The Brutal Task Facing Dems & The Only Path To Non-Extinction

The dems are now saying that they just didn't point out that Trump is a racist enough, that's why they lost.

It will be interesting to see how they will manage to descend even deeper than the bottom of the sea.

Here's the thing. Trump was EVIDENTLY racist to any eyes that could see. Trump was EVIDENTLY misogynistic to any eyes that could see. Trump was EVIDENTLY unstable to any eyes that could see.

And even with ALL THAT, the dems still got a whoopin behind the woodshed. Conclusion: this election wasn't about Trump, it was what he represented to the flock...ie: "fuck the democrats platform!". (See OP for details) With all that, Trump merely won. If the GOP had run a candidate like Kasich on the "fuck the dems" platform, Hillary and the dems would've been BURIED, deep-sixed in such an embarrassing defeat that historians would be writing about it for decades..

I must quibble with the OP. The real issue is the toxicity of Identity Politics combined with a Central Planning Big Government ideology.

The dems are now saying that they just didn't point out that Trump is a racist enough, that's why they lost.

It will be interesting to see how they will manage to descend even deeper than the bottom of the sea.

Here's the thing. Trump was EVIDENTLY racist to any eyes that could see. Trump was EVIDENTLY misogynistic to any eyes that could see. Trump was EVIDENTLY unstable to any eyes that could see.

And even with ALL THAT, the dems still got a whoopin behind the woodshed. Conclusion: this election wasn't about Trump, it was what he represented to the flock...ie: "fuck the democrats platform!". (See OP for details)

No he wasn't. That's the problem, they were so full of their stupid narrative that they forgot to point out real problems with Trump. He isn't a racist, misogynist, nazi. Of course, Hillary was a terrible candidate, which they also completely ignored.

Well, one thing is certain: they'll continue their "influencing" tactic of screaming Stupid Racist-Sexist-Homophobic-OtherDeporableIst at anyone who says something they don't like.

If they keep doing it over and over again, they're sure to get a different result....someday...in the Anti-Matter universe.

And even with ALL THAT, the dems still got a whoopin behind the woodshed. Conclusion: this election wasn't about Trump, it was what he represented to the flock...ie: "fuck the democrats platform!". (See OP for details)

No he wasn't. That's the problem, they were so full of their stupid narrative that they forgot to point out real problems with Trump. He isn't a racist, misogynist, nazi. Of course, Hillary was a terrible candidate, which they also completely ignored.

But but but...hiLIARy ate a burrito bowl, and gave hot sauce to a black DJ...while wearing a PANTSUIT. Surely, these should have won her the election.

I must quibble with the OP. The real issue is the toxicity of Identity Politics combined with a Central Planning Big Government ideology.

When you say the tranny bullshit was the real issue, you are agreeing with the OP. But you're downplaying the gay marriage decision; which bothered Scalia so much that he was found dead without any explanation as to why, with a pillow over his head, alone in a resort room in Texas. Stripping children (the main beneficiaries of the marriage contract) of either a mother or father for life, as a legal construct, eliminated even the meaning of the word "marriage". If you think that didn't land deep in the psyches of working class people across the country, you shouldn't line up anytime soon to be a strategic advisor to the DNC..

When you say the tranny bullshit was the real issue, you are agreeing with the OP. But you're downplaying the gay marriage decision; which bothered Scalia so much that he was found dead without any explanation as to why, with a pillow over his head, alone in a resort room in Texas. Stripping children (the main beneficiaries of the marriage contract) of either a mother or father for life, as a legal construct, eliminated even the meaning of the word "marriage". If you think that didn't land deep in the psyches of working class people across the country, you shouldn't line up anytime soon to be a strategic advisor to the DNC..

You are just pointing out specifics of the Identity Politics strategy, bub.

You're saying that after the endless reels played on MSNBC & CNN & Fox also of Trump saying Hispanics were all a bunch of rapists and murderers...and his tape played endlessly on all networks saying he feels at liberty to grab women by the pussy as he likes, left an American population of voters "not informed enough about Trump's flaws"?

Spin much?

