The Cappucino Corral

Wouldn't let me post this picture......with the other one...

home.jpg
looks like more fun than a run 'o the mill restaurant. Something you will remember.

Good morning everyone. It is chilly outside today. We leave for the cabin in several hours and I hope to see my first flakes in the sky this weekend. I hope ya'll have a wonderful morning. Cheers!

If it snows here, I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

J/K ... I like the snow. Just don't want to shovel it or drive on ice.

We're having a mini winter here in south Texas. It went down to near freezing....fortunately I had all my plants inside already. It is still cold, so I'm fixing to go get me some coffee and maybe some biscuits with sausage gravy over them...........will talk to you all later. Have a great day!

Did you also remember to bring in your pants? :D

Bring in her WHAT?

The cactus now that flower has opened. I don't think it got above 30 today. I spent most of the day painting. Catsby - the real reason for a bed in the guest room. Look at those eyes. He's trouble in a fur coat.

View attachment 34017View attachment 34018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cactus blooms are awesome.

Catsby looks like he needs something to keep him out of trouble.
we've had many a cat at our house over the years .
there is no need to spend lots of money on toys for them ribbon ,paper bags and a laser pointer is all you need.

Yup, they love boxes and paper bags.

I agree with you all.

Catsby does need things to keep him out of trouble but nothing works. He's like a toddler/puppy. He chews plastic so we're constantly Catsby-proofing. He picks on his sister. She's older but she half his size and he drives her crazy.

You could spend $50 on a toy for them but they'll always prefer the box it came in.

Here is a link to my paintings, the one I sold at the royal college of art is called, 'the eclipse'

My paintings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:thup:

You should take up painting again, Dajjal, because you are really good in my opinion.

I was quite pleased to see my old paintings when I looked up the link to the thread I posted them on. But most of my efforts remain unfinished, and cluttering up my flat. I tend to think they are all third rate and what I was trying to do has been done far better by the likes of Burne Jones. So I don't need to add to the clutter in my flat with more unfinished works.

I think most of us that paint are too hard on ourselves. I feel embarrassed when my husband points out that I'm a good artist.....when I tell him not to do that, he looks at me funny, like, "but you are!"........I have framed several, and they hang in my home, but there is only a couple that am I really pleased with.

That's true. We don't give ourselves permission to be artists rather than cameras. My work is ultra-realistic and I wish I could work looser.

I also have my work hanging in our home and it drives me nuts. Its all I can do not to rip them out of their frames and "fix" this or that.

here's a cat story for you :
we found a stray black and white stray and named it Felix (found out later Felix is a guy's name he she ,well she was not.)
anyway she was a most secret cat spent most of her time under the bed or in the closet..
for dinner one night I baked a whole chicken, This is important because Felix was even for a cat, tiny and very light 6lbs maybe .
I had taken the bird out of the oven and was waiting for my wife to get home from work. when she did we got to talking like people do after a long day.
then crash!
the unmistakable sound of a baking sheet hitting the floor.
to our total shock, this tiny quiet cat was carrying a chicken that weighed more then she did in her jaws trying to make a break for the closet.
she almost made it.

Hey, she figured she caught it, she killed and it was hers!

When I was a kid, I had a cat who we would watch in her stealth mode. Just her tiny paw would come up from the chair, feel around until she found her prey and then ZOOM - she'd nab it and take off. We would actually give her food just so we could watch her do that. And she never figured out that it was a set-up.

Or maybe she just let us think we were fooling her. Cats are like that.

But, as an adult on my own, I had a cat who would stretch out on my table and watch me eat. He would never ever go near my food. Bless his heart - I just adored that cat.

OTOH, I've adored all the cats who have shared my life.

If it snows here, I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

J/K ... I like the snow. Just don't want to shovel it or drive on ice.

We're having a mini winter here in south Texas. It went down to near freezing....fortunately I had all my plants inside already. It is still cold, so I'm fixing to go get me some coffee and maybe some biscuits with sausage gravy over them...........will talk to you all later. Have a great day!

Yes.....I pulled them up.........:D

I also brought in my P L A N T S......:cool:
frozen PANTS are hard to fold.

That explains why Mertex hangs them in her windows instead. ;)

And I'm sure you'll be telling us how you know that ...................

:link:

With photos.

