🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Bolton Bombshell (from his book)

I
Bolton wasn't in on the call.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

There’s much more to this than the phone call. Bolton was in on many things.

The impeachment is about the phone call. Nothing else factual has been provided as evidence.

You’re factually incorrect. The case against Trump goes well beyond the phone call with Zelensky.

"The case against Trump" is limited to the articles of impeachment. That's what the Senate had to vote on, not a bunch of other stuff drummed up at the last minute, also what they did to Kavanaugh.

No one is trying to add any articles of impeachment. Only including all testimony relevant to these articles.

Which was the duty of the House to get.

Some book written by a fired DC swamp creature was leaked to the NY Times...got it. :icon_rolleyes:
yep you are right and its another leak by somebody about something somebody believes who is mad at the president .......so what !! if all Boltons got is his opinion it means nothing .and even if the president delayed funds thats within his power to do for whatever reason he deems fit ! it may not look good but there is no way republicans are going to remove him for something as trivial as that ... leave it to dems to scream quid pro quo when the president wants to investigate a quid pro quo !

Doesn't even matter Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz obliterated the Bolton nonsense. Even if true its not an impeachable offense. He gave an example, if a president told Israel U.S. aid would be withheld unless Israel agreed to stop building settlements a clear quid pro quo that's not an impeachable offense. In fact presidents have long exercised that authority.

Not sure how Israel not building settlements would personally help Trump in the coming election. Demanding that Ukraine announce an investigation of Trump's main political opponent obviously would.

Politicians do this all the time, just relax.

No they don't

Lib please :eusa_hand:

I
There’s much more to this than the phone call. Bolton was in on many things.

The impeachment is about the phone call. Nothing else factual has been provided as evidence.

You’re factually incorrect. The case against Trump goes well beyond the phone call with Zelensky.

"The case against Trump" is limited to the articles of impeachment. That's what the Senate had to vote on, not a bunch of other stuff drummed up at the last minute, also what they did to Kavanaugh.

No one is trying to add any articles of impeachment. Only including all testimony relevant to these articles.

Which was the duty of the House to get.
Where is that written?

So...No you can't?
Should I repeat that Trump didn't want administration members testifying in Schiff's farce so they didn't.
To a normal thinking human that would seem like empirical proof that Trump exercised his right to executive privilege...but you don't seem like a normal thinking human being.
I feel sorry for stupid people. Life must be hard for you.

If Trump isn't claiming the right to withhold his underling's participation in a farce but democrats
are not stopping him anyway that's on those dimwits.

No one contested? WTF, dude.
He was impeached for it, dope.
If the democrats want to claim Donald Trump cannot exercise the same privileges and rights that all other presidents have then good luck to them.
It wouldn't be the stupidest thing they've ever done but it is illustrative of the farce the democrats have wrapped themselves up in. Let's see if he gets removed from office for exercising his constitutional rights.

Last edited:
After Monday and Tuesday, the only way to hear Bolton's comments will be to purchase the audio version
of his book.

There will be no witnesses.

Acquittal Friday...
That could make the voters very unhappy....

The majority of their voting base is GOP. I don't care who you are...you can't piss off your base. Plus, even if they
vote with the Dems...the Dems will still come after them in their campaign.

Link?

Oh, never mind! You just lied.

That was just like how the Dems forgot to mention that Trump offered to meet with Zelensky three times.

No, he didn't. Trump lied...repeatedly.

Column: How often has Trump changed his story on Ukraine? Let us count the ways

Trump’s first response, after a whistleblower in the National Security Council raised the alarm that the president had held up military aid to Ukraine while demanding Kyiv investigate his political rivals, was simple: It never happened.

“I didn’t delay anything,” Trump told reporters.

Even he could see that whopper wouldn’t hold. Too many bureaucrats knew the White House had stopped the aid that a bipartisan majority in Congress had approved for a struggling democracy facing Russian aggression.

So Trump modified his excuse. “Why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?” Besides, other governments weren’t giving enough. “I’d withhold again, and I’ll continue to withhold until such time as Europe and other nations contribute,” he said.

That wasn’t convincing either. So the president tried again: He blocked the aid but never demanded anything in return for releasing it.

“No quid pro quo!” Trump insisted.

A parade of current and former officials told Congress that wasn’t true, either.

Seabitch, you and the author are cherry-picking words without context. Trump didn't delay anything is true because you left out the part where it said it was in exchange for Ukraine investigating his political rival. THAT did not happen which is why he said he didn't delay anything.

Typical LA Slime mud-slinging!

He still said he hadn't held up aid. That was a lie. Trump has lied every step of the way since his "drug deal" was uncovered by the whistleblower.

