The college majors that make you the most and the least money

No reason they can't be one and the same...plenty of money and a fulfilling life.

As a matter of fact, the one thing that is fucking up my life right now is lack of money. I don't even need to be rich. I just need ENOUGH money. And I don't have that right now.

Money is freedom, that's what it is. If I had it to do over I would have sought out a career I could enjoy that also paid a lot of money. The best of both worlds.

Not having money for the things you need can suck the joy right out of life.

I've found that no matter how much I earn, I spend it. And no matter how much I spend I can always find ways to spend more. I find I have more freedom when I have less things less money. Somehow the money and things just become anchors and time sucks.

I'm not talking about extras or luxuries or toys. I'm talking about having enough money for the necessities. A roof over your head, clothes to wear, food on the table and adequate transportation. Those things aren't anchors that hold me down, they're a modicum of security in this life. And when you're scraping to provide those kinds of necessities...like I said...it sucks the joy right out of life.

In other words, if my mortgage and utilities are covered, we can afford all the food we need, the car is running and I can replace my socks if they get holes in them, I'm good. I don't need the latest and greatest electronic toys and fancy clothes and expensive vacations. But I need the basics and without them... life devolves into constant worry.

Money solves that so you can get on with self-fulfillment or whatever. Money is a good thing. It's freedom. Maybe I'm different, I've never had a problem with wanting more and more and more money. If I have basic necessities and maybe an occasional luxury or two, I'm good.
That's cool. Yeah I've been sheltered then. Always had money for extras. Hell even the folks on welfare have flat screens and cell phones these days, but I guess if not on welfare or living in a group of income earners then that would be much more difficult.

No reason they can't be one and the same...plenty of money and a fulfilling life.

As a matter of fact, the one thing that is fucking up my life right now is lack of money. I don't even need to be rich. I just need ENOUGH money. And I don't have that right now.

Money is freedom, that's what it is. If I had it to do over I would have sought out a career I could enjoy that also paid a lot of money. The best of both worlds.

Not having money for the things you need can suck the joy right out of life.

I've found that no matter how much I earn, I spend it. And no matter how much I spend I can always find ways to spend more. I find I have more freedom when I have less things less money. Somehow the money and things just become anchors and time sucks.

So you have absolutely no discipline?

Define discipline. I'm 50 and could retire tomorrow.

But when it comes to working and spending the income that is coming in I find it is just as easy to live on half your income as it is to live on double your income. So many ways to live and only one life to do it in.

Which is why Blue States are called "donor states" and Red States are called "Welfare States"?
Don't you just love how the democrats simultaneously complain that the republicans are evil rich bastards that make too much money then turn right around and brag about how much money the evil rich republicans making in their states?

The Republican base support their corporate masters. No one said all Republicans are rich. Look at USMB Republicans. Most of the ones not on welfare or disability live from paycheck to paycheck.

Course, you already knew that. You just like to make shit up and then attack the other side for shit you made up. Typical of right wingers. It's who they are. What they do.

How the hell do you know that?

Show us some proof. This ought to be good.

Don't you just love how the democrats simultaneously complain that the republicans are evil rich bastards that make too much money then turn right around and brag about how much money the evil rich republicans making in their states?

The Republican base support their corporate masters. No one said all Republicans are rich. Look at USMB Republicans. Most of the ones not on welfare or disability live from paycheck to paycheck.

Course, you already knew that. You just like to make shit up and then attack the other side for shit you made up. Typical of right wingers. It's who they are. What they do.

How the hell do you know that?

Show us some proof. This ought to be good.
Let me prove it in typical rdean fashion:

Look at these obviously Republican 90% white poor people going to the government office for their disability checks:

Africa-poverty2.jpg

Here are some obviously Republican 90% white poor children happy that their parents let them graduate the second grade before forcing them to quit school and apply for welfare:

rs8119_19-school-children-happy-to-meet-the-guests-from-india-national-office-scr.jpg

No more so than yours.

Oh yes, we've covered this before, Francis.

Ahh yes the great and powerful UKUNTHAIR knows all sees all yet doesn't know the difference between apathy and hate.

I know about your misanthropy because you've gone out of your way to demonstrate it so many times, Francis. You're a bitter, squirrelly shut-in who peeks out through the boards over the one window on your bunker, grinding your teeth and mumbling under your breath about how you "don't need nobody ur nuthin!" :cuckoo:

Last year one of my fellow students was talking to our welding instructor, asking him about available jobs. The instructor called a former student of his who was at the time welding gas pipeline in Eastern KY. Guy said you can come out and use a company truck, draw per diem, lodging provided, and make 60 grand. If you owned your own truck, it was a hundred grand.

We've been lied to in this nation. We've been told that everyone needs a 4-year degree to be a success.

4-year degrees rarely produce the people who DO things in America. Technical educations, what used to be called vo-tech, DO produce the people who do things.

A lot of rep points rides on if you're referring to the military or not.

