The Cappucino Corral

We're going out to dinner tonight, to the Chart House (Landry's restaurant) in the Hemisfair Tower in San Antonio. It's an annual thing that we do with these friends of ours....have been doing it for the past 4 years.

The food is excellent and the view is spectacular....it spins, slowly....:)

28062-san-antonio-tower_of_americas2.jpg

Mertex , that is an awesome pic!

I am thrilled to see that folks are starting to just come to the CC, grab a cup of Cappuccino and shoot the shit with other fine folks. I see that the number of regulars is growing and hope to see many, many guests in the coming weeks.

I am deep in a family issue right now, so I just can't respond to all postings, but in about 10 days, I should be back into a pretty normal rhythm.

I"m thinking about having an "invite your opposite" day here, meaning that everyone would specifically invite one or two members who are diametrically opposite to them to come over and just enjoy one's company.

What do you all think of this idea?

You really are one of the most kind hearted posters here.

Yes, I would be willing to invite my opposite but dang! There are so many!

;)

Well, then, invite them all!!

Here is a link to my paintings, the one I sold at the royal college of art is called, 'the eclipse'

My paintings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I just posted to that thread.

Thanks very much for sharing these. You really are quite good and I do hope you decide to paint again.

I'll have to post pictures of some of my paintings. I can't seem to get a good picture....the one I took with the flash on had a reflection, then I turned the flash off and the picture seemed blurry.....I'll have to try again....maybe my phone camera will do a better job.

Just notice this thread after i posted in The Coffee Shop. Mocha Cappuccino and scones are my latest favorite afternoon pick me up, so maybe i'll double fist it today, lol. Hey there everyone..

Hello and Welcome to USMB Bonita....and nice of you to drop in. Hope you'll visit again, soon and we can get to know you better.

welcome-45.gif

The cactus now that flower has opened. I don't think it got above 30 today. I spent most of the day painting. Catsby - the real reason for a bed in the guest room. Look at those eyes. He's trouble in a fur coat.

View attachment 34017View attachment 34018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cactus blooms are awesome.

Catsby looks like he needs something to keep him out of trouble.
we've had many a cat at our house over the years .
there is no need to spend lots of money on toys for them ribbon ,paper bags and a laser pointer is all you need.

Yup, they love boxes and paper bags.

I agree with you all.

Catsby does need things to keep him out of trouble but nothing works. He's like a toddler/puppy. He chews plastic so we're constantly Catsby-proofing. He picks on his sister. She's older but she half his size and he drives her crazy.

You could spend $50 on a toy for them but they'll always prefer the box it came in.

My husband is naughty.....he got the cats a new scratching board and it came with a package of catnip.....he spread the catnip on the board and on their sleeping post....you should have seen Dolly.....she was rolling and flipping on it, I was afraid she was going to fall out of the top spot and land on one of my plants. She was higher than a kite! :laugh:

We're having a mini winter here in south Texas. It went down to near freezing....fortunately I had all my plants inside already. It is still cold, so I'm fixing to go get me some coffee and maybe some biscuits with sausage gravy over them...........will talk to you all later. Have a great day!

Did you also remember to bring in your pants? :D

Yes.....I pulled them up.........:D

I also brought in my P L A N T S......:cool:
frozen PANTS are hard to fold.

That explains why Mertex hangs them in her windows instead. ;)

And I'm sure you'll be telling us how you know that ...................

:link:

With photos.

In full color.

:woohoo:

:disagree:

Well, our dinner was spectacular. I would have taken a picture of my plate but my husband hates for me to bring my camera out when we are with friends, so I was nice and didn't. I had the filet mignon with baked potato and sizzling mushrooms on the side. I also had a glass of Rosa Regale, and their Kale and Butternut squash Salad with goat cheeze and candied walnuts.......for dessert I ordered a Souffle (vanilla) that was delicious....but it was so big I had to let everyone dig in. I ended up bringing some of my steak, potato and mushrooms home.....yummmm, they'll be so good tomorrow for lunch.

