The Bush Administration Was "ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN" That Saddam Hussein Had WMDs

We knew he had them back in the late 80's and early 90's, because we're the ones who sold him the gas.

But he had no WMD's after 1993 and couldn't make any because we destroyed his infrastucture.

President Clinton thought he did;
In 1995, Hussein Kamal, Saddam's son-in-law, and the chief organizer of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program, defected to Jordan. He revealed that Iraq was continuing to conceal weapons and missiles and the capacity to build many more.

Then and only then did Iraq admit to developing numbers of weapons in significant quantities and weapon stocks. Previously, it had vehemently denied the very thing it just simply admitted once Saddam Hussein's son-in-law defected to Jordan and told the truth. Now listen to this, what did it admit?

It admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability notably 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs.

And I might say UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production.

As if we needed further confirmation, you all know what happened to his son-in-law when he made the untimely decision to go back to Iraq.

Text Of Clinton Statement On Iraq - February 17, 1998
But he didn't send in troops.

True but he did sign the Iraq Liberation Act which was used by the Bush Jr. administration to get congress on board with the invasion...

Loinboy,
Not all Americans are naive enough to think that the Iraq WMD issue was the creation of Bush, that the melt down of the financial system was the total responsibility of the Republican party, however, there are those that are naive and gullible enough to believe anything, just look at who they reelected? For such an enlightened educated person as yourself, I am amazed at how gullible you are and how little research you have done concerning these issues you profess to have such deep understanding of.

All intel from not just us, but the allies as well concluded what was announced... and even the beloved DEMs went on the same information even before Bush was in office...

This whole BDS, Bush Lied crapola has got to fucking stop
All the intel didn't say that! They deliberately cherry-picked the intel that went along with the policy that they already decided.

You do not "choose" to go to war; you go to war as a last resort, when you have no other choice. A war of "choice", is a war of aggression. No different that the Nazis going into Poland.

It was clearly a war for oil. That's why we import so much of our oil from Iraq now and it's our's for free.

Anyway, thank God Bush ended the war in Iraq finally.
Yeah, right.....and, he's invented a machine that turns dog-shit into gold, too.

handjob.gif

It was clearly a war for oil. That's why we import so much of our oil from Iraq now and it's our's for free.

How much oil are we importing from them?

Gotta be a lot. Since the war was not over WMD's it was actually for Oil. You know, so Bush and Cheney could get more money.

I will not defend Bush on this but you guys really need to take the blinders off and see this was a bi-partisan screw job!

All intel from not just us, but the allies as well concluded what was announced... and even the beloved DEMs went on the same information even before Bush was in office...

This whole BDS, Bush Lied crapola has got to fucking stop
All the intel didn't say that! They deliberately cherry-picked the intel that went along with the policy that they already decided.

You do not "choose" to go to war; you go to war as a last resort, when you have no other choice. A war of "choice", is a war of aggression. No different that the Nazis going into Poland.

The VAST majority of the intel did indeed say that.. PERIOD.. that is not even debatable

You know about as much about war as Richard Simmons knows about being straight

Idiot

Last edited:
Were there WMDs in Iraq when we invaded?

I think some people would scream "YES!!!" even in the presence of a complete lack of evidence.

I think some people would scream "YES!!!" if a few leaky, old shells buried in the sand were found.

Neither of these situations would warrant an invasion of another country.

And then there are those who would scream "NO!!!" even if fifty thousand tons of sarin were found stashed under Saddam's bed.

Some people are so desperate to believe there were WMDs in Iraq they are grabbing onto the idea that Syria's WMDs had to come from Iraq like a drowning man grabbing a life preserver. Again without the slightest bit of evidence, and in the face of evidence such a proposition is impossible.

You know what? I don't care if there were WMDs in Iraq or not. I believe we were going to war with Iraq again sooner or later. Having served over there, I know this in my gut. The man was not going to quit his megalomaniacal dream to take over the Middle East.

I do have reservations about a pre-emptive attack for the first time in our history. That's a really dangerous precedent. You might think your guy is right to do so, but some future President is going to use that precedent to justify his own pre-emptive attack someday.

It seems partisans never think about the bar they are setting and how it will be used later by someone they hate or mistrust.

Anyway...

My biggest problem with the war in Iraq is not the WMDs. Not at all. My biggest problem with the war is with the way it was prosecuted. It was amateur hour on Bush's part. Demobilizing the Iraqi Army is going to go down as the biggest military blunder in American history.