A kid out of HS who can get into an apprenticeship type of position has a leg up on many of his college bound buddies. First, he is earning good money right out of High School and second, he is not paying $25,000 a year or more to be educated

A kid that understand wealth and how money works is set for life. Make as much money as you can and dont fall for the belief that money itself is evil. You need money to buy some types of happiness in life.

You just described children of conservatives. You're finally wising up a little.

A kid out of HS who can get into an apprenticeship type of position has a leg up on many of his college bound buddies. First, he is earning good money right out of High School and second, he is not paying $25,000 a year or more to be educated

A kid that understand wealth and how money works is set for life. Make as much money as you can and dont fall for the belief that money itself is evil. You need money to buy some types of happiness in life.

You just described children of conservatives. You're finally wising up a little.

I'm not a conservative. Most people that understand wealth can be described as liberal in their views. Its one of the requirements for understanding wealth.

I'm not a conservative. Most people that understand wealth can be described as liberal in their views. Its one of the requirements for understanding wealth.
Then why do so many liberals hate the wealthy?

I'll give you a moment. I can tell you haven't given this any thought. At all.

Who said liberals hate wealth? Where did you hear that lie? I dont think you are qualified to discuss the topic of wealth if you believe that.

Last edited:

Who said liberals hate wealth? Where did you hear that lie?

It is indeed a lie

In fact, Liberals love wealth

Only difference is that we get everything for free and never work a day in our lives. Each liberal carries a card that entitles them to free drinks, gourmet meals and the Prius of your choosing

Last edited:

Who said liberals hate wealth? Where did you hear that lie? I dont think you are qualified to discuss the topic of wealth if you believe that.
From liberals.

“I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence.”
― Eugene Victor Debs

“The essence of capitalism is to turn nature into commodities and commodities into capital. The live green earth is transformed into dead gold bricks, with luxury items for the few and toxic slag heaps for the many. The glittering mansion overlooks a vast sprawl of shanty towns, wherein a desperate, demoralized humanity is kept in line with drugs, television, and armed force.”
― Michael Parenti

“In a time in which Communist regimes have been rightfully discredited and yet alternatives to neoliberal capitalist societies are unwisely dismissed, I defend the fundamental claim of Marxist theory: there must be countervailing forces that defend people's needs against the brutality of profit driven capitalism.”
― Cornel West

“Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.”
― Bertrand Russell

“Capitalism means that a few people will do very well, and the rest will serve the few.”
― Michael Moore

"Eat the rich!!"
― Anonymous street protester

From liberals.

“I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence.”
― Eugene Victor Debs

“The essence of capitalism is to turn nature into commodities and commodities into capital. The live green earth is transformed into dead gold bricks, with luxury items for the few and toxic slag heaps for the many. The glittering mansion overlooks a vast sprawl of shanty towns, wherein a desperate, demoralized humanity is kept in line with drugs, television, and armed force.”
― Michael Parenti

“In a time in which Communist regimes have been rightfully discredited and yet alternatives to neoliberal capitalist societies are unwisely dismissed, I defend the fundamental claim of Marxist theory: there must be countervailing forces that defend people's needs against the brutality of profit driven capitalism.”
― Cornel West

“Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.”
― Bertrand Russell

“Capitalism means that a few people will do very well, and the rest will serve the few.”
― Michael Moore

"Eat the rich!!"

How did you get liberals hate wealth out of that? Do you even know what wealth is or how its measured?

From liberals.

― Eugene Victor Debs

― Michael Parenti

― Cornel West

― Bertrand Russell

― Michael Moore

"Eat the rich!!"

How did you get liberals hate wealth out of that? Do you even know what wealth is or how its measured?
:lol: Too complicated? Maybe some visual aids will help:

occupy-wall-stree-teat-a-banker.jpg

jews1.jpg

protest-umass-10-05-11-2-%C2%A9paul-shoul.jpg

assclap is one of the more dim posters on USMB.

From liberals.

― Eugene Victor Debs

― Michael Parenti

― Cornel West

― Bertrand Russell

― Michael Moore

"Eat the rich!!"

:lol: Too complicated? Maybe some visual aids will help:

Is my question too complicated? If you can answer that then you would know that your statement was false.

Oh yes, we've covered this before, Francis.

Ahh yes the great and powerful UKUNTHAIR knows all sees all yet doesn't know the difference between apathy and hate.

I know about your misanthropy because you've gone out of your way to demonstrate it so many times, Francis. You're a bitter, squirrelly shut-in who peeks out through the boards over the one window on your bunker, grinding your teeth and mumbling under your breath about how you "don't need nobody ur nuthin!" :cuckoo:

This from the narcissistic ass wipe who thinks the world is a better place for the gift of his loins.

And I never said I don't need anyone. I'd be lost without my lovely wife. I just don't delude myself that everyone cares about everyone else like you do.

For example you could drop dead tomorrow and I wouldn't know or care.

And you seem to go out of your way to taunt me why is that?

Maybe a little projection as you sit in your rat infested shit hole in Dorchester.

Forum List

Back