The books coming out on the Trump administration, and what has to happen now

So I guess there are three or four books coming out that outline some pretty disturbing stuff that allegedly took place in the White House between 2017 and 2021. More after that, no doubt.

Little I've heard about is surprising, given what we already know. But the details coming out about Trump's generals and their discussions on how to handle him if he went off the deep end are significant.

If this stuff is true, then this country REALLY needs these people to surrender their anonymity and speak out to confirm the reports. Yes, their lives will then be in danger, and those of their loved ones. But I hope they decide to speak on the record, and the same goes for the unnamed sources in the other books. Perhaps if enough of them speak out the danger will be reduced.

I know this is asking a lot, but the country needs you right now, folks.

You are an ideal case study for TDS.
What is TDS?
Is it the same Fake News as “rent free”

You contards have NOTHING to back any claims you make.

The Con man TOM Strikes again.
trump owns me. Said every RWI
TDS is their tailor made excuse when they are overwhelmed
Which is often.

So I guess there are three or four books coming out that outline some pretty disturbing stuff that allegedly took place in the White House between 2017 and 2021. More after that, no doubt.

Little I've heard about is surprising, given what we already know. But the details coming out about Trump's generals and their discussions on how to handle him if he went off the deep end are significant.

If this stuff is true, then this country REALLY needs these people to surrender their anonymity and speak out to confirm the reports. Yes, their lives will then be in danger, and those of their loved ones. But I hope they decide to speak on the record, and the same goes for the unnamed sources in the other books. Perhaps if enough of them speak out the danger will be reduced.

You are an ideal case study for TDS.
What is TDS?
Is it the same Fake News as “rent free”

You contards have NOTHING to back any claims you make.

The Con man TOM Strikes again.
trump owns me. Said every RWI
TDS is their tailor made excuse when they are overwhelmed
Which is often.

Your thread is nothing but silly panic mongering. Books with anonymous sources, in this day and age of blatant in your face lying and stonewalling by you guys?

1626429213724.png

Some poster earlier in the thread, I forget who (Nostromo?) complained of 'anonymous sources'.....well, they weren't all anonymous.
Willliam Barr for example, I used his quoted words in another nearby thread on these new books on the Trump presidency. Here it is again.

And then the quoted conversation that, in my narrow world, confirmed what I have heard from friends, neighbors, and acquaintances.
To wit:

"Barr counsels him that “I feel like you are going to lose the election… I feel like you are actually losing touch with your own base…

“I have yet to meet anybody who supports you who hasn’t said to me, ‘We love the president, but would you please tell him to turn it back a bit?’… You are going to lose because there’s going to be enough people who otherwise would vote for you who are just tired of the acrimony, the pettiness, the punching down and picking a fight at every moment, and the apparent chaos, and they’re just going to say, ‘We’re tired of this shit.’…

“I think that if you wanted to you could walk into a second term, COVID and all. You could go down in history as an amazing president, and it’s yours for the taking. But it’s about you, and you’re turning off enough people to lose the election.”

What William Barr is reported to have told Don Trump tracks closely with what Trump's own pollster, Tony Fabrizio, told him AFTER he had lost. To wit: people think you are untrustworthy, and incompetent.*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lies, Lies, its' all Lies" he'll say as he tosses volume after volume into the cleansing flames.

Yeah, that is a cinematic scene the poster envisions. It likely brings to mind Trump advisers telling him ......"But, Boss, you yourself said that stuff. On tape. To reporters." Well, in truth, that one is my fanciful envisioning.

We do know though, that his advisors were skeptical of Trump trooping reporters into Mar-A-Lago.
Here is what today's 'Politico' reported in their piece on this current wave of books:

"Eager to put his own positive spin on the books, Trump agreed to sit down with a parade of reporters at Mar-a-Lago. That included interviews with Bender, author Michael Wolff, ABC News’ Jonathan Karl, Pulitzer Prize winning Washington Post journalists Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker, The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman, and Jeremy Peters, among others."

