The Clean debate zone misuse

The CDZ should not be used to slam the president and his supporters without reprisal...its unfair....if you want to slam us Trump supporters do it in the regular forum...

Who said you can't refute what's being said. There's a difference between refuting someone's statement and simply calling them a stupid piece of shit
Where's that WINNER button?

Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge and Announcements: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.
You've made my point, BB. For a place that lives and dies by the "zone," even their list of forums isn't even organized by Zone! Where do you find "Zone 1? (green area shown below)-- Two of the forums are in the "Office," the next is arbitrarily down in the US Discussion, and the final forum of "Zone 1" is way WAY down in the "Community" area. Who designed this place?

View attachment 326718

Where did you even get that? It's not accurate. We haven't had four zones in a while.
I made it for myself when I joined, to try to sort out and map out where all these hidden "zones" were. It was accurate at that time until some point unbeknownst to me that one of the zones was finally melded into the others reducing us to now only THREE zones, a fact I only discovered a few weeks ago by accident when I had cause to again go researching the topic of "zones."

CASE IN POINT, Taz: Let's say you just logged on and see a red "2" in your "Alerts," and click on one as being a reply to one of your posts (as you maybe just did now) bringing you to THIS POST. LOOK AT IT. If you didn't already know it (and weren't a mod focused on the matter all the time), just looking at my post here-- -- HOW CAN YOU TELL WHAT "ZONE" IT IS IN?
  1. Does it SAY Zone 1?
  2. Does it have any distinction such as a 'Z1' symbol anywhere, a green or red dot (take your pick) to signify the zone 1 area, or ANYTHING which immediately draws the viewer's eye to identify the zone you are in?
This is a SERIOUS FLAW which the IT administrators ought to address. There should be some sort of identifying tag, color, symbol, etc., allied to wherever a post appears, eg, a hypothetical "Alerts" drop down box shown below. ESPECIALLY now that we have the new, better, software.

ALERTS2.jpg

Just about every thread created in the CDZ is a thinly veiled attack on the other side. While the OP creates a thread under the guise of asking an honest question their true motive is almost always clear. Realistically, a thread in the CDZ will only stay "clean" for maybe one page.
It is still for "criticism and debate," which means people aren't all going to agree. It's a place for backing up your opinions logically, with evidence, and not calling other people names. You make it sound as if "clean" means no opinion or disagreement, and that's not the way it is.

The CDZ should not be used to slam the president and his supporters without reprisal...its unfair....if you want to slam us Trump supporters do it in the regular forum...

Who said you can't refute what's being said. There's a difference between refuting someone's statement and simply calling them a stupid piece of shit
Its when you refute in kind and your post is removed for being too personal...well I take it personally when my president and my country gets slammed...so I respond in anger to it...have them take it to the main board....starting a thread that you know will piss folks off in not CDZ material....IMO

Ram, can you provide any examples of what you speak of? I don’t frequent that forum often b/c I can have a sassy mouth. lol
I can't my posts were removed....

Shows you what happens when I try a CDZ thread...lol sorry about that everyone....it flamed out.....

The CDZ should not be used to slam the president and his supporters without reprisal...its unfair....if you want to slam us Trump supporters do it in the regular forum...the CDZ is not your private safe zone....Mr and Mrs snowflake.....just my opinon....
Tissue?

Why can’t you defend Trump cleanly?

I have tried using it under the rules. It’s useless. There is no such thing as civil discourse with a libtard. Their hatred is too strong, venemous and toxic.
Well, besides that, Willow, there are few of them that if you try to keep the discussion logical and follow it out with evidence or proofs to actually refute their statement or prove yours, they refuse. It's right back to cheap insults, wild claims, diversion or duck and run. Most of those on the Left here are here only to throw bombs at Trump, make outrageous claims, inflict personal attacks against anyone who does not side with them, then duck out to another thread. True debate and discussion here where anyone concedes the argument to the other person and admits they were wrong or has his view or opinion changed is a rare thing here.

The CDZ should not be used to slam the president and his supporters without reprisal...its unfair....if you want to slam us Trump supporters do it in the regular forum...the CDZ is not your private safe zone....Mr and Mrs snowflake.....just my opinon....
Tissue?

That's the point...should I have to defend him in the CDZ?... or discuss and debate his actions?.....

Its when you refute in kind and your post is removed for being too personal...well I take it personally when my president and my country gets slammed...so I respond in anger to it...have them take it to the main board....starting a thread that you know will piss folks off in not CDZ material....IMO
What I think you are saying, Ram, is that in the CDZ, things ought to be CLEAN: fact driven. Rather than incendiary slams on Trump designed to take jabs at his supporters, they ought to be fact-driven, based on some sort of tangible evidence which others can examine or refute, not just the absence of PERSONAL ATTACKS AND INSULTS. I can't disagree with that.

Tissue?

That's the point...should I have to defend him in the CDZ?... or discuss and debate his actions?.....
What is so difficult in defending the president without resorting to personal insults?

I know he can’t do it......but why can’t you?

Is the problem debating and presenting arguments or is the problem people who cannot debate and just take it too personal. You can have heated debates but there is a line when facts are no longer used and insults, indignity, self righteousness , and feelings of losing take over. If you have a moderator and you do have to have one in a debate who can be impartial then it should be fine. It just that taking it personal feeling that is the problem, Then the moderator gets blamed.

Debate does require an opposing argument or otherwise it's a group of cheerleaders with there pom poms waving in the air. The girls on the other side are doing the same thing. You are left wondering who is going to win.

Last edited:

What I think you are saying, Ram, is that in the CDZ, things ought to be CLEAN: fact driven. Rather than incendiary slams on Trump designed to take jabs at his supporters, they ought to be fact-driven, based on some sort of tangible evidence which others can examine or refute, not just the absence of PERSONAL ATTACKS AND INSULTS. I can't disagree with that.
Yes when the thread is nothing but lies about the president it should be moved out of the CDZ or it will cause some retaliatory posts to be posted then removed by a moderator leaving the dishonest thread intact....

Tissue?

What is so difficult in defending the president without resorting to personal insults?

I respond angrily to repeated proven lies about the president and his supporters....starting a thread by calling people trumpkins is not a clean debate....

Tissue?

I respond angrily to repeated proven lies about the president and his supporters....starting a thread by calling people trumpkins is not a clean debate....
If you can prove lies in Clean Debate, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Are Conservatives capable of actually defending Trumps actions without screaming.....TDS....TDS.....TDS

Forum List

Back