The Cappucino Corral

Good morning everyone. It is chilly outside today. We leave for the cabin in several hours and I hope to see my first flakes in the sky this weekend. I hope ya'll have a wonderful morning. Cheers!

If it snows here, I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

J/K ... I like the snow. Just don't want to shovel it or drive on ice.

We're having a mini winter here in south Texas. It went down to near freezing....fortunately I had all my plants inside already. It is still cold, so I'm fixing to go get me some coffee and maybe some biscuits with sausage gravy over them...........will talk to you all later. Have a great day!

Did you also remember to bring in your pants? :D

The cactus now that flower has opened. I don't think it got above 30 today. I spent most of the day painting. Catsby - the real reason for a bed in the guest room. Look at those eyes. He's trouble in a fur coat.

View attachment 34017View attachment 34018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cactus blooms are awesome.

Catsby looks like he needs something to keep him out of trouble.
we've had many a cat at our house over the years .
there is no need to spend lots of money on toys for them ribbon ,paper bags and a laser pointer is all you need.

Every cat we've ever had is perfectly content with boxes, paper bags, or wrapping paper left over from X-mas. Much more so than any fancy cat toy. Cats can't resist chasing the red dot, LOL. It's great exercise for them and hilarious to watch.

The cactus now that flower has opened. I don't think it got above 30 today. I spent most of the day painting. Catsby - the real reason for a bed in the guest room. Look at those eyes. He's trouble in a fur coat.

View attachment 34017View attachment 34018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cactus blooms are awesome.

Catsby looks like he needs something to keep him out of trouble.
there is no need to spend lots of money on toys for them ribbon ,paper bags and a laser pointer is all you need.

Yup, they love boxes and paper bags.

Here is a link to my paintings, the one I sold at the royal college of art is called, 'the eclipse'

My paintings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:thup:

You should take up painting again, Dajjal, because you are really good in my opinion.

I was quite pleased to see my old paintings when I looked up the link to the thread I posted them on. But most of my efforts remain unfinished, and cluttering up my flat. I tend to think they are all third rate and what I was trying to do has been done far better by the likes of Burne Jones. So I don't need to add to the clutter in my flat with more unfinished works.

Have you thought about trying to finish them instead? Or just painting over them with something else?

Here is a link to my paintings, the one I sold at the royal college of art is called, 'the eclipse'

You should take up painting again, Dajjal, because you are really good in my opinion.

I was quite pleased to see my old paintings when I looked up the link to the thread I posted them on. But most of my efforts remain unfinished, and cluttering up my flat. I tend to think they are all third rate and what I was trying to do has been done far better by the likes of Burne Jones. So I don't need to add to the clutter in my flat with more unfinished works.

I think most of us that paint are too hard on ourselves. I feel embarrassed when my husband points out that I'm a good artist.....when I tell him not to do that, he looks at me funny, like, "but you are!"........I have framed several, and they hang in my home, but there is only a couple that am I really pleased with.

Good morning everyone. It is chilly outside today. We leave for the cabin in several hours and I hope to see my first flakes in the sky this weekend. I hope ya'll have a wonderful morning. Cheers!

We're having a mini winter here in south Texas. It went down to near freezing....fortunately I had all my plants inside already. It is still cold, so I'm fixing to go get me some coffee and maybe some biscuits with sausage gravy over them...........will talk to you all later. Have a great day!

Yes.....I pulled them up.........:D

I also brought in my P L A N T S......:cool:

here's a cat story for you :
we found a stray black and white stray and named it Felix (found out later Felix is a guy's name he she ,well she was not.)
anyway she was a most secret cat spent most of her time under the bed or in the closet..
for dinner one night I baked a whole chicken, This is important because Felix was even for a cat, tiny and very light 6lbs maybe .
I had taken the bird out of the oven and was waiting for my wife to get home from work. when she did we got to talking like people do after a long day.
then crash!
the unmistakable sound of a baking sheet hitting the floor.
to our total shock, this tiny quiet cat was carrying a chicken that weighed more then she did in her jaws trying to make a break for the closet.
she almost made it.

frozen PANTS are hard to fold.

we found a stray black and white stray and named it Felix (found out later Felix is a guy's name he she ,well she was not.)
anyway she was a most secret cat spent most of her time under the bed or in the closet..
for dinner one night I baked a whole chicken, This is important because Felix was even for a cat, tiny and very light 6lbs maybe .
I had taken the bird out of the oven and was waiting for my wife to get home from work. when she did we got to talking like people do after a long day.
then crash!
to our total shock, this tiny quiet cat was carrying a chicken that weighed more then she did in her jaws trying to make a break for the closet.
she almost made it.

:rofl:

frozen PANTS are hard to fold.

That explains why Mertex hangs them in her windows instead. ;)

I think most of us that paint are too hard on ourselves. I feel embarrassed when my husband points out that I'm a good artist.....when I tell him not to do that, he looks at me funny, like, "but you are!"........I have framed several, and they hang in my home, but there is only a couple that am I really pleased with.

I'm usually pleased by my painting, until my wife comes by and tells me, "you left a holiday there, and over there and the brushes haven't been properly cleaned and when are you going to ...."

then crash!
she almost made it.

Too funny!! We had a couple cats that knocked over a box of cereal all over the kitchen floor and were playing with it and it was like 2:00 in the morning and I could not figure out what the noise was all about. I went in there and they just froze and looked at me and went running. I wasn't even mad. I was laughing too hard. They were covered in Rice Krispees. LOL

We're going out to dinner tonight, to the Chart House (Landry's restaurant) in the Hemisfair Tower in San Antonio. It's an annual thing that we do with these friends of ours....have been doing it for the past 4 years.

The food is excellent and the view is spectacular....it spins, slowly....:)

28062-san-antonio-tower_of_americas2.jpg

We're going out to dinner tonight, to the Chart House (Landry's restaurant) in the Hemisfair Tower in San Antonio. It's an annual thing that we do with these friends of ours....have been doing it for the past 4 years.

The food is excellent and the view is spectacular....it spins, slowly....:)

28062-san-antonio-tower_of_americas2.jpg

Mertex , that is an awesome pic!

I am thrilled to see that folks are starting to just come to the CC, grab a cup of Cappuccino and shoot the shit with other fine folks. I see that the number of regulars is growing and hope to see many, many guests in the coming weeks.

I am deep in a family issue right now, so I just can't respond to all postings, but in about 10 days, I should be back into a pretty normal rhythm.

I"m thinking about having an "invite your opposite" day here, meaning that everyone would specifically invite one or two members who are diametrically opposite to them to come over and just enjoy one's company.

What do you all think of this idea?

Those are great! I wish I were that talented.

Our cat loves those little plastic cap rings from milk containers. And bugs. She'll chirp at the bugs while she's killing them. She's more eco-friendly than bug spray. :)

I"m thinking about having an "invite your opposite" day here, meaning that everyone would specifically invite one or two members who are diametrically opposite to them to come over and just enjoy one's company.

What do you all think of this idea?

My "opposite" has his messages turned off. :laugh: I'll find someone sort of opposite.

Forum List

Back