How much worse do you think Hillary would've done if she said she thinks all blacks are rapists and murderers; and that she can grab any guy she likes by the balls and lead him around? She didn't though. And she still lost. If Trump's damaging comments were played any more on primetime media, they would've have to been posted as an endless repeating loop. No, the population knew all about Trump's horrendous statements and put him in the Whitehouse anyway. Turns out "fuck the democratic platform" was a really winning idea..

You're saying that after the endless reels played on MSNBC & CNN & Fox also of Trump saying Hispanics were all a bunch of rapists and murderers...and his tape played endlessly on all networks saying he feels at liberty to grab women by the pussy as he likes, left an American population of voters "not informed enough about Trump's flaws"?

Spin much?

He said some of them are rapists, and some are good people, he also said they aren't sending their best (who would sent their best?). That's fair... Mexican, also isn't a race.

Spin much?

How much worse do you think Hillary would've done if she said she thinks all blacks are rapists and murderers; and that she can grab any guy she likes by the balls and lead him around? She didn't though. And she still lost.

You want to pass some laws allowing censorship of the press?

No, idiot. I was pointing out that if Trump's flaws were to be more exposed to the voters before they chose him over the dems anyways, they'd have to be played on an endless repeating loop on all networks.

EVERYONE knew Trump said Hispanics were all rapists and murderers. EVERYONE knew Trump said he felt at liberty to grab women by the pussy. EVERYONE knew these things and more about him, played ad nauseum on all networks; and still they put him and the GOP in power. The vote was a referendum on the democratic platform (see OP for details).

Nice attempt at a strawman though. A bit obvious. Might want to be a little more smooth about it next time.

No, idiot. I was pointing out that if Trump's flaws were to be more exposed to the voters before they chose him over the dems anyways, they'd have to be played on an endless repeating loop on all networks.

EVERYONE knew Trump said Hispanics were all rapists and murderers. EVERYONE knew Trump said he felt at liberty to grab women by the pussy. EVERYONE knew these things and more about him, played ad nauseum on all networks; and still they put him and the GOP in power. The vote was a referendum on the democratic platform (see OP for details).

Nice attempt at a strawman though. A bit obvious. Might want to be a little more smooth about it next time.

Ok, so it's official. Character no longer matters in our presidential elections.

The real reason why Trump won is that he was simply more entertaining. By all reasonable standards, this election should have been a 50 state sweep for Clinton. Just saying that she won the popular majority is pitiful. She ran a lousy campaign. She was the ho-hum, bore me to death candidate.

What did she stand for? No change whatsoever. No new vision, no new policies. Her primary justification was 'I'm a woman'.
I for one couldn't care less what her gender is.

Trump on the other hand got people excited. He stood for change...nobody's sure what change or whether it will be for the better or worse. But one thing is for sure...it's going to be an exciting next 4 years. I don't think that's a good thing. I'd rather have ho-hum.

Ok, so it's official. Character no longer matters in our presidential elections.

It does matter. But even with Trump's horrible character, his platform "fuck the dems" was his saving grace. Because voters considered the dems platform THAT BAD...People understood that 4 more years of Obama/dem's fruitcake platform meant that Obergefell would be set in cement by dems filling the USSC appointments.

Nobody is arguing here that 2016's choice was a choice of the lesser of two evils.

The real reason why Trump won is that he was simply more entertaining. By all reasonable standards, this election should have been a 50 state sweep for Clinton. Just saying that she won the popular majority is pitiful. She ran a lousy campaign. She was the ho-hum, bore me to death candidate.

What did she stand for? No change whatsoever. No new vision, no new policies. Her primary justification was 'I'm a woman'.
I for one couldn't care less what her gender is.

Trump on the other hand got people excited. He stood for change...nobody's sure what change or whether it will be for the better or worse. But one thing is for sure...it's going to be an exciting next 4 years. I don't think that's a good thing. I'd rather have ho-hum.

I posted a long time ago that for the last 40 years, the person who has won the presidency, setting everything else aside,

has been the person with the most charisma. Even when the choice might have been slim vs. none.

That indicator has a perfect record.

Yep. Because the dems losing down-ballot also fits your model ^^

NOT. This year's election was a referendum on "fuck the dem's platform". And the OP spells out exactly which one I'm talking about.

Forum List

Back