The Cappucino Corral

Good morning, fellow Cappucinistas of the world, rise and shine, it's a lovely Monday!

Only 10 days until the 1st day of Christmas, Chanukah begins tomorrow and lasts until December 24th, the Feast of Losar, which often happens in December, starts in February 2015 this time around, Winter Solstice is on December 21st and Kwanzaa goes from December 26th to January 1st.

Let the race to the family feasts begin!!! :D
Have some good celebrations, I guess I don't really know much about how the Jewish holidays work but from what I've seen, it's beautiful and the feasts are amazing.

Can't go into the religious, but I can say that Chanukah (hebrew: "re-dedication") is considered a minor festival in Judaism, and celebrated mostly in the home. The thing that makes Chanukah suddenly important is it's relative proximity in time to Christmas. But it's a fun 8 day holiday. I like it!

Beautiful, quiet morning here. Temp is supposed to get up to 58. We sat out on the deck for breakfast and watched the birds.

We heard Gilbert, a great blue heron who owns our boat dock. He throws a fit if anyone gets near. Of course, we don't know if it was Gilbert or his wife, Sullivan but they're very territorial and make it known that the dock is theirs!

Hey, Mertex - found something for you:

1-a8a5395ac2cde506.jpg

:D

HA!!!

Too late. I got here first and he's MINE, all mine!

Sorry Mertex

GMorning all ...

Warm here too. Mid 50s yesterday and not a flake in sight.

No complaints from me about that.!

He's mine, Luddly, you can't come in here and steal like that......:)

Here is one that needs your care.........
cat.jpg

Hey, Mertex - found something for you:

1-a8a5395ac2cde506.jpg

:D

HA!!!

Too late. I got here first and he's MINE, all mine!

Sorry Mertex

GMorning all ...

Warm here too. Mid 50s yesterday and not a flake in sight.

No complaints from me about that.!

He's mine, Luddly, you can't come in here and steal like that......:)

Here is one that needs your care.........
cat.jpg

Oh dear ... Oh all right. I'll trade you.

Poor guy.

They all deserve better than this.

Anyone here eat spaghetti squash? I had forgotten how versatile it is.

We had it tonight with spaghetti sauce - SO good.

We also make a casserole with it that I just love.

And lunch was leftover World Famous Atomic Minestrone.

Anyone here eat spaghetti squash? I had forgotten how versatile it is.

We had it tonight with spaghetti sauce - SO good.

We also make a casserole with it that I just love.

And lunch was leftover World Famous Atomic Minestrone.

Oh yes, I love spaghetti squash.....what do you put in your casserole?

Morning SL. Overcast again here today, I'm doing laundry, not exactly fun but I hang in there by enjoying a bit of hot chocolate and a cookie every so often. :)

Raining here and in my kitchen!

Seems I need to seal a seam on the back roof very soon. A little steady drip about every 20-30 seconds.

Looking forward to fixing a short list of home repairs by next summer and move to the countryside.

Better setup for the landscaping business and selling a few auction cars, along with an attached garage and less taxes.

"Sixty Beans"!!

Good Morning and happy Humpday, Cappucinistas of the World! Rise and shine, enjoy your Cappu-Day.

Last evening, I was at a Christmas Party for clients of mine and they gave me a gift:

20141217_084836 (Medium).jpg

Take a closer look:

20141217_084852 (Medium).jpg

Those are coffee beans, exactly SIXTY of them, in this case, laminated!! :lol:

Why? Well:

20141217_084933 (Medium).jpg

Look closer, the story is on the package:

20141217_084954 (Medium).jpg

Not only did Ludwig Van Beethoven hand-count those 60 beans, in the case of visiting a cafe, he would demand that the waiter would count exactly 60 beans in his presence, crush them, and cook the coffee in his presence. This made Beethoven somewhat of a pain in the ass when it came to cafe visits, where he often composed over coffee, sketching melodies on cloth napkins, anything he could find.

Coffee was still a relatively exotic drink in Beethoven's day. Yes, coffee had been imported from Turkey for a good while, back to Bach's day (Bach even wrote a "Kaffee Kantata"), but Beethoven was one of the first Composers to use "turkish sounding" instruments in his orchestrations, most notably, the use of turkish cymbals in the 4th movement (March section, with Tenor solo) of the 9th symphony. It caused for quite a sensation back in his day.

The group that threw the annual Christmas Bash gave me this nice gift because I composed a 12-bar blues piece for them called "Go, Ludwig, Go!" and as a passing text within, I use "60 beans". Well, they loved it and decided to give me this unusual gift. In addition to what you see in the photos, I also got a small package of exactly 60 beans, freshly ground, and in the tradition of Beethoven, I made a Cappuccino this morning by first putting the exactly those 60 ground beans in a cup, poured scalding hot water over it, let it sit for 5 minutes, and in the meantime, I frothed up the milk, added it slowly and drank and exquisite Cappuccino with a tad of sugar. Only, you can't tip the cup too far or you drink the grounds!!!

And the brand of coffee they gave me is called Timur Robusta. If you can find it where you live, give it a try, it has a most incredible taste to it.

-Stat

"Sixty Beans"!!

Good Morning and happy Humpday, Cappucinistas of the World! Rise and shine, enjoy your Cappu-Day.

Last evening, I was at a Christmas Party for clients of mine and they gave me a gift:

View attachment 35067

Take a closer look:

View attachment 35068

Those are coffee beans, exactly SIXTY of them, in this case, laminated!! :lol:

Why? Well:

View attachment 35069

Look closer, the story is on the package:

View attachment 35070

Not only did Ludwig Van Beethoven hand-count those 60 beans, in the case of visiting a cafe, he would demand that the waiter would count exactly 60 beans in his presence, crush them, and cook the coffee in his presence. This made Beethoven somewhat of a pain in the ass when it came to cafe visits, where he often composed over coffee, sketching melodies on cloth napkins, anything he could find.

Coffee was still a relatively exotic drink in Beethoven's day. Yes, coffee had been imported from Turkey for a good while, back to Bach's day (Bach even wrote a "Kaffee Kantata"), but Beethoven was one of the first Composers to use "turkish sounding" instruments in his orchestrations, most notably, the use of turkish cymbals in the 4th movement (March section, with Tenor solo) of the 9th symphony. It caused for quite a sensation back in his day.

The group that threw the annual Christmas Bash gave me this nice gift because I composed a 12-bar blues piece for them called "Go, Ludwig, Go!" and as a passing text within, I use "60 beans". Well, they loved it and decided to give me this unusual gift. In addition to what you see in the photos, I also got a small package of exactly 60 beans, freshly ground, and in the tradition of Beethoven, I made a Cappuccino this morning by first putting the exactly those 60 ground beans in a cup, poured scalding hot water over it, let it sit for 5 minutes, and in the meantime, I frothed up the milk, added it slowly and drank and exquisite Cappuccino with a tad of sugar. Only, you can't tip the cup too far or you drink the grounds!!!

And the brand of coffee they gave me is called Timur Robusta. If you can find it where you live, give it a try, it has a most incredible taste to it.

-Stat
Great story, Stat.....but I think I'll continue to wing it in measuring my coffee to go into the coffee pot.....:)

Morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends! Cheers!

Forum List

Back