The children sang JESUS LOVES ME

Briarwood and Plaza Towers are each about 2 miles from my house. This tornado passed a half mile from my house. I think what all of you callous assholes are missing is that some pretty courageous teachers found ways to comfort small children during what was undoubtedly the most terrifying experience of their young lives. The song the teacher had them sing had nothing to do with who lived and who died. My wish is for each of you to be stuck above ground with a tornado bearing down on your location and do so without your butt puckering. My guess is you will start praying.

California will be in an economic slump as long as democrats are in charge. Thankfully the farmers in the Central Valley have started a political revolt and might change things. It will take too long and California will be long gone before there are any positive changes.

How odd that you would say that. Considering how untrue it is.

Democrats have run Detroit for years and years...look at it now. It'll never come back again, and it used to be such a great city!

A Briarwood Elementary teacher spoke of her harrowing experience, as she and her students hunkered down inside a classroom, singing "Jesus Loves Me" louder and louder to drown out the roar of the incoming tornado. Briarwood was also destroyed, but no lives were lost.

Please see: 'We will rise': Memorial service honors Oklahoma tornado victims - U.S. News

That's nice. Kept their minds occupied.

They didn't sing the National Anthem ... They didn't sing Girls Just Want to Have Fun...

Briarwood and Plaza Towers are each about 2 miles from my house. This tornado passed a half mile from my house. I think what all of you callous assholes are missing is that some pretty courageous teachers found ways to comfort small children during what was undoubtedly the most terrifying experience of their young lives. The song the teacher had them sing had nothing to do with who lived and who died. My wish is for each of you to be stuck above ground with a tornado bearing down on your location and do so without your butt puckering. My guess is you will start praying.

Meditating with "This too shall pass....this too shall pass....this too shall pass...." has always worked for me.

A Briarwood Elementary teacher spoke of her harrowing experience, as she and her students hunkered down inside a classroom, singing "Jesus Loves Me" louder and louder to drown out the roar of the incoming tornado. Briarwood was also destroyed, but no lives were lost.

Please see: 'We will rise': Memorial service honors Oklahoma tornado victims - U.S. News

That's nice. Kept their minds occupied.

They didn't sing the National Anthem ... They didn't sing Girls Just Want to Have Fun...

And.........?

Maybe they should have been singing 'Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.'

I think "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" might have sent a wrong message.....don't you?

"Du De Dun De Du Duuuuuh....Du De Dun De Du Duuuuuuuuh" would have been over the top too.

Last edited:

I'd have chosen a chorus of Ted Nuggets' Wango Tango.

I'm sure there wasn't time to teach them that......sounds like they may have all know Jesus Loves me. Wonder why?

And.........?

Comfort comes from God.

Nah....comfort comes from familiar things repeated again and again and again and again. Comfort comes from an authority figure (a teacher) telling the kids they will be ok. That's where the comfort came from. How many kids were pulled out and carried to safety by a god?

I'm sure there wasn't time to teach them that......sounds like they may have all know Jesus Loves me. Wonder why?

You wonder why? Gee, I don't. They were taught it by adults. They all probably know "Yankee Doodle" and the Barney Song too.

That's easy.

Brain washing and indoctrination.

What about the innocent children who were killed? Are they in heaven right now, waiting in a long line to complain to the god they prayed to?

I have no doubt that prayer comforts the weak minded or, as with these children, the innocent but that doesn't make it any less brainless.

As others have noted, those meek followers that survive disasters will say that dog saved them. **shrug**

That doesn't make it true.

That's easy.

Brain washing and indoctrination.

What about the innocent children who were killed? Are they in heaven right now, waiting in a long line to complain to the god they prayed to?

I have no doubt that prayer comforts the weak minded or, as with these children, the innocent but that doesn't make it any less brainless.

As others have noted, those meek followers that survive disasters will say that dog saved them. **shrug**

That doesn't make it true.
I sure hope no one is giving the surviving kids the impression that they were saved and others weren't because of some kind of favoritism by their god....that would REALLY mess them up.

And.........?

Comfort comes from God.

Nah....comfort comes from familiar things repeated again and again and again and again. Comfort comes from an authority figure (a teacher) telling the kids they will be ok. That's where the comfort came from. How many kids were pulled out and carried to safety by a god?

Zip.

But the "christians" don't care what really happened. They care only about what they can sell.

Forum List

Back