And to drive that point home, Sean Spicer (remember him?)....was quoted saying this: (also in Politico)
“I understand the rationale, but it was a strategic mistake to sit down with these folks — you’re giving them credibility. It’s hard to say, ‘I sat down with them and they got it wrong.’ ..... said Sean Spicer, Trump’s former press secretary.........
Yeah, I can't imagine that anyone would be surprised by any of this. And, even if many sources did step up, the cult would attack them and say they're lying anyway.

Some people have already spoken out publicly, but we need more of this.

Some poster earlier in the thread, I forget who (Nostromo?) complained of 'anonymous sources'.....well, they weren't all anonymous.
Willliam Barr for example, I used his quoted words in another nearby thread on these new books on the Trump presidency. Here it is again.

And then the quoted conversation that, in my narrow world, confirmed what I have heard from friends, neighbors, and acquaintances.
To wit:

"Barr counsels him that “I feel like you are going to lose the election… I feel like you are actually losing touch with your own base…

“I have yet to meet anybody who supports you who hasn’t said to me, ‘We love the president, but would you please tell him to turn it back a bit?’… You are going to lose because there’s going to be enough people who otherwise would vote for you who are just tired of the acrimony, the pettiness, the punching down and picking a fight at every moment, and the apparent chaos, and they’re just going to say, ‘We’re tired of this shit.’…

“I think that if you wanted to you could walk into a second term, COVID and all. You could go down in history as an amazing president, and it’s yours for the taking. But it’s about you, and you’re turning off enough people to lose the election.”

What William Barr is reported to have told Don Trump tracks closely with what Trump's own pollster, Tony Fabrizio, told him AFTER he had lost. To wit: people think you are untrustworthy, and incompetent.*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lies, Lies, its' all Lies" he'll say as he tosses volume after volume into the cleansing flames.

Yeah, that is a cinematic scene the poster envisions. It likely brings to mind Trump advisers telling him ......"But, Boss, you yourself said that stuff. On tape. To reporters." Well, in truth, that one is my fanciful envisioning.

We do know though, that his advisors were skeptical of Trump trooping reporters into Mar-A-Lago.
Here is what today's 'Politico' reported in their piece on this current wave of books:

"Eager to put his own positive spin on the books, Trump agreed to sit down with a parade of reporters at Mar-a-Lago. That included interviews with Bender, author Michael Wolff, ABC News’ Jonathan Karl, Pulitzer Prize winning Washington Post journalists Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker, The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman, and Jeremy Peters, among others."

And to drive that point home, Sean Spicer (remember him?)....was quoted saying this: (also in Politico)
“I understand the rationale, but it was a strategic mistake to sit down with these folks — you’re giving them credibility. It’s hard to say, ‘I sat down with them and they got it wrong.’ ..... said Sean Spicer, Trump’s former press secretary.........
Yeah, I can't imagine that anyone would be surprised by any of this. And, even if many sources did step up, the cult would attack them and say they're lying anyway.

Barring health issues, Trump is going to run again.

In a healthy society, his record would be compared to Biden's record as the primary issue of the campaign.

The panic mongering smear campaign is an attempt to avoid that.

Why are you already taking steps to avoid discussing issues in the 2024 campaign? Are you that sure that Biden will be a failure?

Name me one Trump critic killed for voicing criticism of Trump.

Trump's 4 years brought peace and prosperity. Everything you would want in a presidential administration, second hand accounts of alleged opinions by members of the military and disgruntled political hacks notwithstanding. Sex and hatred sell books and they are in it for the fame and fortune. While lefties concern themselves with the former president's strong personality it's becoming increasingly obvious that the current president's personality is deteriorating. I guess we are in for another four years of attacking Trump while the Country endures race riots, high energy prices, high murder rates and thousands of disease ridden illegal aliens infiltrating our borders.

Bitch, please!! I guess you missed the worse race riots since the 1960 Civil Rights Movement, last summer. He crashed the economy and killed half a million people.

He is the most incompetent President in history, and he destroyed the country.

I don't think they're told about any of the, uh, unsavory stuff that happened on Jan 6.

'Unsavory'?

Bwuhahahahaha

You should really read the new thread I posted just minutes ago.

The DOJ just announced that the charges of Treason and Sedition against the participants in the 1/6 event have been dropped even from consideration because the actions of those involved do not rise to the level of the definition of those crimes. Instead, the DOJ has violated the Constitutional and Civil Rights of these people by denying them their right to a speedy trial, as people within the DOJ / those involved have said the DOJ has intentionally 'slow-walked' the judicial process.

