The Chief administrator of EVERY VA facility that cooked the books should be fired

It's a FYI showing some of the problems and so far I haven't found a detailed explanation on administration cost. Right now I'm reading this information....

Chapter 1 Health Care Benefits - Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

Priority Groups
During enrollment, each Veteran is assigned to a priority group. VA uses priority groups to balance demand for VA health care enrollment with resources. Changes in available resources may reduce the number of priority groups VA can enroll. If this occurs, VA will publicize the changes and notify affected enrollees. A description of priority groups follows:
Group 1:Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 50 percent or more and/or Veterans determined by VA to be unemployable due to service-connected conditions.
Group 2: Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 30 or 40 percent.
Group 3:
Veterans who are former POWs.
Veterans awarded the Purple Heart Medal.
Veterans awarded the Medal of Honor.
Veterans whose discharge was for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
Veterans with VA service-connected disabilities rated 10 percent or 20 percent.
Veterans awarded special eligibility classification under Title 38, U.S.C., § 1151, "benefits for individuals disabled by treatment or vocational rehabilitation."
Group 4:
Veterans receiving increased compensation or pension based on their need for regular aid and attendance or by reason of being permanently housebound.
Veterans determined by VA to be catastrophically disabled.
Group 5:
Nonservice-connected Veterans and noncompensable service-connected Veterans rated 0 percent, whose annual income and/ or net worth are not greater than the VA financial thresholds. Veterans receiving VA Pension benefits.
Veterans eligible for Medicaid benefits.

And as I read it seems they have set up a PRIORITY LIST to see who gets priority on being seen........................

It's a FYI showing some of the problems and so far I haven't found a detailed explanation on administration cost. Right now I'm reading this information....

Priority Groups
During enrollment, each Veteran is assigned to a priority group. VA uses priority groups to balance demand for VA health care enrollment with resources. Changes in available resources may reduce the number of priority groups VA can enroll. If this occurs, VA will publicize the changes and notify affected enrollees. A description of priority groups follows:
Group 1:Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 50 percent or more and/or Veterans determined by VA to be unemployable due to service-connected conditions.
Group 3:
Veterans whose discharge was for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
Veterans awarded special eligibility classification under Title 38, U.S.C., § 1151, "benefits for individuals disabled by treatment or vocational rehabilitation."
Group 4:
Veterans receiving increased compensation or pension based on their need for regular aid and attendance or by reason of being permanently housebound.
Group 5:
Nonservice-connected Veterans and noncompensable service-connected Veterans rated 0 percent, whose annual income and/ or net worth are not greater than the VA financial thresholds. Veterans receiving VA Pension benefits.

And as I read it seems they have set up a PRIORITY LIST to see who gets priority on being seen........................

Veterans groups love the VA. Why is that?

Today, 01:12 PM
Remove user from ignore listLoneLaugher
This message is hidden because LoneLaugher is on your ignore list.
View Post Today, 01:14 PM
Remove user from ignore listNYcarbineer
This message is hidden because NYcarbineer is on your ignore list.
View Post Today, 01:16 PM
Remove user from ignore listNYcarbineer
This message is hidden because NYcarbineer is on your ignore list.
View Post Today, 01:17 PM
Remove user from ignore listLoneLaugher
This message is hidden because LoneLaugher is on your ignore list.

Lol
Usual Brainless suspects. LOL indeed!

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-14-02603-178.pdf

Read this............

Inspectors Generals Report.

This interim report provides an overview of our ongoing review at the Phoenix Health Care
System (HCS), identifies the allegations we have substantiated to date, and provides
recommendations that VA should implement immediately. Allegations at the Phoenix HCS
include gross mismanagement of VA resources and criminal misconduct by VA senior hospital
leadership, creating systemic patient safety issues and possible wrongful deaths. While our work
is not complete, we have substantiated that significant delays in access to care negatively
impacted the quality of care at this medical facility

To date, our work has substantiated serious conditions at the Phoenix HCS. We identified about
1,400 veterans who did not have a primary care appointment but were appropriately included on
the Phoenix HCS’ EWLs. However, we identified an additional 1,700 veterans who were
waiting for a primary care appointment but were not on the EWL. Until that happens, the
reported wait time for these veterans has not started. Most importantly, these veterans were and
continue to be at risk of being forgotten or lost in Phoenix HCS’s convoluted scheduling process.
As a result, these veterans may never obtain a requested or required clinical appointment. A
direct consequence of not appropriately placing veterans on EWLs is that the Phoenix HCS
leadership significantly understated the time new patients waited for their primary care
appointment in their FY 2013 performance appraisal accomplishments, which is one of the
factors considered for awards and salary increases.
To review the new patient wait times for primary care in FY 2013, we reviewed a statistical
sample of 226 Phoenix HCS appointments. VA national data, which was reported by Phoenix
HCS, showed these 226 veterans waited on average 24 days for their first primary care
appointment and only 43 percent waited more than 14 days. However, our review showed these
226 veterans waited on average 115 days for their first primary care appointment with
approximately 84 percent waiting more than 14 days. At this time, we believe that most of the
waiting time discrepancies occurred because of delays between the veteran’s requested
appointment date and the date the appointment was created. However, we found that in at least
25 percent of the 226 appointments reviewed, evidence, in veterans’ medical records, indicates
that these veterans received some level of care in the Pho

And why is that..............

