The children sang JESUS LOVES ME

Can God possibly be that petty? :eusa_think: Should we ass-u-me that the children who died in the other school forgot to pray?

:dunno:

I would hate to imagine a scared little child having nothing to do but cower in a corner waiting to die alone... Not even thinking to pray or knowing how... Now, that would be a tragedy. Don't you think so?

They were alone? I thought they were in a group.

Singing the song was for the benefit of the children, not to to demonstrate that God is petty. It gave them comfort and distracted them from the tornado.

It is the liberal non believer view that children be allowed no comfort whatsoever. If there isn't someone willing to masturbate them to make them feel good, they are shit out of luck.

I would hate to imagine a scared little child having nothing to do but cower in a corner waiting to die alone... Not even thinking to pray or knowing how... Now, that would be a tragedy. Don't you think so?

Actually, I would hate to think that people would be so foolish to believe that the gods will protect them from natural disasters.

There are reasons why areas of the U.S. are subject to conditions that cause twisters. Those reasons have nothing to do with the will of the gods. There are atmospheric conditions unique to that area of the country.

Unless you’re willing to believe that the gods dislike people who live in Kansas, Oklahoma, etc., and targets them for special reasons, a reasonable person could conclude that prayer is pointless.

Have you ever thought to question why the gods seem to target Christians in the “Bible Belt” via floods, twisters, drought, etc.?

Do gods, holy spirits, jesus, hate Christians?

It is curious. Don't you think so?

Well, you would rather thet they trust that the government will protect them from "natural" disasters. And I do not believe the Bible belt gets more than it's share of disasters. Actually, I think San Francisco gets a very high share of terrible events. And California seems to be in a perpetual economic slump.

It does? That's odd....things are getting better around here....in California.

There was a story about a brigade in WWII that were Christian men in the heat of a very fierce battle. It is a true story - soldiers brought home to tell their loved ones - they prayed Psalms 91 over themselves every single day and not a single man perished.

Those who witnessed the battle said it was a miracle. They should have been decimated.

That is another answer to prayer. Jesus said those that call upon His name shall be saved. I believe that promise to be multi - dimensional.

California will be in an economic slump as long as democrats are in charge. Thankfully the farmers in the Central Valley have started a political revolt and might change things. It will take too long and California will be long gone before there are any positive changes.

There was a story about a brigade in WWII that were Christian men in the heat of a very fierce battle. It is a true story - soldiers brought home to tell their loved ones - they prayed Psalms 91 over themselves every single day and not a single man perished.

Those who witnessed the battle said it was a miracle. They should have been decimated.

That is another answer to prayer. Jesus said those that call upon His name shall be saved. I believe that promise to be multi - dimensional.

Prayer gives hope and courage. Sometimes that hope and courage is enough to turn the tide of a battle.

Actually, I would hate to think that people would be so foolish to believe that the gods will protect them from natural disasters.

There are reasons why areas of the U.S. are subject to conditions that cause twisters. Those reasons have nothing to do with the will of the gods. There are atmospheric conditions unique to that area of the country.

Unless you’re willing to believe that the gods dislike people who live in Kansas, Oklahoma, etc., and targets them for special reasons, a reasonable person could conclude that prayer is pointless.

Have you ever thought to question why the gods seem to target Christians in the “Bible Belt” via floods, twisters, drought, etc.?

Do gods, holy spirits, jesus, hate Christians?

It is curious. Don't you think so?

Well, you would rather thet they trust that the government will protect them from "natural" disasters. And I do not believe the Bible belt gets more than it's share of disasters. Actually, I think San Francisco gets a very high share of terrible events. And California seems to be in a perpetual economic slump.

In part, yes. I would rather that they trust the government ( state and local), to enact appropriate building codes. In an area of the country known for violent weather (or possibly an area where angry gawds settle their differences), It would make sense to have construction codes that Implement building designs and materials that protect us from angry gawds.

I suppose an alternative would be to march little Johnny and Jane outdoors In the face of a twister and pray that Jeebus will steer the storm around them. That just sounds a bit "iffy" to me in terms of chances for survival.

Did you know that In California, building codes Include provisions for earthquakes? Rumor has it, stronger and better designed buildings save more lives and prevent more property damage than prayer.

Of course...they were supply clerks back in London.....:eusa_whistle:

California will be in an economic slump as long as democrats are in charge. Thankfully the farmers in the Central Valley have started a political revolt and might change things. It will take too long and California will be long gone before there are any positive changes.

How odd that you would say that. Considering how untrue it is.

Prayer gives hope and courage. Sometimes that hope and courage is enough to turn the tide of a battle.
My older brother served two tours with a combat unit in Afghanistan. He would be the first to tell you that training, superior firepower and tactics win battles.

What a shame that prayer didn't seem to work real well for Jews during WW2.

saved? How totally insane

God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

Is that so? I don't think that is actually true. Yes, everyone will die, but I see that many people live contented and have a run of what some would term favorable "luck."

Is there any evidence that good luck follows prayer? Is there any evidence that bad luck follows unbelief in the ancient stories?

I say no. Luck is handed out without regard to beliefs. I'm a very lucky Monkey and, beyond their literary value, I have no particular respect for the ancient stories.

I don't play the lottery. I don't believe in luck.

You don't need to play the lotto to experience luck... Have you ever heard of a natural disaster wherin some kids survived and others perished with no apparent difference in their situation?

Either way, Good Luck, Bro'! :thup:

Good for them. And screw those other losers who died.

Death is not bad if one has a Friend in Jesus. Everyone will die someday. And it isn't just because one is "good" or "bad;" however, one must be prepared!

"Death is not bad if one has a Friend in Jesus."

Do you realize what a totally insane statement that is !! :cuckoo:

It's not necessarily insane, it simply not provable, and it's pretty fucking arrogant to make such a claim as fact.

Forum List

Back