The DOJ has kept US citizens in jail without bail for 6 months for 'trespassing', 'disturbing the peace', and vandalism'(which is what most of the 500 people are being charged with). Legal experts have confirmed the punishment for some of these crimes is a FINE, not incarceration without bail for 6 MONTHS!
- Funny, the DOJ could end up getting sued by the people they put and jail / mistreated, and end up having to pay.

:p
The Moon Bat sonofabitches were scared shitless when American Patriots protested them stealing the election.

They were afraid they were going to get tarred and feathered. Just like our Founding Fathers suggested we do with treasonous tyrants.

Trump's 4 years brought peace and prosperity. Everything you would want in a presidential administration, second hand accounts of alleged opinions by members of the military and disgruntled political hacks notwithstanding. Sex and hatred sell books and they are in it for the fame and fortune. While lefties concern themselves with the former president's strong personality it's becoming increasingly obvious that the current president's personality is deteriorating. I guess we are in for another four years of attacking Trump while the Country endures race riots, high energy prices, high murder rates and thousands of disease ridden illegal aliens infiltrating our borders.

Bitch, please!! I guess you missed the worse race riots since the 1960 Civil Rights Movement, last summer. He crashed the economy and killed half a million people.

1. The race riots were the result of the racists rioting.

2. The economy was crashed by the chinese virus. That was not his fault.

3. Your ginning the numbers of the deaths, are not fooling anyone.

To wit:

In a healthy society, his record would be compared to Biden's record as the primary issue of the campaign.

Why are you already taking steps to avoid discussing issues in the 2024 campaign? Are you that sure that Biden will be a failure?

If he does, he'll LOSE again. Trump really hasn't WON any election. He lost the popular vote in 2016 and 2020. In one term, he lost the House, the Senate and the White House. He only won the Republican nomination with 44% of the votes. 56% of Republicans voted for SOMEONE ELSE.

In a healthy administration, Trump would have run his re-election campaign on his record. Instead of spending the whole election campaign promoting lies and propaganda about the Biden Family, trying to smear Biden's reputation.

NO ONE WANTS DONALD TRUMP IN OFFICE.

Surrendering animosity unfortunately does nothing...

The Tumpsters call them disloyal and RINOs and condemn everything they say...

Look what Tucker said about the General when he spoke out... This is a guy who fought for the country ridiculed by that POS Carlson...

I stopped blaming Tucker or even Fox News... Blame the people who pay for this... I mean the whole of Fox News... The Advertisers...

If Tucker wants those views relegate him to AM radio and podcasts...

To wit:

If he does, he'll LOSE again. Trump really hasn't WON any election. He lost the popular vote in 2016 and 2020. In one term, he lost the House, the Senate and the White House. He only won the Republican nomination with 44% of the votes. 56% of Republicans voted for SOMEONE ELSE.

In a healthy administration, Trump would have run his re-election campaign on his record. Instead of spending the whole election campaign promoting lies and propaganda about the Biden Family, trying to smear Biden's reputation.

So, you didn't respect the 2016 election as a valid election because of the popular vote, even though you know that that is not our system?

So, the Constitution, doesn't mean anything to you?

Regardless, Trump spent a lot of time referencing his record during the 2020 campaign.

I agree that I hope he focuses on comparing records in 2024, instead of attacking Biden's family. Though the corruption of Biden is a valid issue.

What do you want the 2024 campaign to be about?

NOTHING IS EVER TRUMP'S FAULT, EXCEPT ALL OF IT IS TRUMP'S FAULT.

Trump didn't DEAL with the riots. He did NOTHING about the causes, nothing to stop them, and he wanted the Army to go in and shoot the protestors.

Trump's response to the virus was an abject failure - the worst in the world. The virus wasn't Trump's fault, but his mismanagement of the crisis killed half a million people.

Trump spent his entire Administration, trying to get the Justice Department to prosecute his "enemies". He failed to do ANYTHING for working Americans, and made the wealth and wage gap worse.

THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF LIPSTICK THAT YOU PUT ON THE PIG THAT IS THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION WILL MAKE ANY AMERICAN WANT TO RETURN TO THE CHAOS, INCOMPETENCE, AND THE HATE.

Wolff's book is instructive because of the argument at its heart -- that Trump was not a proto-dictator scheming to seize power, but a bumbling amateur incapable of organizing any serious threat to the nation.

Wolff rejects the portrait of Trump as someone engaged in "a corrupt, cynical, despotic effort to hold on to power and to subvert democracy." Instead, he suggests that what happened to Trump was "a far more complicated human and political tale of desperation and delusion," one in which Trump was an incompetent leader who haplessly wandered into an insurrection, only to be abandoned by his allies, like former Attorney General William Barr, and emerge in the end "a team of one."

He called for a protest to put political pressure on Congress. It got out of hand. There was a small, short riot, of a few hours.

Considering the HUNDREDS OF RIOTS from the left over the four years of the Trump presidency, one would expect that the ONE riot from the right, would not get much attention.

Unless of course, the libtards feel like using it to distract from their own far worse and far more numerous riots.
It was much bigger than a small riot, and it was incited by Trump and his cronnies with lies about election fraud that never happened.

It was one of the biggest disgraces in US history and you seem to forget they are fully investigating it and everything will be exposed.

Get ya popcorn ready !

ONe small riot, relatively little damage. In the context of widespread civil unrest from the Left.

It was nothing. A much bigger disgrace than a 4 hour delay in certification, is the violation of the rights of the righty rioters, who are being targeted far more aggressively than the lefty rioters, thus violating the equal protection clause.
Keep telling yourself that. Watch what happens when the evidence comes out.

The Trump insurrection was one of the most disgraceful events in US history.
The PIG-lousi paid criminals that started the insurrection was one of the most disgraceful events in US history.
This is the only way you can be a trumper.

You just create an alternate reality void of fact.
You people can't even admit trumpers rioted it is totally pathetic.
This is the only way you can be a scum demonRAT

You people can't even admit PIG-lousis criminals rioted---- it is totally pathetic.

NOTHING IS EVER TRUMP'S FAULT, EXCEPT ALL OF IT IS TRUMP'S FAULT.

Trump didn't DEAL with the riots. He did NOTHING about the causes, nothing to stop them, and he wanted the Army to go in and shoot the protestors.

The riots were, if they had any real cause other than anti white racism, was caused by Kansas city style policing, improperly implemented by dem city governments.

The blacks, if they wanted to have that addressed, could have that changed anytime they wanted to, by demanding it of the dem party.

Trump is not responsible for how dem mayor and dem city councils run dem police forces.

Deploying the military to protect the citizens from violent, racist thugs, would have been a good idea.

To wit:

You know on nearly every metric Trump failed...

He took a healthy Economy and left it in shit...
Immigration deportations were way down and Trump resorted to deporting mothers of US citizens
Foreign Policy was disaster, Allies had a party & Enemies feared when Biden was elected... Trumpster didn't know the difference between the two...
Divided the country...

He was basically unfit to be President...

To wit:

So, you didn't respect the 2016 election as a valid election because of the popular vote, even though you know that that is not our system?

Regardless, Trump spent a lot of time referencing his record during the 2020 campaign.

I agree that I hope he focuses on comparing records in 2024, instead of attacking Biden's family. Though the corruption of Biden is a valid issue.

Republicans have only won the popular vote for the White House, once this Century, and yet they have held the White House for 12 of the past 20 years, by winning the EC. The EC has been used by Republicans to inflict TWO of the worst Presidents in American history on the country OVER the will of the people.

The Founders came up with the EC because they feared the people would get fooled by someone like Donald Trump, and the EC would block his election. Instead, it's the EC who elevated the incompetent and the criminal to the highest office in the land.

This is because the Republican Party is essentially corrupt and willing to do ANYTHING to retain power, despite having crashed the economy 3 times in the past 40 years.

Surrendering animosity unfortunately does nothing...

The Tumpsters call them disloyal and RINOs and condemn everything they say...

Look what Tucker said about the General when he spoke out... This is a guy who fought for the country ridiculed by that POS Carlson...

