The college majors that make you the most and the least money

The problem with High School kids is that they are just stupid. They have no concept of what the real world is like and make choices based on their limited High School experiences

A kid loves art or music so they become Art Majors or Music Majors. It will not make you an artist or a musician. Our greatest artists and our greatest musicians did not go to college for it. Best a college degree will do is allow you to teach art or music to others

Parents need to stop accommodating kids on their college choices. Kids get to pick any college they want or any major they want and parents just write the checks no questions asked

How many kids choose a college based on where their friends are going or because they have a winning football team or because they want to go to Florida or California? How many choose majors that do nothing to make them employable?

Parents need to learn to say no

Until when? When do these kids start taking responsibility for their own choices then? Oh I forgot, you're a liberal. The answer for your type is "never."

Save your "I hate liberals" bullshit

If an 18 year old is earning all he money for his education, let him make as many mistakes as he wants. If he is using daddy's money, parents need to be firm on how "their" money is being spent

My money says if the kid was spending his own money, he would make better decisions

I studied in Japan for a year of my BA Degree. I had a friend who majored in Law and then got a job in Export Sales. Another was a Biology major who joined QC department of a company that produced stereo equipment. Still another was a History major.....he is now a Civil Engineer. They all received job related education and training after they were hired.

My point? The purpose of college is to learn how to learn. To refine the skills taught in public schools while developing independent thought and independence in general. You never know where life will take you.

HAHAHA What liberal crap. There is no thinking involved in "studying" history or political science. And if you want to learn easy mush like that, you can get a book at the library and do it on your own.

Only kind of intelligence is technical intelligence. THINK

If I want to make something, I'll draw a plan and make it. There's nothing wrong with practical things, but they certainly aren't the be-all, end-all of education.

Our technical schools are turning out non-thinking morons with no respect for culture, the arts, or any other thing they can't hit with a hammer. Most of them couldn't construct an argument if their lives depended on it.
Ummmm...hey, genius. Technical schools teach technical subjects. Not culture, art, or debate.

(You can tell because they're called "technical" schools.)

Nevertheless, college very often teaches one WHAT to think -- not HOW to think.

College major that makes you the most amount of precious money...

Or the life that is most fulfilling?

Have you been brainwashed enough?

No reason they can't be one and the same...plenty of money and a fulfilling life.

As a matter of fact, the one thing that is fucking up my life right now is lack of money. I don't even need to be rich. I just need ENOUGH money. And I don't have that right now.

Money is freedom, that's what it is. If I had it to do over I would have sought out a career I could enjoy that also paid a lot of money. The best of both worlds.

Not having money for the things you need can suck the joy right out of life.

I've found that no matter how much I earn, I spend it. And no matter how much I spend I can always find ways to spend more. I find I have more freedom when I have less things less money. Somehow the money and things just become anchors and time sucks.

I'm not talking about extras or luxuries or toys. I'm talking about having enough money for the necessities. A roof over your head, clothes to wear, food on the table and adequate transportation. Those things aren't anchors that hold me down, they're a modicum of security in this life. And when you're scraping to provide those kinds of necessities...like I said...it sucks the joy right out of life.

In other words, if my mortgage and utilities are covered, we can afford all the food we need, the car is running and I can replace my socks if they get holes in them, I'm good. I don't need the latest and greatest electronic toys and fancy clothes and expensive vacations. But I need the basics and without them... life devolves into constant worry.

Money solves that so you can get on with self-fulfillment or whatever. Money is a good thing. It's freedom. Maybe I'm different, I've never had a problem with wanting more and more and more money. If I have basic necessities and maybe an occasional luxury or two, I'm good.

Last edited:
The oil and gas industries need thousands more engineers. And the demand will only increase with time.

Every industry in this and other nations need more engineers. The world economy, on the whole, has not produced the people educated in the fields it takes to sustain our technology. On my level, we simply cannot get enough qualified millwrights and electricians, and on the level just above, getting engineers is equally difficult.
Last year one of my fellow students was talking to our welding instructor, asking him about available jobs. The instructor called a former student of his who was at the time welding gas pipeline in Eastern KY. Guy said you can come out and use a company truck, draw per diem, lodging provided, and make 60 grand. If you owned your own truck, it was a hundred grand.

We've been lied to in this nation. We've been told that everyone needs a 4-year degree to be a success.

4-year degrees rarely produce the people who DO things in America. Technical educations, what used to be called vo-tech, DO produce the people who do things.

Here, and everywhere else, the media, movies, tv, ect. simply portrays the people that do the everyday work that powers the world economy as klutzes, and glorifies the people with the guns and useless jobs, like athletes.
A lot of rep points rides on if you're referring to the military or not.

A kid out of HS who can get into an apprenticeship type of position has a leg up on many of his college bound buddies. First, he is earning good money right out of High School and second, he is not paying $25,000 a year or more to be educated

Every industry in this and other nations need more engineers. The world economy, on the whole, has not produced the people educated in the fields it takes to sustain our technology. On my level, we simply cannot get enough qualified millwrights and electricians, and on the level just above, getting engineers is equally difficult.
Last year one of my fellow students was talking to our welding instructor, asking him about available jobs. The instructor called a former student of his who was at the time welding gas pipeline in Eastern KY. Guy said you can come out and use a company truck, draw per diem, lodging provided, and make 60 grand. If you owned your own truck, it was a hundred grand.

We've been lied to in this nation. We've been told that everyone needs a 4-year degree to be a success.

4-year degrees rarely produce the people who DO things in America. Technical educations, what used to be called vo-tech, DO produce the people who do things.

Here, and everywhere else, the media, movies, tv, ect. simply portrays the people that do the everyday work that powers the world economy as klutzes, and glorifies the people with the guns and useless jobs, like athletes.
A lot of rep points rides on if you're referring to the military or not.

A kid out of HS who can get into an apprenticeship type of position has a leg up on many of his college bound buddies. First, he is earning good money right out of High School and second, he is not paying $25,000 a year or more to be educated

A kid that understand wealth and how money works is set for life. Make as much money as you can and dont fall for the belief that money itself is evil. You need money to buy some types of happiness in life.

A kid that understand [sic] wealth and how money works is set for life.

How about a kid that understands how to communicate properly in English?

:rolleyes:

They dont [sic] need to know a bit of English to get wealthy. Wealth has no favorite language. it [sic] only requires you understand its principles.

And here we see the laziness and avoidance of responsibility that so often results in wealth and success. :rolleyes:

How about a kid that understands how to communicate properly in English?

:rolleyes:

They dont [sic] need to know a bit of English to get wealthy. Wealth has no favorite language. it [sic] only requires you understand its principles.

And here we see the laziness and avoidance of responsibility that so often results in wealth and success. :rolleyes:

Here we see the stupidity that runs rampant in your head. Can you show me the law or recommendation that says you need to know English to get wealthy?

Forum List

Back