In full color.

:woohoo:

Here is a link to my paintings, the one I sold at the royal college of art is called, 'the eclipse'

My paintings US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:thup:

You should take up painting again, Dajjal, because you are really good in my opinion.

I was quite pleased to see my old paintings when I looked up the link to the thread I posted them on. But most of my efforts remain unfinished, and cluttering up my flat. I tend to think they are all third rate and what I was trying to do has been done far better by the likes of Burne Jones. So I don't need to add to the clutter in my flat with more unfinished works.

I think most of us that paint are too hard on ourselves. I feel embarrassed when my husband points out that I'm a good artist.....when I tell him not to do that, he looks at me funny, like, "but you are!"........I have framed several, and they hang in my home, but there is only a couple that am I really pleased with.

I'm usually pleased by my painting, until my wife comes by and tells me, "you left a holiday there, and over there and the brushes haven't been properly cleaned and when are you going to ...."

hmmmm

That's bad.

We need to paint for ourselves first and others last.

Does it bother you?

here's a cat story for you :
we found a stray black and white stray and named it Felix (found out later Felix is a guy's name he she ,well she was not.)
anyway she was a most secret cat spent most of her time under the bed or in the closet..
for dinner one night I baked a whole chicken, This is important because Felix was even for a cat, tiny and very light 6lbs maybe .
I had taken the bird out of the oven and was waiting for my wife to get home from work. when she did we got to talking like people do after a long day.
then crash!
the unmistakable sound of a baking sheet hitting the floor.
to our total shock, this tiny quiet cat was carrying a chicken that weighed more then she did in her jaws trying to make a break for the closet.
she almost made it.

Too funny!! We had a couple cats that knocked over a box of cereal all over the kitchen floor and were playing with it and it was like 2:00 in the morning and I could not figure out what the noise was all about. I went in there and they just froze and looked at me and went running. I wasn't even mad. I was laughing too hard. They were covered in Rice Krispees. LOL

Yeah, that's the thing about cats.

All those "shaming" photos of dogs. Cats don't even bother to pretend to be sorry.

Just notice this thread after i posted in The Coffee Shop. Mocha Cappuccino and scones are my latest favorite afternoon pick me up, so maybe i'll double fist it today, lol. Hey there everyone..

Hey Bonita Louise

Belly up to the bar, pick your poison and dig in.

That's my crude way of saying Welcome!

Do you make scones? I've never met a scone I liked. Too heavy. I'd love to find a recipe that made a lighter end result. Maybe that would be called a muffin?

We're going out to dinner tonight, to the Chart House (Landry's restaurant) in the Hemisfair Tower in San Antonio. It's an annual thing that we do with these friends of ours....have been doing it for the past 4 years.

The food is excellent and the view is spectacular....it spins, slowly....:)

28062-san-antonio-tower_of_americas2.jpg

Mertex , that is an awesome pic!

I am thrilled to see that folks are starting to just come to the CC, grab a cup of Cappuccino and shoot the shit with other fine folks. I see that the number of regulars is growing and hope to see many, many guests in the coming weeks.

I am deep in a family issue right now, so I just can't respond to all postings, but in about 10 days, I should be back into a pretty normal rhythm.

I"m thinking about having an "invite your opposite" day here, meaning that everyone would specifically invite one or two members who are diametrically opposite to them to come over and just enjoy one's company.

What do you all think of this idea?

You really are one of the most kind hearted posters here.

Yes, I would be willing to invite my opposite but dang! There are so many!

;)

Just notice this thread after i posted in The Coffee Shop. Mocha Cappuccino and scones are my latest favorite afternoon pick me up, so maybe i'll double fist it today, lol. Hey there everyone..

Hello Bonita Louise and welcome/Bienvenue/Herzlich Willkommen to the Cappucino Corral!

Here we shoot the shit with the best of them, so pick your shit and start to shoot!

But remember:

-no politics
-no religion
-no trolling

Have a good time!!

-Stat

Yes.....I pulled them up.........:D

I also brought in my P L A N T S......:cool:
frozen PANTS are hard to fold.

That explains why Mertex hangs them in her windows instead. ;)

And I'm sure you'll be telling us how you know that ...................

:link:

With photos.

In full color.

:woohoo:

:lol:

Forum List

Back