The Coming End of Free Speech on the Internet: FEC Censorship

Of course Stat doesn't care if free speech is censored as he has nothing of import to say on any serious topic.

Go play with your Inane Clown Posse, hun.

Example:
Net neutrality: Drudgereport gets to post whatever it wants
No net neutrality: Verizon wants Drudgereport to be more liberal; threatens to cut bandwidth unless it cooperates

Where is the evidence that Verizon threatened to cut Drudge's bandwidth? What stops drudge from switching to another provider?
They have already cut Netflix's bandwidth. I'm trying to frame it in a way that you dummies will care about. I could've put FoxNews.com instead.

You didn't answer the question. I use Netflix all the time, and their bandwidth is perfectly adequate.

Me, too. No issues with either it or Amazon Prime.

Of course Stat doesn't care if free speech is censored as he has nothing of import to say on any serious topic.

Example:
No net neutrality: Verizon wants Drudgereport to be more liberal; threatens to cut bandwidth unless it cooperates

there you go. Correct. But the OP article is not about this at all.

Apparently, Boedicca is having a hard time concentrating today. Boe, put the bong down, you uppity water nymph.

Example:

Apparently, Boedicca is having a hard time concentrating today. Boe, put the bong down, you uppity water nymph.

Actually, the thread is about the FEC, not net neutrality. Try keeping up.

Example:

Where is the evidence that Verizon threatened to cut Drudge's bandwidth? What stops drudge from switching to another provider?
They have already cut Netflix's bandwidth. I'm trying to frame it in a way that you dummies will care about. I could've put FoxNews.com instead.

You didn't answer the question. I use Netflix all the time, and their bandwidth is perfectly adequate.
Yea because Netflix is paying them to let people access them on the internet now. Suppose Verizon didn't like USMB? I wonder if USMB could afford to pay them.

Example:

Actually, the thread is about the FEC, not net neutrality. Try keeping up.

But you are trying to make it out to be about net neutrality, ergo, your argument is a fallacy.

Poor, poor, poor low-information Rightie. :D

Last edited:

Example:

Yea because Netflix is paying them to let people access them on the internet now. Suppose Verizon didn't like USMB? I wonder if USMB could afford to pay them.

Then they could switch to another provider. Most big corporations don't give a damn about your political views so long as your money is green.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
If you start a blog and begin opining on political matters, it is a serious incursion into free speech if you have to then provide the government a list of people who financially support you.

Don't be so reflexively lip-locked to Big Brother.

Example:

Then they could switch to another provider. Most big corporations don't give a damn about your political views so long as your money is green.
Except most people can't. I live in Fairfax County VA. Top 5 in the richest counties in America every single year and I have just 2 options for fast internet. Cox and Verizon. If one of those doesn't like your little internet business then SUCKS, your entire Northern Virginia market is gone! Not to mention the rest of the country that uses that ISP!

So if I, right next to the capital of the free world, have only 2 ISP options, imagine the rest of the country.

Nature of the internet prevents anyone from controlling it via laws. Blackout access to some part of it, and as people hear about it, get pissed, a thousand alternatives will come about. Every time they shut down a file sharing site a hundred more pop up in response. Make certain expressions of speech illegal you're only hurting yourself, your party, your supporters and anyone who clapped in applause at that speech.

Lawmakers are almost, but not quite yet, redundant. Common sense and fear dictate human behaviours, not any laws.

How many of us known even a tenth of the US' laws?

Can pass all the laws they like. Murder's illegal too . How it being illegal working as a deterrent? :)

How are you going to prosecute someone for murder if it isn't illegal?

How are you are you going to force people to pay the fine/tax of Obamacare if one does not/can not afford to have health insurance?
People who are financially indigent are exempted from the fine.

And WTF does that have to do with this topic, moron? Any more red herrings you want to toss out?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
If you start a blog and begin opining on political matters, it is a serious incursion into free speech if you have to then provide the government a list of people who financially support you.

Don't be so reflexively lip-locked to Big Brother.

I'm not. I'm pointing to the fact that the OP link is actually not about the topic of net neutrality at all. Discernment is your friend.

Let's get this topic back on track. The OP has nothing to do with net neutrality.

Basically, some liberals want to expand the definition of "electioneering" to include a wider range of public airing of political opinions, and therefore subject them to campaign finance regulations.

THAT is the insanity in play here.

Can pass all the laws they like. Murder's illegal too . How it being illegal working as a deterrent? :)

How are you going to prosecute someone for murder if it isn't illegal?

How are you are you going to force people to pay the fine/tax of Obamacare if one does not/can not afford to have health insurance?
People who are financially indigent are exempted from the fine.

And WTF does that have to do with this topic, moron? Any more red herrings you want to toss out?

Yes the far left shows that they do not understand anything beyond their programmed religious dogma.

So if you do not have health insurance and do not pay the fine, how will that fine be collected?

Since it is "illegal" to not have health insurance.

Forum List

Back