The Cappucino Corral

-6 actual with winds at 6-18mph for a wind chill of -24. Snow tonight, so I'll be up at 6am to shovel for two hours or so.

I have recovered from a too intense tricep workout Monday. I couldn't relax the right arm enough to shave or wash my hair yesterday. Everything is back in working order today.

I've always read that work outs should not leave you sore. If working out is making you that sore, you might want to take a look at what you're doing.

:dunno:

Really cold here too and that wind off the lake doesn't help.

Game of Thrones ... when will it be back?

And, anyone see the new Downton Abbey?

Gotta drive to the big city today and I'm sitting here like I have nothing to do.

Have a nice day, y'all and stay warm.

10 degrees here
smow.gif

I shouldn't have looked. It's -4 but feels like -27. I have to go bring the garbage bins back too. Aarrggghhh!

North Western Ohio is pretty flat so that winds really whips around. Luckily my area has many small mounts and hills to take the bite out of the wind.

I love the new avie btw.
Thanks! Are you a Game of Thrones fan?

Hell yes, I've read all the books as well. I love that universe and I can't wait for the next book.

Really cold here too and that wind off the lake doesn't help.

Game of Thrones ... when will it be back?

And, anyone see the new Downton Abbey?

Gotta drive to the big city today and I'm sitting here like I have nothing to do.

Have a nice day, y'all and stay warm.
April. Can't wait but other series I like start soon like House of Lies on Showtime, House of Cards on Netflix.

I shouldn't have looked. It's -4 but feels like -27. I have to go bring the garbage bins back too. Aarrggghhh!

North Western Ohio is pretty flat so that winds really whips around. Luckily my area has many small mounts and hills to take the bite out of the wind.

I love the new avie btw.

Hell yes, I've read all the books as well. I love that universe and I can't wait for the next book.
I never did read the books but I sure love the series.

I love the new avie btw.

I never did read the books but I sure love the series.

The series is wonderful but I highly recommend the books though.

Oh yes, HBO has one that looks particularly intriguing called The Jinx. February 8

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

One of the most anticipated television events of 2015, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Directed and produced by Andrew Jarecki and produced and shot by Marc Smerling (the Oscar® nominees behind “Capturing the Friedmans”), the six-part documentary series exposes long-buried information discovered during their seven-year investigation of a series of unsolved crimes, and the man suspected of being at its center – Robert Durst, scion of New York’s billionaire Durst family – and was made with his full cooperation. THE JINX will debut exclusively on HBO in Feb. 2015.

Brilliant, reclusive and the subject of relentless media scrutiny, Durst has never spoken
publicly – until now. During exclusive interviews with Jarecki, he talks with startling candor, revealing secrets of a case that has baffled authorities for 30 years. Long suspected in the 1982 disappearance of his beautiful young wife in New York, the 2000 murder of the key witness in the case in Beverly Hills, and the subsequent murder and dismemberment of a neighbor in Galveston, Tex., Durst has consistently maintained his innocence, and remains a free man today.

This unprecedented documentary event tracks Jarecki as he develops a relationship with Durst, unearthing thousands of pages of hidden documents, police files, key witnesses, never-before-seen footage and private prison recordings.

“Andrew and Marc have done a brilliant job weaving a story that is both a character study and thrilling murder mystery. It literally kept me on the edge of my seat,” said Lombardo. ”I am thrilled that this amazing film has found a home on HBO.”

“What occurs in this series is so unique, there is no home for it other than HBO,” says Jarecki. “Over the seven years in which we pursued the story through all its unexpected revelations, uncovering the truth became an obsession. Now the audience can watch it unfold in front of them as it did for us.”

THE JINX: THE LIFE AND DEATHS OF ROBERT DURST marks Jarecki and Smerling’s second collaboration with HBO, following the landmark documentary “Capturing the Friedmans,” which was presented theatrically and televised by HBO. The series is co-produced and edited by Zac Stuart-Pontier, who previously worked with the filmmakers on “Catfish,” and executive produced by Jason Blum of Blumhouse, whose previous HBO credits include “The Normal Heart.”

HBO The Jinx The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst About the Show

Lots more at the site plus a trailer...

10 degrees here
smow.gif

My thermometer that's in the sun says it's up to 25 now :woohoo:

I don't know what it dropped to last night but at one point it was 2 below zero. I'm just stoking the wood stove all day. Hobbes is basking in it.
We were supposed to hit 14 today but we never did. It's 6 with a wind chill of -11. Lordy... :lol:

So I can now officially tell my grandkids (assuming I ever have any) that I went swimming when the temperature was 7 degrees. Not only that but I set a personal best time for 3/4 mile.

Do you think they will believe me? ;)

10 degrees here
smow.gif

My thermometer that's in the sun says it's up to 25 now :woohoo:

I don't know what it dropped to last night but at one point it was 2 below zero. I'm just stoking the wood stove all day. Hobbes is basking in it.

Whenever the temperature drops into single digits the fire alarm goes off in the wee hours of the night.

Just going to have to raise the thermostat to keep it toasty in here for the next few days.

I love the new avie btw.

How many Ohioans are on this thread, really???

:lol:

Ok, all Ohioans, one step forward!!!

I love the new avie btw.

More Ohioans than I thought are here. You know Teapartysami is from Ohio too. :)

I love the new avie btw.

More Ohioans than I thought are here. You know Teapartysami is from Ohio too. :)

So, you, me, mdk, Teapartysamurai (has she visited here`?) and....

Forum List

Back