding the hard questions because if you answer them honestly you would be forced to admit that you aren't doing squat to help anyone but yourself.

:lol: at the "blame the victim" mentality on display

Actually it's blame the self victimization mentality. Yeah, I blame you lazy whiners for your own misery. Take a lower paying, lower prestige job then you are looking for and can't get and work our ass off and you'll end up where ever you're capable of going. There is no legitimate excuse for failure.

You just dodged all the hard questions, 'Nuff said!

Your "hard questions" were based on your misstatement that I was given an education by my parents and why I don't understand people who didn't get that handed to them when I said actually I got only a little help from my parents and mostly I worked and paid my own way. You then went on to say I wouldn't relate to people who didn't get it handed to them. When I didn't get it handed to me. That you can't ask a question which accurately addresses what I said, that is a clear sign even you know your view is dubious.

You are avoiding the hard questions because if you answer them honestly you would be forced to admit that you aren't doing squat to help anyone but yourself.

Ask questions honestly and you'll get honest answers. Your questions were phrased completely disingenuously. Go back and re-ask them without the slant misrepresenting what I said and I'll gladly answer them.

Forum List

Back