The Cappucino Corral

I shouldn't have looked. It's -4 but feels like -27. I have to go bring the garbage bins back too. Aarrggghhh!

North Western Ohio is pretty flat so that winds really whips around. Luckily my area has many small mounts and hills to take the bite out of the wind.

I love the new avie btw.

How many Ohioans are on this thread, really???

:lol:

Ok, all Ohioans, one step forward!!!
More Ohioans than I thought are here. You know Teapartysami is from Ohio too. :)

So, you, me, mdk, Teapartysamurai (has she visited here`?) and....
You know that new kid that keeps bragging about how smart and rich he is, JR? He's in Columbus.

I shouldn't have looked. It's -4 but feels like -27. I have to go bring the garbage bins back too. Aarrggghhh!

North Western Ohio is pretty flat so that winds really whips around. Luckily my area has many small mounts and hills to take the bite out of the wind.

I love the new avie btw.

More Ohioans than I thought are here. You know Teapartysami is from Ohio too. :)

My deepest condolences! :D

So I can now officially tell my grandkids (assuming I ever have any) that I went swimming when the temperature was 7 degrees. Not only that but I set a personal best time for 3/4 mile.

Do you think they will believe me? ;)
Indoor pool right?

Heated indoor pool to be precise! :D
I didn't know if you were one of the polar bear club people or not but even Lake Erie is frozen solid at this point.

So I can now officially tell my grandkids (assuming I ever have any) that I went swimming when the temperature was 7 degrees. Not only that but I set a personal best time for 3/4 mile.

Indoor pool right?

I didn't know if you were one of the polar bear club people or not but even Lake Erie is frozen solid at this point.

Sounds like something I would do! :)

Indoor pool right?

Sounds like something I would do! :)
The jump in the river here every January 1. They're crazy.

I love the new avie btw.

I do love me some Ohio but I am a western Pennsylvanian. I am quite familiar with the Ohio, West Virgina, and Maryland because of our families. I am sort of shocked to see so many posters are near. lol

I love the new avie btw.

I do love me some Ohio but I am a western Pennsylvanian. I am quite familiar with the Ohio, West Virgina, and Maryland because of our families. I am sort of shocked to see so many posters are near. lol

I was raised in the Dayton area, did my first degree there, then did my second degree in Akron and gigged out a lot in NE Ohio. Also lived in Youngstown for 6 years. Ahhhh, the old stomping grounds.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I love the new avie btw.

I was raised in the Dayton area, did my first degree there, then did my second degree in Akron and gigged out a lot in NE Ohio. Also lived in Youngstown for 6 years. Ahhhh, the old stomping grounds.

Awesome! I grew up in Beaver County which is not too far from Youngstown. My Aunt and Uncle live in Dayton. Have you ever been to King's Island? I am wild about amusement parks, mainly roller coasters.

I love the new avie btw.

Awesome! I grew up in Beaver County which is not too far from Youngstown. My Aunt and Uncle live in Dayton. Have you ever been to King's Island? I am wild about amusement parks, mainly roller coasters.
I never liked amusement parks but my ex husband loved them. I have gone to both Cedar Point and King's Island but I usually made him take our daughter to stuff like that. She loves them now too.

• Thanks

I love the new avie btw.

Went to King's Island a lot as a kid!!

Small world eh?

• Thanks
Ice dunes take shape across Lake Erie KSN-TV

This looks bitter..

Ice dunes take shape across Lake Erie

PRESQUE ISLE, Pennsylvania – (WICU) The snow and bitter cold are transforming the Lake Erie shoreline at Presque Isle.

Waves are moving large chunks of ice toward shore. And with the bitter cold, the chunks are forming an icy barrier along the peninsula.

The dunes are valuable because they protect the beaches from erosion during severe winter storms, but they are also dangerous for park visitors.

“The biggest danger is falling through. They are partly hollow. If you fall through you are hitting water, or if they are over land you are still falling,” warns Ranger Supervisor Bryan Hogan.

Read more: Ice Dunes Forming Quickly Along Presque Isle Shoreline - WICU12 HD WSEE Erie PA News Sports Weather Events

Ice dunes take shape across Lake Erie KSN-TV

This looks bitter..

Ice dunes take shape across Lake Erie

PRESQUE ISLE, Pennsylvania – (WICU) The snow and bitter cold are transforming the Lake Erie shoreline at Presque Isle.

Waves are moving large chunks of ice toward shore. And with the bitter cold, the chunks are forming an icy barrier along the peninsula.

The dunes are valuable because they protect the beaches from erosion during severe winter storms, but they are also dangerous for park visitors.

“The biggest danger is falling through. They are partly hollow. If you fall through you are hitting water, or if they are over land you are still falling,” warns Ranger Supervisor Bryan Hogan.

Read more: Ice Dunes Forming Quickly Along Presque Isle Shoreline - WICU12 HD WSEE Erie PA News Sports Weather Events

Wow.

Happy Weekend, fellow Cappucinistas!

Cappuccino-500x500.jpg

Forum List

Back