The college majors that make you the most and the least money

Parents need to stop accommodating kids on their college choices. Kids get to pick any college they want or any major they want and parents just write the checks no questions asked

We need to ask why schools even teach useless crap like liberal arts and the humanities. If you have an interest in it fine. Get a book on the subject and read it

Colleges should only teach STEM.

[

My youngest son (soon to be a valedictorian) was gonna be a musician last year. I said cool. I asked him will he go to school after HS for that? He said he wanted to go to a school that has a dual major for art and music and maybe take some classes in management. I said cool. Then we looked at what those jobs pay and I asked him with a straight face how would he pay for the school, a place to live, a car, dates and such if he did not become a famous artist right away? I told him I admired him for choosing such a tough life as a starving artist.

Now he wants to be a doctor.

Has he got the brains to be a doctor? I suspect lots of people are attracted to the arts cause they know they're dummies .

The problem with High School kids is that they are just stupid. They have no concept of what the real world is like and make choices based on their limited High School experiences

A kid loves art or music so they become Art Majors or Music Majors. It will not make you an artist or a musician. Our greatest artists and our greatest musicians did not go to college for it. Best a college degree will do is allow you to teach art or music to others

Parents need to stop accommodating kids on their college choices. Kids get to pick any college they want or any major they want and parents just write the checks no questions asked

How many kids choose a college based on where their friends are going or because they have a winning football team or because they want to go to Florida or California? How many choose majors that do nothing to make them employable?

Parents need to learn to say no

My youngest son (soon to be a valedictorian) was gonna be a musician last year. I said cool. I asked him will he go to school after HS for that? He said he wanted to go to a school that has a dual major for art and music and maybe take some classes in management. I said cool. Then we looked at what those jobs pay and I asked him with a straight face how would he pay for the school, a place to live, a car, dates and such if he did not become a famous artist right away? I told him I admired him for choosing such a tough life as a starving artist.

Good for your son

If your kid loves music, there is nothing that keeps him from playing while he goes for a medical degree or for the rest of his life. You see very few great musicians with Masters Degrees or Doctorates in music.

AYUP.. now he plans to make music his joy/hobby that he does when he's not working vs. making it his work. If the music happens it happens, otherwise he'll help people through being a doctor. We'll see, he's still in HS. My daughter is a nurse, and my older boy is in Engineering school.

Every industry in this and other nations need more engineers. The world economy, on the whole, has not produced the people educated in the fields it takes to sustain our technology. On my level, we simply cannot get enough qualified millwrights and electricians, and on the level just above, getting engineers is equally difficult. Here, and everywhere else, the media, movies, tv, ect. simply portrays the people that do the everyday work that powers the world economy as klutzes, and glorifies the people with the guns and useless jobs, like athletes.

Wealth is people with technical skills - engineers, computer scientists, businessmen, farmers, physicists, automotive technicians etc. People that can do things, make things, grow things, and fix things.

We call those people Democrats.

Correction, we call these people Democrats.

View attachment $democrat.bmp

hahaha what liberal crap. There is no thinking involved in "studying" history or political science. And if you want to learn easy mush like that, you can get a book at the library and do it on your own.

Only kind of intelligence is technical intelligence. Think

if i want to make something, i'll draw a plan and make it. There's nothing wrong with practical things, but they certainly aren't the be-all, end-all of education.

Our technical schools are turning out non-thinking morons with no respect for culture, the arts, or any other thing they can't hit with a hammer. Most of them couldn't construct an argument if their lives depended on it.

well that can't be republicans since so many don't go to school. Seems they don't want to be an "elitist" and besides, education is for snobs.

$even_jesus.jpg

BS. All democrats who went to college majored in verbal crap like sociology or literature.

Which is why Blue States are called "donor states" and Red States are called "Welfare States"?
Don't you just love how the democrats simultaneously complain that the republicans are evil rich bastards that make too much money then turn right around and brag about how much money the evil rich republicans making in their states?

The Republican base support their corporate masters. No one said all Republicans are rich. Look at USMB Republicans. Most of the ones not on welfare or disability live from paycheck to paycheck.

Course, you already knew that. You just like to make shit up and then attack the other side for shit you made up. Typical of right wingers. It's who they are. What they do.

[

Has he got the brains to be a doctor? I suspect lots of people are attracted to the arts cause they know they're dummies .

