The Bush Administration Was "ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN" That Saddam Hussein Had WMDs

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Moreover, that he was determined to use them.

We now know that was a blatant LIE.

Here's some of the gems that brought us to war with the wrong country for the wrong reasons. These are all quotes...

George Bush said:
Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction

Donald Rumsfeld said:
Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Dick Cheney said:
Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.

George "aWol" Bush said:
If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.

George "aWol" Bush said:
We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more.

Colin Powell said:
Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

George "aWol" Bush said:
Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes.

George "aWol" Bush said:
Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes.

Donald Rumsfeld said:
Obviously the administration intends to publicize all the weapons of mass destruction U.S. forces find -- and there will be plenty.

Ari Fleisher said:
There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. And . . . as this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them.

Donald Rumsfeld said:
We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so.

George "aWol" Bush said:
I'm absolutely sure that there are weapons of mass destruction there and the evidence will be forthcoming. We're just getting it just now.

With all that alleged certainty, you don't just NOT be able to prove it. They lied to us, and they lied repeatedly and for a singular purpose of getting the country in a frame of mind to go to war.

How do the Republicans of USMB reconcile this? What's your response?

Last edited:
I think they were moved to Syria. There is no question that Saddam used WND's to kill all those Kurds. That was enough reason to remove him right there.

Last edited:
Well, at one point the US did have proof of dangerous chemical weapons in Iraq. They had sold them to Hussein and had the payments to show for it.

It was clearly a war for oil. That's why we import so much of our oil from Iraq now and it's our's for free.

Anyway, thank God Bush ended the war in Iraq finally.

Last edited:
I can't help but notice the OP is lacking of quotes from all the Democrats who also said Saddam had WMDs. Including our current Secretary of State.

Last edited:
..and he did have them. Google is you're friend.

I knew we'd have one...

Donald Rumsfeld said:
For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on.

Paul Wolfowitz said:
It was a surprise to me then Eit remains a surprise to me now Ethat we have not uncovered weapons, as you say, in some of the forward dispersal sites. Believe me, it's not for lack of trying. We've been to virtually every ammunition supply point between the Kuwaiti border and Baghdad, but they're simply not there.

Please provide that proof of the WMDs that were found.

Thanks.

I can't help but notice the OP is lacking of quotes from all the Democrats who also said Saddam had WMDs.

Here's my source: A History Of Lies: WMD, Who Said What and When

There were no LWers quotes there.

However, I'm not opposed to them.

I selected the quotes not based on party affiliation, but on content.

Look at the certainty in their words.

I gaurantee that no matter what LWer quote you provide they won't be as certain, or as pro-going-to-war as the statements in my OP.

Go for it.

I think they were moved to Syria. There is no question that Saddam used WND's to kill all those Kurds.

You think?

Really?

What happened to all that certainty?

Do you deny that Kurds were killed by the use of WND's in north Iraq on March 16, 1988?
No, I'm not sure about that.

But it's STAGGERING that you've gone back to the '80s in an attempt to obfuscate and excuse Bush and his Administration for their blunders and lies.

Nuff sed.

Moreover, that he was determined to use them.

We now know that was a blatant LIE.

Here's some of the gems that brought us to war with the wrong country for the wrong reasons. These are all quotes...

George Bush said:
Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction

Donald Rumsfeld said:
Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Donald Rumsfeld said:
We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so.

George "aWol" Bush said:
I'm absolutely sure that there are weapons of mass destruction there and the evidence will be forthcoming. We're just getting it just now.

With all that alleged certainty, you don't just NOT be able to prove it. They lied to us, and they lied repeatedly and for a singular purpose of getting the country in a frame of mind to go to war.

How do the Republicans of USMB reconcile this? What's your response?
The smoking gun is when Bush told the British government he was going to "fix the intel" around the policy in the Downing Street Minutes and then went out and did it.

It's funny, all the neo's claim DSM was a forgery, but no one from either government that took part in those meetings as come out and publically stated that. Which means, the only forgery, was the neocons baseless accusation to discredit the source.

Do you deny that Kurds were killed by the use of WND's in north Iraq on March 16, 1988?
There's evidence to indicate they were killed by Iranian gas and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I can't help but notice the OP is lacking of quotes from all the Democrats who also said Saddam had WMDs.

Here's my source: A History Of Lies: WMD, Who Said What and When

There were no LWers quotes there.

However, I'm not opposed to them.

I selected the quotes not based on party affiliation, but on content.

Look at the certainty in their words.

I gaurantee that no matter what LWer quote you provide they won't be as certain, or as pro-going-to-war as the statements in my OP.

Go for it.

How about a few years before the Iraqi invasion?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." - - - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999
Lest We Forget - Origins Of The WMD Ploy

I can't help but notice the OP is lacking of quotes from all the Democrats who also said Saddam had WMDs. Including our current Secretary of State.
The Democrats are complicit, but not more so than the ones who created the lie.

Forum List

Back