The Cappucino Corral

I shouldn't have looked. It's -4 but feels like -27. I have to go bring the garbage bins back too. Aarrggghhh!

North Western Ohio is pretty flat so that winds really whips around. Luckily my area has many small mounts and hills to take the bite out of the wind.

I love the new avie btw.

How many Ohioans are on this thread, really???

:lol:

Ok, all Ohioans, one step forward!!!

I do love me some Ohio but I am a western Pennsylvanian. I am quite familiar with the Ohio, West Virgina, and Maryland because of our families. I am sort of shocked to see so many posters are near. lol

I was raised in the Dayton area, did my first degree there, then did my second degree in Akron and gigged out a lot in NE Ohio. Also lived in Youngstown for 6 years. Ahhhh, the old stomping grounds.

Awesome! I grew up in Beaver County which is not too far from Youngstown. My Aunt and Uncle live in Dayton. Have you ever been to King's Island? I am wild about amusement parks, mainly roller coasters.

ooo ooo

I LOVE roller coasters.

I haven't been on one in years and I'd probably never walk again but, in my misspent youth, I couldn't get back in line fast enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
2737-1391716627-b9706010bed69390dd8f2f5e583c0071.jpg

So I can now officially tell my grandkids (assuming I ever have any) that I went swimming when the temperature was 7 degrees. Not only that but I set a personal best time for 3/4 mile.

Do you think they will believe me? ;)
Indoor pool right?

Heated indoor pool to be precise! :D
I didn't know if you were one of the polar bear club people or not but even Lake Erie is frozen solid at this point.

Sounds like something I would do! :)

Not me.

Just the thought of it makes me want to get a blanket.

Our lake is frozen solid now. The eagles fly over, probably looking for a thawed out spot for fish. But, we're not seeing the adults together which, I hope means there are eggs and we're gonna be grand parents again.

Very funny - our utility company called all of us on the peninsula to tell us they would be cutting branches along our road. We called to make sure they wouldn't be spraying again because they killed off many of our plants and trees last time.

They said they were putting off the branch cutting because they were getting dive-bombed by the eagles.

Can't imagine being up in the air on a cherry picker and having adult eagles swooping down at you.

The critters woke we well before dawn. Czar wanted to go out but we have an outside door in the bedroom so its easy to let him out and go back to bed. Problem is, he thinks the only door he can or wants to come in is at the other side of the house. So, its not long before I hear his big WOOOF!! calling me to the other door.

Bad enough but Catsby, who thinks he's a puppy/toddler, was scratching and chirping (Maine coons don't "meow") at the closed bedroom door.

I finally gave up and I'm on my second cup of coffee.

Kids.

... sigh ...

G'Morning all.

So I can now officially tell my grandkids (assuming I ever have any) that I went swimming when the temperature was 7 degrees. Not only that but I set a personal best time for 3/4 mile.

Do you think they will believe me? ;)
Indoor pool right?

I didn't know if you were one of the polar bear club people or not but even Lake Erie is frozen solid at this point.

Not me.

Our lake is frozen solid now. The eagles fly over, probably looking for a thawed out spot for fish. But, we're not seeing the adults together which, I hope means there are eggs and we're gonna be grand parents again.

Very funny - our utility company called all of us on the peninsula to tell us they would be cutting branches along our road. We called to make sure they wouldn't be spraying again because they killed off many of our plants and trees last time.

They said they were putting off the branch cutting because they were getting dive-bombed by the eagles.

Can't imagine being up in the air on a cherry picker and having adult eagles swooping down at you.

They are just protecting their territory which is what they are supposed to be doing when it is being attacked.

Last edited:
Indoor pool right?

Not me.

They are just protecting their territory which is what they are supposed to be doing when it is being attached.

attached??

:D

Been bitterly cold here the last few days, but a section of the lake I'm suppose to cut down cat tails on still has a few open water parts. As you can imagine this is a tough job for me given the cold, possible water issues and cutting cat tails. Ouch!

Probably opt out for the closet organizer shelf project for another customer today.

Not me.

They are just protecting their territory which is what they are supposed to be doing when it is being attached.

attached??

Good catch! :lol:

Not me.

attached??

Good catch! :lol:

The kryptonite is really helping my eyes!!

Indoor pool right?

Not me.

They are just protecting their territory which is what they are supposed to be doing when it is being attacked.

Oh absolutely. Sorry I didn't say that.

And they're right. They were here first.

Forum List

Back