The Christian and Old Testament Law

Now we have a New Covenant...the Old Covenant laws are obsolete.

That assumption doesn't work with dispensational theology because after the church is removed, God will bring the Holy Spirit back to Israel and they aren't abandoning the law.

The other issue is Gotquestions. What is the average education for the writers of the articles? How many dictionaries do they own? Where are they getting their definitions from?

How many dictionaries do you own, Pacer? I own Vine's, Young's, Strong's, Vincent's, Weust, and a couple others. Have you overturned every word to make sure it was translated accurately? Have you consulted with a linguist? Hmm?

How many dictionaries does the average Christian own? Are you sure all the words you read are translated perfectly? You are saying obsolete. Maybe the writer meant superseded.

Maybe the idea of fulfillment is not obsolete but to fill those laws with obedience.

It would take me a lot of work to come to a conclusion. I'm not buying yours.

Produce one site that disagrees with any of the interpretations I provided.

The two great commandments of Jesus:

Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Bible Study: What are the two commandments we should live by?

Naturally, it goes without saying that if you love your neighbour as thyself, you will not kill or steal or...

Last edited:
The most arbitrary logic and bullshit I've ever heard.

You pick and choose which laws to follow -- using the bible to justify your own fears and insecurities.

The most arbitrary logic and bullshit I've ever heard.

You pick and choose which laws to follow -- using the bible to justify your own fears and insecurities.

Who said we're insecure?

Have a good day.

Forum List

Back