The children sang JESUS LOVES ME

Can God possibly be that petty? :eusa_think: Should we ass-u-me that the children who died in the other school forgot to pray?

:dunno:

Can God possibly be that petty? :eusa_think: Should we ass-u-me that the children who died in the other school forgot to pray?

I would hate to imagine a scared little child having nothing to do but cower in a corner waiting to die alone... Not even thinking to pray or knowing how... Now, that would be a tragedy. Don't you think so?

A Briarwood Elementary teacher spoke of her harrowing experience, as she and her students hunkered down inside a classroom, singing "Jesus Loves Me" louder and louder to drown out the roar of the incoming tornado. Briarwood was also destroyed, but no lives were lost.

Please see: 'We will rise': Memorial service honors Oklahoma tornado victims - U.S. News

Good for them. And screw those other losers who died.

Death is not bad if one has a Friend in Jesus. Everyone will die someday. And it isn't just because one is "good" or "bad;" however, one must be prepared!

I would hate to imagine a scared little child having nothing to do but cower in a corner waiting to die alone... Not even thinking to pray or knowing how... Now, that would be a tragedy. Don't you think so?

Of course! Dying a traumatic death alone has got to suck.

The question I have is about God. Do you think He's petty enough to waste 10 little lives as some sort of lesson while saving others because he appreciated the little Jesus song they burst forth with in total fear for their lives?

If God is, why does 'Luck', both good and bad luck, seem to be handed out without regard to belief and/or prayer?

Actually, I would hate to think that people would be so foolish to believe that the gods will protect them from natural disasters.

There are reasons why areas of the U.S. are subject to conditions that cause twisters. Those reasons have nothing to do with the will of the gods. There are atmospheric conditions unique to that area of the country.

Unless you’re willing to believe that the gods dislike people who live in Kansas, Oklahoma, etc., and targets them for special reasons, a reasonable person could conclude that prayer is pointless.

Have you ever thought to question why the gods seem to target Christians in the “Bible Belt” via floods, twisters, drought, etc.?

Do gods, holy spirits, jesus, hate Christians?

It is curious. Don't you think so?

No, the anti-christians are pissed the little bastards who dared to pray in a public building, made it.

If God is, why does 'Luck', both good and bad luck, seem to be handed out without regard to belief and/or prayer?

Is that so? I don't think that is actually true. Yes, everyone will die, but I see that many people live contented and have a run of what some would term favorable "luck."

Last edited:

Actually, I would hate to think that people would be so foolish to believe that the gods will protect them from natural disasters.

There are reasons why areas of the U.S. are subject to conditions that cause twisters. Those reasons have nothing to do with the will of the gods. There are atmospheric conditions unique to that area of the country.

Unless you’re willing to believe that the gods dislike people who live in Kansas, Oklahoma, etc., and targets them for special reasons, a reasonable person could conclude that prayer is pointless.

Have you ever thought to question why the gods seem to target Christians in the “Bible Belt” via floods, twisters, drought, etc.?

Do gods, holy spirits, jesus, hate Christians?

It is curious. Don't you think so?

Well, you would rather thet they trust that the government will protect them from "natural" disasters. And I do not believe the Bible belt gets more than it's share of disasters. Actually, I think San Francisco gets a very high share of terrible events. And California seems to be in a perpetual economic slump.

Is that so? I don't think that is actually true. Yes, everyone will die, but I see that many people live contented and have a run of what some would term favorable "luck."

Is there any evidence that good luck follows prayer? Is there any evidence that bad luck follows unbelief in the ancient stories?

I say no. Luck is handed out without regard to beliefs. I'm a very lucky Monkey and, beyond their literary value, I have no particular respect for the ancient stories.

Is there any evidence that good luck follows prayer? Is there any evidence that bad luck follows unbelief in the ancient stories?

I say no. Luck is handed out without regard to beliefs. I'm a very lucky Monkey and, beyond their literary value, I have no particular respect for the ancient stories.

I don't play the lottery. I don't believe in luck.

A Briarwood Elementary teacher spoke of her harrowing experience, as she and her students hunkered down inside a classroom, singing "Jesus Loves Me" louder and louder to drown out the roar of the incoming tornado. Briarwood was also destroyed, but no lives were lost.

Please see: 'We will rise': Memorial service honors Oklahoma tornado victims - U.S. News

Death is not bad if one has a Friend in Jesus. Everyone will die someday. And it isn't just because one is "good" or "bad;" however, one must be prepared!

"Death is not bad if one has a Friend in Jesus."

Do you realize what a totally insane statement that is !! :cuckoo:

Last edited:

I'm agnostic, but there is nothing insane about having faith. What is insane, is calling out others for their beliefs as if it affects you. I bet when death knocks on your door, you'll be praying to any god to spare your pathetic life.

Do you realize that you are getting old and will die. Philippians 1:21 ►

New Living Translation (©2007)
For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back