Yeah. He memorized all the pokemons when he was 5. He memorized pie to 500 places in an hour and recited it on the school intercom when he was 8. He has never received a B. He can solve a rubic cube in less than two min. His IQ is in the range of genius. He taught himself to play piano and guitar in a day. He's damn good at music and has a fair voice, I think he likes the reaction he gets from the audience when he plays. He's president of his class,... and he doesn't have a big head about anything. He's not into sports though :)

Pretty sure he would be equally good at surgeon, brain in a think tank, musician, or whatever he wants to do. The tough thing for him will be having to study. He's never really had competition at school. When he was in the district scholastic competitions he won most of the ones he entered sometimes second.

<- Proud dad.

Last edited:
College major that makes you the most amount of precious money...

Or the life that is most fulfilling?

Have you been brainwashed enough?

No reason they can't be one and the same...plenty of money and a fulfilling life.

As a matter of fact, the one thing that is fucking up my life right now is lack of money. I don't even need to be rich. I just need ENOUGH money. And I don't have that right now.

Money is freedom, that's what it is. If I had it to do over I would have sought out a career I could enjoy that also paid a lot of money. The best of both worlds.

Not having money for the things you need can suck the joy right out of life.

Which is why Blue States are called "donor states" and Red States are called "Welfare States"?
Don't you just love how the democrats simultaneously complain that the republicans are evil rich bastards that make too much money then turn right around and brag about how much money the evil rich republicans making in their states?

The Republican base support their corporate masters. No one said all Republicans are rich. Look at USMB Republicans. Most of the ones not on welfare or disability live from paycheck to paycheck.

Course, you already knew that. You just like to make shit up and then attack the other side for shit you made up. Typical of right wingers. It's who they are. What they do.
Where did I use the word all? jerk off.

No reason they can't be one and the same...plenty of money and a fulfilling life.

As a matter of fact, the one thing that is fucking up my life right now is lack of money. I don't even need to be rich. I just need ENOUGH money. And I don't have that right now.

Money is freedom, that's what it is. If I had it to do over I would have sought out a career I could enjoy that also paid a lot of money. The best of both worlds.

I've found that no matter how much I earn, I spend it. And no matter how much I spend I can always find ways to spend more. I find I have more freedom when I have less things less money. Somehow the money and things just become anchors and time sucks.

[

What's your advanced degree in, asshole?

I've found that no matter how much I earn, I spend it. And no matter how much I spend I can always find ways to spend more. I find I have more freedom when I have less things less money. Somehow the money and things just become anchors and time sucks.

So you have absolutely no discipline?

The problem with High School kids is that they are just stupid. They have no concept of what the real world is like and make choices based on their limited High School experiences

A kid loves art or music so they become Art Majors or Music Majors. It will not make you an artist or a musician. Our greatest artists and our greatest musicians did not go to college for it. Best a college degree will do is allow you to teach art or music to others

How many kids choose a college based on where their friends are going or because they have a winning football team or because they want to go to Florida or California? How many choose majors that do nothing to make them employable?

Until when? When do these kids start taking responsibility for their own choices then? Oh I forgot, you're a liberal. The answer for your type is "never."

IMO parents shouldn't pay for college.

Your opinion is, of course, meaningless.

IMO parents shouldn't pay for college.

Your opinion is, of course, meaningless.

No more so than yours.

What's the matter you still need mommy to wipe your ass too?

Man up and pay your own way.

Here, let me post it again since it apparently didn't sink in the first time.

$even_jesus.jpg

The oil and gas industries need thousands more engineers. And the demand will only increase with time.

Every industry in this and other nations need more engineers. The world economy, on the whole, has not produced the people educated in the fields it takes to sustain our technology. On my level, we simply cannot get enough qualified millwrights and electricians, and on the level just above, getting engineers is equally difficult.
Last year one of my fellow students was talking to our welding instructor, asking him about available jobs. The instructor called a former student of his who was at the time welding gas pipeline in Eastern KY. Guy said you can come out and use a company truck, draw per diem, lodging provided, and make 60 grand. If you owned your own truck, it was a hundred grand.

We've been lied to in this nation. We've been told that everyone needs a 4-year degree to be a success.

4-year degrees rarely produce the people who DO things in America. Technical educations, what used to be called vo-tech, DO produce the people who do things.

Here, and everywhere else, the media, movies, tv, ect. simply portrays the people that do the everyday work that powers the world economy as klutzes, and glorifies the people with the guns and useless jobs, like athletes.
A lot of rep points rides on if you're referring to the military or not.

Forum List

Back