Q How do you explain the military aid, sir? How do you explain delaying military aid (inaudible)?

THE PRESIDENT: Because I want Germany and I want France and I want the European Union to put up money. And I didn’t delay anything. We paid the military aid, to the best of my knowledge.

That was a lie.

How can it be a lie if he said exactly what you posted, dumbass?

Because we know that he did in fact hold up the aid. Trump's story continued to change as information about the Ukraine call came trickling out. He lied like he always does and just adjusts the lie as more evidence is produced.

i suppose you know the exact status of everything you do or say at work or at home. Must be nice to be fucking perfect!

The other day I lost my car in the parking lot and wandered around in the cold trying to find it. I am 13 years younger than Trump.

After Monday and Tuesday, the only way to hear Bolton's comments will be to purchase the audio version
of his book.

There will be no witnesses.

Acquittal Friday...

George Conway

@gtconway3d

My take on the Bolton book bombshell: The president’s lawyers didn’t mention Bolton in their opening arguments on Saturday. Now we know why. They must have known what’s in his book—and that his testimony would devastate their defense.

Then George tweeted
No wonder Trump’s lawyers so vehemently opposed Bolton’s being subpoenaed last week. No wonder they’ve been plotting with Senate Republicans to make sure that, if Bolton does testify, he does so in secret.

From Trump on down, they all know how damning Bolton’s testimony would be to Trump’s defense. Indeed, the leak of what’s in Bolton’s book shows how disingenuous the president’s defense has been.

In light of Trump’s own arguments, it would now be preposterous, if it ever wasn’t, for the Senate not to call Bolton as a witness. To refuse to do so would ensure that the trial would be recorded forever in history as a GOP-orchestrated farce.

Well, here’s a witness who can tell us what the president, in a face-to-face conversation, said he wanted.

Trump’s lawyers complained that no witness talked to Trump about the linkage between the aid and the investigation. Well, here’s Bolton, ready, willing, and able to testify.

George Conway on Twitter

You're dreaming. Bolton's remarks mean nothing.

It got buried under Russiagate.

What happened to that.

Turns out Russia was responsible for attacking the Democratic Party to help Trump get elected. Trump knew and didn’t care. He likes to pretend it was someone else because he’s embarrassed by it.
Why did they (the alledged Russian's), attack the Democratic party ?? Was it because they were corrupt and the Russian's knew it ?? Did the Democrat's ever dispute any of the facts or charges made against them, otherwise by these alledged Russian's or their proxies ??

If any of it was true against the crats after these alledged hacks, and it was proven criminal, then shouldn't the Democrat's accused be investigated for having done criminal things that were outed in the alledged hacks ?
Russians attacked the Democratic Party to weaken them and help Trump. Trump weakens the country so it’s good for Russia. No criminal activity was by the hacks so no charges could be filed against Democrats.

If that were true, boy did they fuck up! Trump has been a pain in Putin's ass since day one.

In a way. But it’s little doubt we are a weaker, less coherent, less accountable, less united, less reliable, and less engaged in the world now than we have been in a very long time.

That's only because you have a mistaken view of the world around you.

Most of that YOU could change by getting with the right side in the discussion, but you morons would rather stumble along blindly in the dark, following your feckless leaders whose aim is your subjugation.

Turns out Russia was responsible for attacking the Democratic Party to help Trump get elected. Trump knew and didn’t care. He likes to pretend it was someone else because he’s embarrassed by it.
Why did they (the alledged Russian's), attack the Democratic party ?? Was it because they were corrupt and the Russian's knew it ?? Did the Democrat's ever dispute any of the facts or charges made against them, otherwise by these alledged Russian's or their proxies ??

If any of it was true against the crats after these alledged hacks, and it was proven criminal, then shouldn't the Democrat's accused be investigated for having done criminal things that were outed in the alledged hacks ?
Russians attacked the Democratic Party to weaken them and help Trump. Trump weakens the country so it’s good for Russia. No criminal activity was by the hacks so no charges could be filed against Democrats.

If that were true, boy did they fuck up! Trump has been a pain in Putin's ass since day one.

In a way. But it’s little doubt we are a weaker, less coherent, less accountable, less united, less reliable, and less engaged in the world now than we have been in a very long time.

Most of that YOU could change by getting with the right side in the discussion, but you morons would rather stumble along blindly in the dark, following your feckless leaders whose aim is your subjugation.

Sure. Everything would be better if I pledged undying devotion to dear leader, but I just can’t bring myself to accept his warped world view. I have to live in reality.

Sure. Everything would be better if I pledged undying devotion to dear leader, but I just can’t bring myself to accept his warped world view. I have to live in reality.