Who's fault is that..............

I've talked to Docs before who stated it takes so damn long to get paid by the Gov't that they simply stop taking Medicare.

That is because Gov't run programs are usually BS, full of double talk and massive paper work. Their Administration costs are 4 times that of the private world.
There's a reason why I want Universal Single-Payer. It fixes these kind of issues, for the most part, but yes, red tape is always going to be a problem and it's especially bad at the VA. They also have a serious funding issue. Too many vets and not enough staff, meaning, money!

It is especially bad in every Gov't agency...........

Which is one of it's major malfunctions............

I got a very good taste of the red tape in the military.........

It's a planetary tree killing machine...........in paper work........

Most completely unnecessary. So tell me when the Gov't can get it's collective head out of it's ass.

And we wonder why Bureaucrats are paid MORE than private sector...and they embellish themselves with bonuses...OUR MONEY...and for what? Killing people to make themselves look good?

And people wonder WHY I call DC the District Of Criminals...

And...........?

Priority Groups
Group 3:
Group 4:
Group 5:

Where is your proof of that.

I've not found the 4 times number, so I'll give you that point and that point alone. Now that I'm digging into the priority lists and the IG report I no longer care anyway.

I've not found the 4 times number, so I'll give you that point and that point alone. Now that I'm digging into the priority lists and the IG report I no longer care anyway.

You are conceding the point that the VA hospitals are actually more efficient than private hospitals? Is that correct?

You are conceding the point that the VA hospitals are actually more efficient than private hospitals? Is that correct?

NO.........Absolutely NOT...............

I conceded that I can't find the admin costs as I originally stated............Efficient in what................

NOT seeing the patients or not even putting patients on the schedule at all according to the IG report........................

There are 18 other reports in that report showing the history of incompetence of the system. All keep showing the neglect of our vets and scheduling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9cm7QLTBo]McCarthy Questions VA Officials on Backlogs and Wait Times for Veterans - YouTube[/ame]

March 2013 Congress talking about it by questioning VA.........

BS...........

The GAO has been reporting on the problems for a decade............

Here they are addressing the NOW PROBLEM.

Not public back then. Not an election year.

Everyone knows that the VA has logistics problems and fails to administer care in a timely manner in many cases. Nobody is arguing this point.

Everyone also knows that this happens in the private sector as well.

I am arguing with you in your characterizing this GOVERNMENT run health care program as being less efficient than private sector health care programs. You cannot establish that.

Everyone knows that the VA has logistics problems and fails to administer care in a timely manner in many cases. Nobody is arguing this point.

I am arguing with you in your characterizing this GOVERNMENT run health care program as being less efficient than private sector health care programs. You cannot establish that.

According to data I've posted from the IG..........115 days to see a doctor at the VA..........Please show me those wait times in Private.....................

That's real stupid. I'm not surprised you posted it. Yeah because there are so many people dying on waiting lists in private hospitals.

That's real stupid. I'm not surprised you posted it. Yeah because there are so many people dying on waiting lists in private hospitals.

Please. You are acting as if a vet was denied emergency care or something. Why are you misrepresenting what took place?

Please. You are acting as if a vet was denied emergency care or something. Why are you misrepresenting what took place?

People were obviously denied the care they needed. Show me an example of what happened in the VA at a private hospital.

According to data I've posted from the IG..........115 days to see a doctor at the VA..........Please show me those wait times in Private.....................

The average for about 20 US cities I s around 20 days. Highest in Boston and lowest in Dallas.

Are you representing that 115 day figure as some kind of VA average wait time?

U.S. Congressman Dennis Ross

Mr. Speaker, I rise today in support of the Government Spending Accountability Act, which will reign in out-of-control government spending by providing much needed reforms and transparency for federal employee travel and government-sponsored conferences.

“As someone who introduced similar legislation last year, I want to thank Chairman Farenthold for his continued work on this important issue.

“Mr. Speaker, reports of lavish and out-of-control spending by various federal agencies, most notably the General Services Administration, have highlighted the need for serious reform to these types of fiscally irresponsible practices.

“However, other agencies have been responsible for carelessly wasting taxpayer funds as well.

“One example of this waste took place an hour from my home in Lakeland, Florida.

“In 2011, the Department of Veterans Affairs held two human resources training conferences in Orlando, Florida at a cost of $6.1 million to the taxpayers.

“Last year, an Inspector General report published within the Department of Veterans Affairs found that department conference planners allowed up to $762,000 of unauthorized or wasteful spending. This included gifts, spa treatments, tickets for a helicopter ride, and golf packages.

“Mr. Speaker, the men and women in uniform are some of the best and proudest that America has to offer. They take an oath to uphold not only the Constitution of these United States, but also to give the ultimate sacrifice of their lives.

“Here, the Veterans Administration that is charged with making sure that their benefits are adequately and appropriately provided has been indicted with wasting these taxpayer dollars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dY6-b1GaU]7-31-2013 - Ross Speaks on Floor in Support of Veterans and Against Lavish Government Conferences - YouTube[/ame]

People were obviously denied the care they needed. Show me an example of what happened in the VA at a private hospital.

Those vets who died......can you PROVE that they died due to having to wait for those appointments?

Forum List

Back