Well, it's late and I'm going to bed....see y'all tomorrow.

good-night48.jpg

Did you also remember to bring in your pants? :D

With photos.

In full color.

On the advice of my lawyer I have decided that I will plead the 5th. :D

Nah!

What harm can one little picture do? ;)

55l7.jpg

We're going out to dinner tonight, to the Chart House (Landry's restaurant) in the Hemisfair Tower in San Antonio. It's an annual thing that we do with these friends of ours....have been doing it for the past 4 years.

I am thrilled to see that folks are starting to just come to the CC, grab a cup of Cappuccino and shoot the shit with other fine folks. I see that the number of regulars is growing and hope to see many, many guests in the coming weeks.

I am deep in a family issue right now, so I just can't respond to all postings, but in about 10 days, I should be back into a pretty normal rhythm.

I"m thinking about having an "invite your opposite" day here, meaning that everyone would specifically invite one or two members who are diametrically opposite to them to come over and just enjoy one's company.

;)

Okay ...

@Luddly Opposites

You're all invited to coffee and scones here, any and all mornings!

Y'all come!

The cactus now that flower has opened. I don't think it got above 30 today. I spent most of the day painting. Catsby - the real reason for a bed in the guest room. Look at those eyes. He's trouble in a fur coat.

View attachment 34017View attachment 34018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is no need to spend lots of money on toys for them ribbon ,paper bags and a laser pointer is all you need.

I agree with you all.

Catsby does need things to keep him out of trouble but nothing works. He's like a toddler/puppy. He chews plastic so we're constantly Catsby-proofing. He picks on his sister. She's older but she half his size and he drives her crazy.

You could spend $50 on a toy for them but they'll always prefer the box it came in.

My husband is naughty.....he got the cats a new scratching board and it came with a package of catnip.....he spread the catnip on the board and on their sleeping post....you should have seen Dolly.....she was rolling and flipping on it, I was afraid she was going to fall out of the top spot and land on one of my plants. She was higher than a kite! :laugh:

Many years ago, friends arrived with gifts, including one for the cats, which they hung on the tree. Then we all went out to dinner.

The cats' gift contained catnip. When we got home, the tree was demolished and spread from one end of the house to the other. And the cats were exhausted and hungover.

With photos.

In full color.

Nah!

55l7.jpg

O
M
G

Wait till Mertex sees this.

Man oh man, Derideo_Te - YOU are in BIG trouble.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Woke up to a nice sunny day but its 36 :shock: Good thing I stocked-up on cold weather gear :afro:

36?

That would feel like a heat wave here.

Its so cold here the weather app on my phone has stopped working.

Beautiful mist over the lake at dawn and the sky was streaked blue and pink. I saw a V of geese go over and the brave ducks have quacked across the lake a couple of times. I put out bird seed and the rascally Blue jays are out there squabbling over their favorites.

With photos.

In full color.

Nah!

55l7.jpg

I wish my kitchen counter would look that neat...........:D

Good morning! It's terribly chilly here in the PA Highlands. We have a fire roaring and a giant pot of tea on the stove. I feel some board games and cocktails in my life around noon. Nothing like a weekend at the cabin. Cheers!

Can I come over? I love fireplace fires, and board games......I can brew me own coffee......tea doesn't do much for me unless it is iced....:)

;)

Okay ...

@Luddly Opposites

You're all invited to coffee and scones here, any and all mornings!

Y'all come!

I'm not big on scones.....I'd rather have an English Muffin with butter and jelly.....and coffee....you gotta have coffee!

I agree with you all.

Many years ago, friends arrived with gifts, including one for the cats, which they hung on the tree. Then we all went out to dinner.

The cats' gift contained catnip. When we got home, the tree was demolished and spread from one end of the house to the other. And the cats were exhausted and hungover.

Would you say that catnip is Cat's idea of pot? :dunno:

Forum List

Back