That is your problem. No one asked for your undying devotion but simple recognition that liberals pursue a political aim that will result in the destruction of this nation.

Why do YOU hate this country?

That is your problem. No one asked for your undying devotion but simple recognition that liberals pursue a political aim that will result in the destruction of this nation.

Accusing me of hating the country because I disagree with Trump is what’s destroying the nation.

Accusing me of hating the country because I disagree with Trump is what’s destroying the nation.

If you do not agree with what he is trying to accomplish, you DO hate America and advocate for its destruction. What I want to know is why you have to lie about it?

If you do not agree with what he is trying to accomplish, you DO hate America and advocate for its destruction. What I want to know is why you have to lie about it?

Why do I have to agree with him? Are you some authoritarian?

Drafts of the book outline the potential testimony of the former national security adviser if he were called as a witness in the president’s impeachment trial.

WASHINGTON — President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

NYT: Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Demands for Inquiries, Bolton Book Says

John Bolton Reportedly Recalls Trump Tying Ukraine Aid To Biden Investigation

How can Republicans not vote for witnesses after this? By Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt. They are two of the Times best and most credible reporters.
I wonder if Bolton was under oath when he wrote it.

Take him to court! The Dems refused to do so. So much for your feckless leadership!

They already took Don McGahn to court, and won at every level.
Does the name fast and the furious and executive privilege ring a bell? If so do you recall who used it and whom it was given to?
Yes. Obama ASSERTED the Privlege thru Eric Holder in the Congressional inquisition, when asked specific question involved with executive privilege.

That is how executive privilege is LEGALLY done.

Trump did no such thing.

He ordered all white house staff and administration, not to show up in Congress and not to turn anything at all over to Congress.

Which is illegal, obstruction of Congress....

Congress represents "we the people", and Trump simply SPAT in our faces.
Got it orange man bad
You're so racist against orange
Trump never ASSERTED executive privilege, it's a LIE to say he did.
Take him to court! The Dems refused to do so. So much for your feckless leadership!

They already took Don McGahn to court, and won at every level.
Does the name fast and the furious and executive privilege ring a bell? If so do you recall who used it and whom it was given to?
Yes. Obama ASSERTED the Privlege thru Eric Holder in the Congressional inquisition, when asked specific question involved with executive privilege.

That is how executive privilege is LEGALLY done.

Trump did no such thing.

He ordered all white house staff and administration, not to show up in Congress and not to turn anything at all over to Congress.

Which is illegal, obstruction of Congress....

Congress represents "we the people", and Trump simply SPAT in our faces.
Got it orange man bad
You're so racist against orange
Trump never ASSERTED executive privilege, it's a LIE to say he did.
Great you realize you're not making your case. If he didn't use it he's not trying to hide anything. Unlike Obama

Then you agree to have Bolton testify. He will put it all to rest.

Nope, let the commies dance with the witnesses they brought to the dance, after all they have an irrefutable case, right?

Scared, aren’t you.
Why would anyone believe Bolton, a well known crazed Neocon jackass? Donnie fired the scumbag. No doubt he will shit on Donnie and he is not above lying.
Put him under oath.

The place and time to do that was during the House investigation. Obviously, the democrats in the House didn't think his testimony was all that important.

Drafts of the book outline the potential testimony of the former national security adviser if he were called as a witness in the president’s impeachment trial.

WASHINGTON — President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

How can Republicans not vote for witnesses after this? By Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt. They are two of the Times best and most credible reporters.
Trump has the authority to investigate corruption by US government officials

biden was dirty and is now hiding behind his election campaign
Sure. :rolleyes:

It was all within his power to have the accused felons of Igor and Lev Parnas and Rudy do government criminal corruption investigations????

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you know how silly you all appear when regurgitating your Trump crap, that you don't even honestly believe?
We have the transcript of the phone call and it does not add up to an impeachable offense

Oh good. You’re back to make shit up again?
Naw, that’s your specialty. Did you watch the trump lawyer on Biden? Hahaha hahaha

I did. It was boring. She didn’t have any evidence of any wrongdoing by Biden. No new information. Just a rehash of the same boring fake news.
why would she have evidence of wrong doing? she didn't do any investigation. she pointed to the obammy team questioning it and then dropping it. oops.

Trump has the authority to investigate corruption by US government officials

biden was dirty and is now hiding behind his election campaign
Sure. :rolleyes:

It was all within his power to have the accused felons of Igor and Lev Parnas and Rudy do government criminal corruption investigations????

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you know how silly you all appear when regurgitating your Trump crap, that you don't even honestly believe?
sir, you have demonstrated yet again, you have no idea what the US is. go to a civics class before you continue your silly nonsense of posting about my country.

Forum List

Back