Bush's pipe dream that Iraq was going to be instantly transformed into a Libertarian paradise is borderline insane. The man was just plain stupid.

But Saddam had to go. He really did. WMDs or no WMDs.

Last edited:
Look you moron, a democrat controlled congress most of which believed Saddam had WMD's approved the war in Iraq.
Democrats didn't control Congress until the 2006 mid-terms, 3 years after the war started.
The Senate was split 50-50 at the beginning of his first term and 49-49-2 at the end of his second term. However, this situation changed on May 24, 2001, when the liberal Republican Senator Jim Jeffords switched his party affiliation to become the only Independent senator and announced that he would caucus with the Democrats. This gave the Democrats the advantage of out-voting the Republicans on issues in the Senate.

Iraq War Resolution Votes

Republican 48 Ayes-- 1 Nays- 0
Democratic 29 Ayes-- 21 Nays- 0
Independent 0--1 Nay- 0
TOTALS 77 Ayes-- 23 Nays- 0

Amazing, we are on the precipice of a nagging relentless financial and economic melt down yet people waste their time concerning woulda, coulda, shoulda, in the vain attempt to detract from the reality of today.

President Clinton thought he did;

True but he did sign the Iraq Liberation Act which was used by the Bush Jr. administration to get congress on board with the invasion...

Hate to burst your bubble, Skippy, but....Clinton's efforts were to......

You Teabaggers make this tooooooooooooooooo easy!!!

249.gif

Last edited:
Loinboy,
Not all Americans are naive enough to think that the Iraq WMD issue was the creation of Bush, that the melt down of the financial system was the total responsibility of the Republican party, however, there are those that are naive and gullible enough to believe anything, just look at who they reelected? For such an enlightened educated person as yourself, I am amazed at how gullible you are and how little research you have done concerning these issues you profess to have such deep understanding of.
Saying he "created" the issue, was a poor choice of words. It's creation was the PNAC. Bush just made it happen. And I've made it clear the dems are complicit. But I have never said the meltdown is all on the Reps, so I don't know where your getting that idea. I said the war contributed to the meltdown. It's costing us $12 billion a month.

As for "gullible" and "little research" claim, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion on what I have just said. I've done a lot of research on this and can argue the finer points of this issue with anyone. Go ahead and ask me any question on this issue and I'll give you an immediate answer. That's how much research I've done to date.

Stupid thread. Bush is no longer in charge of anything, but the lefties continue these mindless rants in a failed attempt to take the attention away from obama and his incompetence and lying.

and, for the record, The entire world believed Saddam had WMDs---the UN, the EU, UK, FRance, Germany, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, france--------everyone! Maybe they were all wrong, but to claim that Bush made it all up because he wanted a war is just stupid.

249.gif

Regardless on what it was signed for was it not used by the Bush Administration to push the invasion? If it was then what are you arguing with me about? Btw, I don't drink tea...

Also, whats with the multi colored overly fonted posting?!?!

Last edited:
Saddam did have WMD's, the problem is that stupid people still think WMD's means Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear. But if one actually takes the time to read UNSCOM 1441 they will find the definition covers a variety of other weapons as well, such as the Al Samoud 2 missile which was (as defined) a WMD which violated the maximum range (250km) Iraqi missiles were allowed to have under those UN sanctions, hell they were still trying to hide them in the days before we went into Iraq a second time. But idiots may feel free to blame Bush all you want but the definitions of WMD's in the UN sanctions were quite clear, and all the irrational hatred of Bush isn't going to change that fact that Saddam did in fact have WMD's.
LINK: Al-Samoud II - Iraq Special Weapons

249.gif

From the link you provided:

(5) Hostilities in Operation Desert Storm ended on February 28, 1991, and Iraq subsequently accepted the ceasefire conditions specified in United Nations Security Council Resolution 687 (April 3, 1991) requiring Iraq, among other things, to disclose fully and permit the dismantlement of its weapons of mass destruction programs and submit to long-term monitoring and verification of such dismantlement.

SEC. 3. SENSE OF THE CONGRESS REGARDING UNITED STATES POLICY TOWARD IRAQ.

It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.

I think they were moved to Syria. There is no question that Saddam used WND's to kill all those Kurds. That was enough reason to remove him right there.

And what was the Raygun Administrations response to Iraq using them against Iran and the Kurds? Did he sanction them and halt their most favored trade status? No of course not. In fact they fought a Congressional sanction against Iraq.

Forum List

Back