I stopped blaming Tucker or even Fox News... Blame the people who pay for this... I mean the whole of Fox News... The Advertisers...

If Tucker wants those views relegate him to AM radio and podcasts...
The alternate universe is now its own separate, fully closed-circuit, even pugilistic, informational ecosystem. I don't think the world has ever seen this.

So anyone who takes part in and/or supports that ecosystem is culpable.

To wit:

You know on nearly every metric Trump failed...

He took a healthy Economy and left it in shit...
Immigration deportations were way down and Trump resorted to deporting mothers of US citizens

I got to here and I was done.

Trump inherited an aging economic expansion that was, under normal circumstances, about to end. He managed to nurse it along and even reinvigorate it, with reduced regulation, until the Chinese Virus hit.

Deporting the "mothers of US citizens" is deporting illegals. YOur excuses for NOT deporting them, is endless.

To wit:

Republicans have only won the popular vote for the White House, once this Century, and yet they have held the White House for 12 of the past 20 years, by winning the EC. The EC has been used by Republicans to inflict TWO of the worst Presidents in American history on the country OVER the will of the people.

The Founders came up with the EC because they feared the people would get fooled by someone like Donald Trump, and the EC would block his election. Instead, it's the EC who elevated the incompetent and the criminal to the highest office in the land.

This is because the Republican Party is essentially corrupt and willing to do ANYTHING to retain power, despite having crashed the economy 3 times in the past 40 years.

So, stripped of your partisan spin, that was a yes? Correct?

You don't respect elections that you lose, by the rules of the Constitution.

Kind of puts an interesting perspective on your guys panic mongering about TRump being "authoritarian".

Wolff's book is instructive because of the argument at its heart -- that Trump was not a proto-dictator scheming to seize power, but a bumbling amateur incapable of organizing any serious threat to the nation.

Wolff rejects the portrait of Trump as someone engaged in "a corrupt, cynical, despotic effort to hold on to power and to subvert democracy." Instead, he suggests that what happened to Trump was "a far more complicated human and political tale of desperation and delusion," one in which Trump was an incompetent leader who haplessly wandered into an insurrection, only to be abandoned by his allies, like former Attorney General William Barr, and emerge in the end "a team of one."

He called for a protest to put political pressure on Congress. It got out of hand. There was a small, short riot, of a few hours.

Considering the HUNDREDS OF RIOTS from the left over the four years of the Trump presidency, one would expect that the ONE riot from the right, would not get much attention.

Unless of course, the libtards feel like using it to distract from their own far worse and far more numerous riots.
It was much bigger than a small riot, and it was incited by Trump and his cronnies with lies about election fraud that never happened.

It was one of the biggest disgraces in US history and you seem to forget they are fully investigating it and everything will be exposed.

Get ya popcorn ready !

ONe small riot, relatively little damage. In the context of widespread civil unrest from the Left.

It was nothing. A much bigger disgrace than a 4 hour delay in certification, is the violation of the rights of the righty rioters, who are being targeted far more aggressively than the lefty rioters, thus violating the equal protection clause.
Keep telling yourself that. Watch what happens when the evidence comes out.

The Trump insurrection was one of the most disgraceful events in US history.
The PIG-lousi paid criminals that started the insurrection was one of the most disgraceful events in US history.
This is the only way you can be a trumper.

You people can't even admit trumpers rioted it is totally pathetic.
This is the only way you can be a scum demonRAT

You people can't even admit PIG-lousis criminals rioted---- it is totally pathetic.

What "alternate reality" would that be Skippy??? The one where Donald Trump is a great President who won re-election in a landslide? The one where Donald Trump is admired and respect throughout the free world, and beloved by everyone?

You keep referring to Democrats as "demons" and "rats", yet you elected a criminal conman, who destroyed your economy. Republicans have crashed your economy 3 times in the past 40 years, and you continue to vote for them.

As someone who doesn't live in the USA, it seems inconceivable to me that ANYONE but a complete fool, or someone who wants to see the USA completely destroyed, would re-elect Donald Trump.

Stop calling the people who have saved your ass from Republican incompetence time after time, "demons" and "rats". It makes you look really fucking stupid.

Fuck off.

Forum List

Back